Author Topic: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?  (Read 85448 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?
« Reply #180 on: October 1, 2004, 05:14 PM »
Call me crazy, but just imagine an ANIMATED  clone 3-pack!

Yeah, that would just about rock.  Too bad no one at Hasbro has even thought about this one.

An animated one would be cool... but I personally don't collect the animated stuff.  The demand I think is much higher for the movie style figures.

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2005, 11:42 AM »
Farewell Clone 3-pks - you were fun but are no match for the SA Clone 4-pks at EE.   

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2005, 12:54 PM »
Ah, but the 3 packs will return for Ep3, reports say.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2005, 10:30 PM »
Ah, but the 3 packs will return for Ep3, reports say.

Really... that is cool.  I hope that is true, and I would actually like for them to expand a little more on the Clone Wars era as well... hell I guess they can also go into the post-ROTS era some as well, as rumors are abound that there could be a TV series...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2005, 01:25 PM »
Looks like we'll be getting a ROTS Clone 3-pk... wonder if they will be better than these?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2005, 06:39 PM »
I only want them if they're articulated. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2005, 07:38 PM »
Well, we're getting an SA Clone in this one...a near SA Clonetrooper...and an SA AT-TE gunner. These have enough articulation, all they need is a new helmet and new color schemes. The two compliment eachother, really.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 1, 2005, 10:57 AM »
Yeah, with what we are getting in the basic figure line with some really well articulated figures, I do think a ROTS 3-pk would be nice to fill out dioramas a little cheaper.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #188 on: March 1, 2005, 03:18 PM »
Yeah, with what we are getting in the basic figure line with some really well articulated figures, I do think a ROTS 3-pk would be nice to fill out dioramas a little cheaper.

Agreed. I don't need loads of SA troopers when most of them are just going to stand around looking badass. 3-packs serve that function just as well, and are much cheaper per clone.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #189 on: March 1, 2005, 05:24 PM »
The cost to tool 3 molds (or more) for 3 figures like they did with the AOTC 3-packs though would actually run the company more.

To me, pack 3 of the GOOD basic figures into a pack later and ship 'em out as necessary...  Whip in some color variants if it entices people more, but I doubt that'd even be necessary.  This would be something ideal for maybe next year sometime though alongside similar packs for other eras/films.

SA E2 Clone 3-pack
SA VOTC Stormtrooper 3-pack...

Just something that, after a figure gets a basic release, this makes the value of the molds really take off, and the overall cost-per-unit decrease with every case sold to stores.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 1, 2005, 10:43 PM »
I agree Jesse - but I don't see Hasbro releasing these in SA 3-pks, especially after the EP2 SA Clone is gonna be in the overpriced EE 4-pks and I don't see them being that generous with the VOTC Stormtrooper.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: March 2, 2005, 06:06 AM »
No reason they shouldn't though...  The release could depend on sales more than anything, which I can't imagine the Clones being too hard to find this year but I also don't think they'll be the pegwarmers of the season either.

The 4-pack through EE is supposedly limited (curious to see how true that is though), and it's through EE...  I think the gouge there's more from a lack of effort to get a set lower price.

The 3-packs we got were all-new sculpts with surprising number of parts, for $10...  3 re-issued SA figures from the basic line SHOULD happen, it's a matter of will it...  I think if Clones do so incredibly popular at retail this year as we think they will, maybe a retailer with real clout will get army builder sets in for good prices.  Hasbro's said army building's going to get some focus though, so we'll see.  This may be a carry-over beyond just the movie-year's blitz.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #192 on: March 2, 2005, 06:53 PM »
The cost to tool 3 molds (or more) for 3 figures like they did with the AOTC 3-packs though would actually run the company more.

Can't they just pop new heads onto the previously molded bodies?
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 2, 2005, 10:03 PM »
Just a strange idea I had when you mentioned the "head popping" Valin: what if they did rerelease the VOTC Stormtrooper, but they released it with three heads, all in the same package as a regular carded figure:

1 Stormtrooper head
1 Luke Skywalker head with helmet
1 Han Solo head with helmet

They'd probably have to do some retooling on the ball joint at the neck to make this work, and even though Luke is shorter, we could really use resculpts of both Han and Luke in the armor with a new accurate body.  This would allow Hasbro to reuse an old mold, release a figure that people would be guaranteed to buy at least three of (to get one of each figure in a "permanent" manner), and it would allow people to buy multiples of a regular (and the most superior sculpt of) Stormie to build armies with.

Of course, this will never happen, but I like to live in a dream world.  That's where I'm a viking.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 2, 2005, 10:04 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 3, 2005, 10:23 PM »
They're charging 35 bucks for the 4 pack?

If I had found 4 SA clones at current retail of $5.88 USD, and paid New Yorks 8% sales tax, it would come to $25.40 USD.

Boy does that suck. If I happen to have an extra 300 bucks laying around for a case (NOT LIKLEY) I'll shell out for it.

If not, who cares?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...