Author Topic: SAGA price hike?  (Read 11252 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: SAGA price hike?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 12:57 PM »
Well, it looks like the first shots have been fired...

Reports are coming in from all over the USA today (my JD-mail inbox is flooded).   :D

Wal-Mart - ranges from $5.83 to $5.96

TRU - $6.99

Target - $6.99 (via DPCI number - no actual store reports yet)

So, it looks like the Carkoon wave is coming in at the $6-7 range at the the big three. 

Let's hope we see some price competing between Wally and Target to bring the price back to the $5.00 - $5.50 range again!

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 01:18 PM »
Found them today at Walmart - $5.88 each.  Got one each of Han and Leia, and two Bibs.

:P

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 01:42 PM »
Just like the Post OTC.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 01:59 PM »
ROTS was supposed to be in the same price range but good ol' competition changed that. 

I don't think we'll see "bottom line" pricing this time around because of the lack of volume / movie support.

I can handle $6 (they're nice figures), but anything over $6 and it's iffy....well, I'd pay $7 for the Republic Commando!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2005, 02:44 PM »
I'd still collect at $7.00, but would cut back a lot.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2005, 08:47 PM »
I know I've said this a dozen times but...even at 6.99, they're cheaper than what I was paying in NYC in 1999 when TPM came out!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2005, 12:46 AM »
Seems like the price increase may be on...

At $6 I'm alright...  $7's a bit much though and I'll be cutting back a bit if that's the case.  $6 I'll still get some for customs and army buidling but unfortunately less than I likely would have otherwise.

I still wholely expect some kind of price reduction as the whole competition thing kicks in.  Target's not even reportedly getting anything yet...  When they do I expect WM to try undercutting them.

KM and KB will always be high though, and TRU was higher than WM or Target this past year so I'm not expecting them to come down much.

EDIT:

BTW it's so great to say this here without some dickless wonder telling me how "If a $1 or $2 increase is really that big a deal to you, you probably should quit collecting and being so cheap, or go get a real job"...  Last I looked, that was a popular thing to spout off about elsewhere for some folks...  Glad to see we can talk price increases here and not have to demean each other about how we view value and our spending habits.  Good knowing we've got a solid respectful group guys, seriously. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 01:46 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2005, 07:56 PM »
Seems like the price increase may be on...
EDIT:

BTW it's so great to say this here without some dickless wonder telling me how "If a $1 or $2 increase is really that big a deal to you, you probably should quit collecting and being so cheap, or go get a real job"...  Last I looked, that was a popular thing to spout off about elsewhere for some folks...  Glad to see we can talk price increases here and not have to demean each other about how we view value and our spending habits.  Good knowing we've got a solid respectful group guys, seriously. 

I agree with you on this Jesse. Truly with me and where I am at in this stage of life, money is truly not the problem/issue. However, one of the reasons for that is the wife (who is an accountant) and I run our budget and I budget for my collecting. When the budget is gone, I don't buy until the next month (same with other things we purchase).  It is what I am willing to pay for a product vs the quality I am receiving. FOR ME, anything above $6.25 and I have to look at the figure, the quality of the figure, the articulation, and if it fits into one of my main collecting themes. Lower then $6 and I buy extras for army building and for customs, and extras of figures I really like since the same collecting budget buys more when the figures are reasonably priced.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2005, 10:15 PM »
My problem is storage.   I'm ALMOST glad the price went up.  I can't deal with a million clone troopers even though I'd like too... ;D  If the #41 trooper was plentiful and $2 a pop I'd have WAY too many...  this way it sort of keeps me honest. 

More to the point: I'm becoming more selective and the Carkoon wave drives the point home for me.  I think the wave sucks for the most part and it sobers me a bit.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 07:26 PM by rishakra »

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2005, 12:10 AM »
I feel the same way too.  I'm leaving the US for 6 weeks on a research trip and where I am going there are no stores whatsoever (Antarctica ;D).  So I am glad that the first wave seems to be the worst.  That way I will not feel bad about not being able to get it. :P

I should come back in Mid February to find some good new figures, for the most part.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2005, 02:07 AM »
Had my first encounter with The Saga Collection tonight, Bib Fortuna at TRU down here was $7.49 with tax.  :-X
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2005, 04:27 PM »
Gatillo - have fun and be safe on your trip to Hoth!

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2005, 07:04 PM »
Thanks Chewie.  I am still decided what figure to take so that I can create a small scene on a glacier. ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2005, 03:23 AM »
Snowtrooper...  Without a doubt.  That or a Luke on Taun-Taun like he's out there looking for debris.  :)  The ultimate diorama photo I think Gatillo.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2005, 08:46 AM »
Done.  I'll need some help to be able to load a pic once I come back.
Thanks.