Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 150862 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #645 on: June 3, 2005, 04:41 PM »
Well, even though it doesn't have anything to do with the new stuff coming, and as if it didn't need anything else to make it cooler, Yakface has discovered something in the base sculpt of the UL Anakin that is very interesting.  The bottom of the base (the soot covered side) has been sculpted with Super Battle Droid hands sticking up through the grating!  I can't really explain it that well, but they have a photo of it up over there that illustrates what they are talking about.

I checked the Obi-Wan's base, and he too has the SBD hands coming through the grating in a slightly different way.  Very neat, I thought. :)

Some of my favorite details on the bases for this line are the minor touches you almost miss (like the Reek footprint on Mace's base or the AT-AT footprint on X-Wing Luke's base) when you're looking at the big picture.  Just thought I'd alert everyone to YF.com's posting. 

(Anyone seen any carded photos of the PY/Vader/Ventress wave yet?)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #646 on: June 3, 2005, 05:34 PM »
The bottom of the base (the soot covered side) has been sculpted with Super Battle Droid hands sticking up through the grating!  I can't really explain it that well, but they have a photo of it up over there that illustrates what they are talking about.

Doesn't it actually look like the SBD's body is in there under the grate as well?  If you look at the lower left corner, it almost looks like the head & shoulders of an SBD, as if you were looking straight down on it from above...  That would put the lower hand there in about the right place, but not the one at the top though.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2005, 05:35 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #647 on: June 3, 2005, 07:23 PM »
Hey y'all…

I'm Jayson from Yakface.com and I post here regularly (usually just in the Mission Log/Minnesota thread)

I'm glad you caught my little story I posted on the Unleashed Anakin, I too thought it was a pretty sweet little detail on the base. If you click here you can see a larger view of what I was trying to explain.

www.yakface.com/jayson/base.jpg

And your right JediMac, that "top" hand must correspond to the SBD that is on the Obi-Wan base, but I don't have that one opened yet to interlock the two base to see if it lines up right.

see you guys around the forum and thank for reading over there at Yakface
« Last Edit: June 3, 2005, 07:26 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 19, 2005, 04:12 PM »
Galactic Hunter has posted carded front and back photos of the next wave of Unleashed (Vader 3/Ventress/Sidious vs. Yoda).  This was the first time I'd seen them anywhere, so I'm hoping it won't be long before they show up on the shores of North America.

Here's to hoping that TRU/Amazon actually get all of them in numbers enough to fill all the preorders.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 20, 2005, 09:20 AM »
Yeah, I hope these will be showing up pretty soon.  I've had them preordered on Amazon for quite some time now, hopefully they'll be able to come through with everyone's orders.  The stores seem to have restocked locally with more of the first wave, with the Grievous one being the most scarce.  I don't know why people avoid the Anakin/Obi-Wan ones, I really think they make a great display together.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 20, 2005, 09:38 AM »
Tons of Anakin and Obi-Wan up here. Grievous can be found but not large in numbers, even with the TRU sale we had awhile ago I think this is the most Unleashed characters released up here and there peg warmers now.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 20, 2005, 08:57 PM »
Well, I got another email from Amazon/TRU a few hours ago, but I'm hoping it isn't one of their thinly veiled "we oversold and underordered, it sucks to be you" emails they've sent out in the past.  Basically, it said that the items I ordered (all three of the UL figures) were "not yet released" and that they would keep my order on file for when the items were released.  I can't recall the exact wording, but the gist of it was that they weren't going to assign a release date to them at all since they've already gone through three release dates with no actual release.

Anybody else get the email, or something similar/dissimilar?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #652 on: June 22, 2005, 05:00 AM »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline vegastrooper

• Jedi Initiate
  • whatever dude...
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 22, 2005, 08:53 AM »
AFA 90 graded Unmasked Vader.

:o

Insanity.

I could put good use to $555...that's down right insane. :o  Enjoy your purchase buddy...maybe when you retire, you can sell it and live like a king!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 22, 2005, 09:09 AM »
Thats just plain madness.   :o

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 22, 2005, 12:50 PM »
Got an email from Amazon today stating unleashed are not yet in.  I think it came because the Evolutions sets may be in and my orders are combined.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 22, 2005, 04:06 PM »
That Unleashed Vader...wow.  Somebody really needs to forward the auction results to Hasbro so they can see just how out of hand the harder-to-find Unleashed figure prices are getting.  It would be one thing if it was a statue along the lines of GG's stuff, but this is a 15 dollar toy.  The continuing aftermarket prices for figures like Vader, Yoda, Boba, Leia, and the Stormtrooper should be a signal to Hasbro that something should be done to get these figures back into circulation.

Will it happen?  Of course not.  They've got to devote their energies to more promising lines like Force Battlers and Jedi Force which have more dust on them than anything else in my local retailers and the former of which runs the risk of being cut out of Target's plans altogether from the looks of it.

Got an email from Amazon today stating unleashed are not yet in.  I think it came because the Evolutions sets may be in and my orders are combined.

You must have gotten the same/a similar email like I got.  I'm hoping this is because they just aren't in yet and Amazon doesn't want to give them yet another release date and not stick to it.  I'm dreading that they're preparing for not being able to have enough to fill all the preorders they have been taking since early April.  They've already split my order into three separate shipments (meaning I'll probably get Ventress and be shorted the other two), so I'm a little worried about things right now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 22, 2005, 04:19 PM »
I was unable to even order the Vader as it was.  Sadly our local flea market/ebay guys are well aware of Unleashed potential.  Couple that with the inability to have the first three ROTS Unleashed clear themselves out and it doesn't bode particularly well. 

As for anyone paying that much for an Unleashed Vader, it's just pure stupidity and I won't even apologize if it's someone here.  My Sideshow Vader, while not AFA graded ::) cost less than that and comes with a useless droid as well.  Geez, you could actually get a Sideshow and a Gentle Giant Vader for that price, minus the shipping.  I paid $149 for my GG and whatever $400 it was for the Sideshow.  That's dumb.  Just plain dumb. 

As for Hasbro re-releasing stuff, well, I think they will.  Maybe not the RH Vader as Vader's coming anyway in ROTS form and was released twice previously, albeit in smaller numbers.  Yoda's coming with Sidious already so I really don't get the whole thing with the previous version considering the second is nearly identical in many ways.  I do think Boba will be re-released, as will Han and the stormtrooper.  And probably a few things that don't need to be.  My suggestion is that anything that didn't get a re-release already (Vader, Leia) on new cardback is eligible to show up again. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 26, 2005, 09:16 PM »
I just got a shipping notice from amazon that my Vader has shipped but my other two are still on back order.  Weird that they didn't wait for all three to come in but at least I'm getting one of them!!
Beth

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 27, 2005, 03:21 PM »
If were Hasbro were smart, they'd ride this Unleashed horse to the bank.

Re-release the "in-demand" figures - change the cardback for all I care as to not upset the purists.

I know there are a lot of these figures I just plain missed out on that'd I'd really like to add to my collection.

But I'm not in the position to pay $100-$200 for a $15.00 piece of plastic.