Author Topic: TRU "Hunt for General Grievous" Battle Pack  (Read 99965 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Hunt for General Grievous Battle Pack
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2006, 05:52 PM »
I just got an update saying May 19th is my revised ship date.

Got another revised ship date today. It's now June 1st. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2006, 06:16 PM »
Got another revised ship date today. It's now June 1st. :P

Ditto. I am actually thinking about canceling the order and not even buying these . . . I have the Red Arc and Blue/Gray Arc's from the CW and I am thinking that is enough. We'll see, but knowing me I'll still probably buy em, maybe, just because I like, maybe.  . . .  .

I guess we could start having some fun with this and come up with some stupid or wachky idea of where they are at. One is this is all a marketing plot by Hasbro to see how many gunships they sell so they know how many BP to make for retail. Only problem with my theory is that are already made. 
Theory 2 is that they got shipped to outer Mongolio, or Siberia and they are still waiting for the spring thaw to hit those reasons. Yeah, theory two works for me.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 06:19 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2006, 07:27 PM »
It looks like we may all be in the same boat.  I placed my order May 2nd and had delivery estimate dates pushed back until June 5th.  Oh well, at least we will all be getting more ARC troopers soon enough.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2006, 02:18 AM »
I think Hasbro is in over their heads with the way everything is in short supply. I think they can't keep up with the way everything is selling. Look back when the TSC first came out, it would come in (about a case) and be gone within that week from all retailers. Even though half of the figures offered are repacks/remolds. Now if you look, the selves all you see are mostly repack/remold peg warmers all over. When it would be smarter to have made up better case ratios of newer items to keep the boom that has been going. Now they can’t even get an item with repack/remold items to the retailer when they should have. I think Hasbro will be the death of the line if they don’t change and fast.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2006, 09:06 AM »
It certainly seems to be a case of Hasbro dropping the ball. The big box retailers have dedicated a good chunk of shelf space to the brand, and the only sure-fire sellers are lightsabers and figures. I see many empty pegs around here, and the usual peg warmers. Although Reikeen and Derlin are less common than Bib and poggle.

I also received a delay in shipping notice. June 15th is my new date.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2006, 10:39 AM »
I'm probably one of the few people on the planet who's actually happy about the delay. Too much stuff came out this month. It's nice to spread the cost out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2006, 10:49 AM »
I'm probably one of the few people on the planet who's actually happy about the delay.

Yes, yes, you are one of the few. Maybe the only one.

;)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2006, 02:28 PM »
I'm probably one of the few people on the planet who's actually happy about the delay. Too much stuff came out this month. It's nice to spread the cost out.

I'm with you actually Anton...  THis is just one more thing to track down right now, and I'm still sort of in recoop mode so I'm ok with a delay.  Though, this is a set that I like but will only want a max of 2 of I think...  Just hard to justify more with the ARCs being such a letdown...  Gotta get that great ARC Sergeant and Heavy Gunner though in at least doubles.

I'm happy with the wait though on these.  Gives me time to continue focusing on playing catch-up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2006, 09:11 AM »
Well its a new week so how about another new delivery date?  There is no longer a release date on this anymore.  The June 1st date has been removed. 

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2006, 12:58 PM »
I have not minded the delay either.  I took a bit of a hit with the VTSC so a little time to recover is good.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2006, 05:58 PM »
In surfing I have seen pictures at other sites confirming that these have hit the TRU's.  Also know someone who works for TRU and the warehouses are getting them in. The hunt is up for anyone who wants to find em at retail.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2006, 06:09 PM »
What other sites? Pics please!!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Darth_Legois_619

• Youngling
  • LAAT VS GENERAL GRIEVOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2006, 07:01 PM »
What other sites? Pics please!!

Rebelscum forums

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2006, 08:10 PM »
I cant wait for this thing.  Best Battlepack to date IMO.  Lets hope that Amazon gets stock in fast.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2006, 08:44 PM »
This pack would have been better if they substituted one of the blue ARCs for a ARC Pilot. Passing on this, saving my $20 for the CW Mace JSF.