Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 210617 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1425 on: August 25, 2008, 03:14 PM »
I"m in for a dozen of the Cobra Diver...  Not sure if I'll even grab that cobra trooper though, yup I said it...skipping an Army Builder, sell your hasbro stock now...

I'm just not sure how many Blue Shirts I can pick up.  I really want the Cartoony one from the DVD Pack, but not enough to buy more than a couple of the packs.  Other than that with the 5-Pack, Cobra Legions, Scarface, Viper Glider and Officer...it's getting crowded in Springfield...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1426 on: August 26, 2008, 03:19 AM »
If THAT'S an entire wave, WTF?

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1427 on: August 26, 2008, 03:53 PM »
Yup...I really want that Diver...

BTW did everybody here get an SDCC Cobra Commander (Black Suit) that wanted one?   I ended up with an extra.  PM me if you need one.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1428 on: August 26, 2008, 04:09 PM »
I've pretty much stopped this line altogether... in fact, I don't think I've bought anything in almost two months...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1429 on: August 26, 2008, 04:17 PM »
Good for you.  I'm still at full steam, but that w12 is a pretty big let down.  I was a little taken back in one of the QnA's in that Hasbro wants to make this line have as much girth as it did back in the 80's - I'm guessing all movie/cartoon stuff.  They pretty much own the action figure aisle at most stores anyways.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1430 on: August 26, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Alyosha and I were doing the numbers of what is available between NOW and end of the year...

75 figures (including Vehicle Drivers and Multi-Packs, repaints etc)...Talk about girth....

The only thing they are missing from the 80's is the great small and large Accessory/Playsets/Vehicles.

Here is a loose list of what is to come from now till December...

Single Carded:

Mutt                                  September
Duke Tiger Force
Para Viper
Bazooka Viper
Croc Master
Wraith
Wraith Variation

Matt Trakker                      November
Eel
Airborne
Pilot Scarlet
Zartan
Cobra Flint

Tripwire (Desert?)               January
Cobra Diver
Storm Shawow
Ripper
Python CG
Cobra Soldier Red snake

Comic Packs:

Hard Master vs. Snake Eyes/Ninja Trainee     October
BeachHead and Main Frame
Scrap Iron vs Wild Bill

3 Packs:

Deep Six/Joe Diver/Cutter          September
Ace/Wild Bill/ Star Buster
Iron Gren Officer/Destro/Iron Gren

Multi Packs:
Hostile Arctic:
Snow Serp x2                           November
Snow Officer
Snow Scrap Iron
Snow Tele Viper
Cold Weather Viper x2

Hostile Desert:
Desert CG X2                            November
Major Bludd
Hostile Enviro Viper
Mine Sweeper
Flame Thrower
Desert Cobra

Target Ultimate Battle Pack:
Steeler                                     November
Stalker
Shortfuze
Destro
Cobra Commander
Hiss Driver
Cobra trooper

Arise Serpentor DVD:
Dusty                                       October
Bat
Serpentor
Skeleton

Pyramid DVD:
Quick Kick                                October
Snake Eyes
Cobra Commander
Major Bludd

Best of DVD:
Duke                                        October
Alpine
Cobra Commander
Cobra Soldier

Vehicles:

Awe Striker with Leathneck          September
Rattler with Weasel Dick
Conquest with SlipStream

Sharc with Deep 6                       October
Firebat with AVAC

Water Mocassin with Python Copperhead      December
Fang/Claw with Viper/Sky Trooper
Skyhawk with Lift Ticket

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1431 on: August 28, 2008, 11:55 AM »
Good for you.  I'm still at full steam, but that w12 is a pretty big let down.  I was a little taken back in one of the QnA's in that Hasbro wants to make this line have as much girth as it did back in the 80's - I'm guessing all movie/cartoon stuff.  They pretty much own the action figure aisle at most stores anyways.

I think a lot of it has to do with me dropping about a grand on Star Wars stuff the past month...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1432 on: August 28, 2008, 12:02 PM »
I think a lot of it has to do with me dropping about a grand on Star Wars stuff the past month...

That's a lot of the reason I'm pretty much dropping out of Joes (and maybe other lines) at this point now.  There's just so much SW stuff to keep up on these days, and space/budget becomes an issue for many of us at this point in the line(s).  I grabbed BBQ, Hawk, Bazooka, BAT, Snow Serpent, etc. - and I think that will pretty much do it for me with the basic figs.  There are very few of the ones we know are on the way that interest me a whole lot (Mutt and Junkyard is one), so I'm planning/hoping to just stick to the DVD packs right now.  I want the DVDs anyways, and some of the figures on the way in there (Dusty, Quick Kick, new Snake Eyes, etc.) are a nice bonus - and some of the last ones I wanted to get.  Otherwise, I'm probably just going to pick up any others I had as a kid that haven't been made yet (such as Blowtorch and Airtight).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1433 on: August 28, 2008, 12:57 PM »

That's a lot of the reason I'm pretty much dropping out of Joes (and maybe other lines) at this point now.  There's just so much SW stuff to keep up on these days, and space/budget becomes an issue for many of us at this point in the line(s).

I agree with you guys and I've been debating on which of the three lines I collect should be snipped, but it's just very difficult for me to commit.  I'm a carded/boxed collector when it comes to Star Wars and I've been collecting that line since 00 so I really haven't had the pleasure of enjoying that line to the extent of Joes and TF's because they all get openend.  My core "collections" as a kid were Joes and TF's and they were pretty large compared to my X-Wing, Stormtrooper, and Darth Vader I had.  Well now I've got 10 X-Wings and 100's of Stormtroopers & Vaders so I think I'm good in that dept.  Plus I have every character I need.  Don't really care much for anymore background/made up figures.  Seems like Hasbro is getting tapped out and they're going the EU route which I don't really care for so SW is getting the boot after Legacy (with the exception of new BMF vehicles & playsets of course)

Probably should have posted this in one of Brian's collection/space threads...sorry.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 02:23 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1434 on: August 28, 2008, 02:22 PM »
Paul,

If you wind up with extra pieces to the weapon thing from the DVD packs, let me know...  I'd be interested in them and you mentioned nabbing extra DVD packs.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1435 on: August 28, 2008, 07:42 PM »
You want random parts or a whole Mass Device?  I am going to build 2 complete Mass devices for sure and then all the extras are yours...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1436 on: August 28, 2008, 07:47 PM »
Random parts (anything/everything) you don't want...  The cart, the pieces, the consoles, the gun thing, whatever. :)  I can send you a couple cobra trooper guys in return if you'd like?  I think I have some here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1437 on: August 29, 2008, 01:08 PM »
Picked up a Crimson Guard 5-pack at TRU today. I also saw the Firefly/Greenshirts set, but I saw the greenshirts used Duke arms, and all I wanted from that set was Firefly, so I passed on that one. Anyway, the Siegie set is great. Hasbro painted the masks silver instead of black, and it looks a lot better.

If Hasbro and TRU were to decide to sell me a 5-pack of BATs, I'd buy a couple sets. Hopefully TRU continues to get these packs.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1438 on: September 3, 2008, 11:50 AM »
Isn't today supposed to be the release date of the Target Rattler & Conquest?  Still nothing out my way.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1439 on: September 3, 2008, 10:19 PM »
My guess is they'll keep them in the back room for another month, put them on the floor for a week, and clearance them out right away. I'm not looking forward to trying to get these, since the last go-round of vehicles was be-there-or-be-square.

I got my Combat Heroes Snake Eyes and Timber from HTS today. It's neat, but I don't know if I'm sold on the line yet.