Author Topic: JD and Toy Fair  (Read 18537 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2006, 01:08 AM »
I think certain people should just STFU

It's okay, you can say my name.  I don't mind.  I really don't care much for you, either.

:-*
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2006, 01:27 AM »
Awww ... I love you too, Virex.

:-*
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2006, 02:03 AM »
Huggles?

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2006, 02:47 AM »
I think it's safe to say the situation's handled...  Chris is, obviously, frustrated and I think you can chalk a lot of what he said up to that, but at the same time we're all a little upset on the staff but it doesn't have a baring on your guys' individual thoughts.  Like Jared said a few lines up there, this is pretty valid criticism, so I dont' think anyone's riding anyone's ass...  collective ass or individual ass even.

There are underlying variables that I know a lot of you don't quite follow and it's not because you're ignorant or anything, you just don't know what they were and the best answer is we're fixing them because they hurt our efforts here.

JesseVader deserves no blame obviously, and that's a wholely separate issue we'll be dealing with guys and I'm as hopeful he's here to stay as anyone else.

There's no anymosity to the guys voicing their thoughts on this like the great and powerful Coz, Dean Paul, or Darth Slothus...  Jared said it best that there's genuine concerns brought up, and we're addressing those now, so I hope that's the end of it and we're ready to move on from it.  Just try to bare in mind that "**** happens" is a good phrase to apply here and we'll be trying to make sure **** doesn't happen again because we obviously are no more happy than you guys are.  Imagine if you actually worked here the level of disappointment you'd have?  :)  Yeah, that'd suck.

I'm asking you guys though to take a step back and bare with us as we change things up where we need to.  While we're considered one of the top collecting sites, we also are small and we make things work here out of our own hard work with little outside help, so just bare with us please guys.  All your concerns are all our concerns...  Pardon all anger from us as we rebound, as I'm sure a lot of things are said just because frustration builds in with some of us is all.

The good news?

Toy Fair was about as fascinating as watching paint dry this year.  :)  Barely anything new was shown, and what was shown wasn't making me do backflips, so that's a plus.  At least this wasn't SDCC where usually some big bombshells drop and there's Q&A's to have Matt get in trouble at.  :)  See, you gotta be positive guys.  You gotta stop sending those negative waves! [/end oddball quotes]
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2006, 02:58 AM »
There's no anymosity to the guys voicing their thoughts on this like the great and powerful Coz, Dean Paul, or Darth Slothus... 

No anymosity towards Slothus? Awesome. Well said again Jesse.
Will leave off my ?negative Q's? -waiting for more explanation as per Chris explained.

Nice title change Jessevader now make it permanent please, require our 2 Jesse balancers in effect for smooth operation of site ;) 8)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2006, 10:01 AM »
For what it's worth, I bear a significant amount of animosity toward Cosby, Deanpaul, and Darth Slothus.

If you ask me, there's no reason for the secrecy and there being a bucket of **** that needs getting to the bottom of.  Fact is, those three douches went to New Yourke, hid somewhere in the Sideshow Collectibles booth, jumped Dave, and beat the **** out of him just so they could sabotoge JD's coverage and then come over here and ruffle everyone's feathers.

Mystery solved, *************.

And for the record, I thought the Little Mermaid collectibles were badass.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2006, 10:07 AM »

And for the record, I thought the Little Mermaid collectibles were badass.

As did my daughter.   :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2006, 10:18 AM »
In the spirit of bitching about things that don't matter . . . a lesson in homophones.

. . .  Just try to bare in mind that "**** happens" . . .

Bare = to make naked. (in the case of the Top 5 Hotties, I suppose I "bare in mind" frequently)
Bear =  to hold/carry

I'm asking you guys though to take a step back and bare with us as we change things up where we need to.  

Bare = again, make naked. . .and I'd rather not do that with you guys, but again in the case of the Top 5 Hotties, I'm afraid it's likely that I already have at one time or another.
Bear = to endure

. . .but it doesn't have a baring on your guys' individual thoughts.  . . .

Baring = showing one's ass.  (see Slothus)
Bearing = relation or connection

Barely anything new was shown, and what was shown wasn't making me do backflips, so that's a plus. 

DING DING DING DING DING   :-*

Ah well .. . just an old English teacher having his giggles.  You say sandwich, and I say sandwhich.   Doesn't really matter in the end, I suppose.

And FWIW, I didn't notice any lack of coverage.   For the most part, I glance over the news page, click an occasional ad to make sure the advertisers know they're being noticed, and come in here to look at boobies and say **** a lot.

Ultimately, who the hell cares? It's on every site, and it's all **** that we'll see covered in painstaking individual detail over the coming months.  

In all honesty, I was excited to see pictures of R5D4.  Turns out, he looks exactly like I expected he would.  What a monumental ******* surprise.  Thank God for the internet that R5D4's sculpt details have been cleared up for me three months before he hits Hong Kong Ebay.  Not seeing that picture would definitely be grounds for going on a rampage and alienating friends and yelling at people who work hard for free.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2006, 10:21 AM »
Oh yeah.  And name.  Bill Cosby, Deanpaul, Darth Slothus, and name all jumped and beat the **** out of Dave.

Little Mermaid hating douches, the lot of you.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2006, 10:59 AM »
What I miss??   :o

;)

By the way, what's Toy Fair? j/k

But to update my original post, it appears RS banned those two gay-bashing scalpers.  Or at least banned their original screen names.  I guess someone listened.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 11:00 AM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2006, 11:08 AM »
I'd just like to give my two cents real quick.

I view JD as my new home for all things Star Wars.  Yes, I'll admit, I check out RS once in awhile for images (TF) and obscure info.

Last Saturday, I stopped by JD to check out the latest images from TF and, as everybody knows, was informed that nobody made it in. 

Not a big deal.  I hopped on over to RS, checked out the TF images and then came back to JD to discuss my new findings (and hotlink their images)!   8)

I know JD is run by just a few guys and that money is probably tight while RS is the huge corporate conglomerate that can afford to send out mass emails and send more than one staffer to NY.

I absolutely love the staff here - they don't have big heads, nor do they talk down members.   Everyone respects each other here no matter what your views are or how new you are.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2006, 11:13 AM »
I'd just like to give my two cents real quick.

Everyone respects each other here no matter what your views are or how new you are.

Really? You knew everybody? Awesome then! Glad to know I'm new AND respected
I knew Name loved my butt :-*, thanks for mentioning the kind words ruiner! ;D

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
  • It will be done, my lord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2006, 11:43 AM »
My $.02 are as follows:

If it's really such a problem that some people didn't get their Toy Fair news, then perhaps they should've gone to Toy Fair and done up some articles for the rest of us to read... Perhaps contribute to the site in that way... you'd be a hero for it.  Oh, and now comes the "it's not my job" or "I can't afford to do stuff like that"... odd isn't it? 

This isn't a "we're out for your $" site like other forums out there, so relax.  Chris already said that there was a problem.  He didn't say "We didn't care about giving you guys TF news... so shut up".  He said that something happened that wasn't supposed to and he's looking into it. 

There's just too much whining going on.  You don't like how something's done (or not done), then do it yourself. This is a fun site, and some people are turning it south.  Knock it off.  Like I said... maybe you complainers should've taken a trip to TF.  And honestly, how hard is it to just look at another site for coverage and talk about it here... it's not.

At any rate, that's all I have to say, and no matter how bitchy or rude people get here, I'll still stick around.  This place is far superior to other sites in every way (except for TF coverage this year... boo hoo)... let's try to keep it that way.  That's all I have to say, go ahead and stone me.  I've got wide shoulders, I can take the hatred.   :-* 

Oh, and nobody should resign their position just because of something this petty...
Finally finished RotS

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2006, 11:54 AM »
Children, please.
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2006, 12:03 PM »
You know what pisses me off about this whole sitation. No Alice. Seriously, WTF happened to him?