Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Dagobah X-Wing  (Read 54631 times)

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Dagobah X-Wing
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2006, 03:11 PM »
I had that happen to me.  I called the day before, asked, and they said, "yep, we have a truck coming in today", so I come the next day, and they have sold two, and two are on hold.  Luckilly I learned from my mistakes, called another store, and held the one that was there.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2006, 04:24 PM »
How is the foam on the playset, is it intact? As you might know it breaks down pretty bad over time and when you touch it, it feels moist like the consistency of a Hostess Cupcake.

The foam is long gone, but that is easy to replace-  ;)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #122 on: September 2, 2006, 01:03 PM »
I went to TRU today and they had 2 of them. I picked up one  ;D I just canceled my order from the TRU website  ::) which i probably would have never got anyway.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 2, 2006, 05:55 PM »
I just noticed that my X-Wing box has a TRU security sticker on the back near the UPC code.  Kinda like the ones that are included with some DVD's.  I suppose it'd be kinda difficult to walk out the door with this thing in your pocket though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #124 on: September 2, 2006, 06:40 PM »
I just noticed that my X-Wing box has a TRU security sticker on the back near the UPC code.  Kinda like the ones that are included with some DVD's.  I suppose it'd be kinda difficult to walk out the door with this thing in your pocket though.

Thats pretty funny, the box is huge. If someone can walk out with it they deserve it.  :P

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 2, 2006, 07:02 PM »
People will try to walk out the door with anything that is not nailed down.  They will try harder with stuff that is.  I know, I used to catch them. ;D
I've been looking for the X-wing here and have yet to spot one.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 2, 2006, 07:29 PM »
I suppose it'd be kinda difficult to walk out the door with this thing in your pocket though.

It barely fits in TRU's large bag.  The box is really cool, but I think it's just a LITTLE oversized.  Especially when you consider the size of the original Dagobah X-Wing box and the Red Leader X-Wing box.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: September 2, 2006, 10:46 PM »
My local TRU had a ton of these and TIE Fighters on the shelves and up high on the top.  These should be around quite a while I'm imagining, especially at the price...

Anyone interested in the X-Wing with the muck on it, but not the LUke or Dragonsnake?  I'd like the latter pieces but the ship's of no interest to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #128 on: September 3, 2006, 08:49 AM »
Anyone interested in the X-Wing with the muck on it, but not the LUke or Dragonsnake?  I'd like the latter pieces but the ship's of no interest to me.

I feel the same way, but bit the bullet just to get the dragon snake. I am hoping I will somehow get Zev Zenesca without actually having to buy the Target Snow Speeder. No interest in that one. At least with this one, the swamp muck is kind of cool.  ;D

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 3, 2006, 08:54 AM »
The box is definately bulky and has that funky shape. I wish these were less expensive, it looks so nice in the box I almost want a second to keep that way.

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2006, 12:14 AM »
My local TRU had a ton of these and TIE Fighters on the shelves and up high on the top.  These should be around quite a while I'm imagining, especially at the price...

If I decide to open it, I'll sell the snake.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2006, 01:13 AM »
I'll keep that in mind Clone Hunter.  I think I've tracked one down actually from a local buddy, but I'll definitely keep your offer in mind.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2006, 11:03 PM »
Am I wrong in thinking there's a packaging variation on this thing?  The pictures I've seen online show the dragonsnake thing under the wing of the X-Wing, and I think I've seen one in person like that, but today I saw one in the store where the beastie is out in the open, sort of in front of Luke.  Change in packaging, or figment of my imagination?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2006, 03:19 PM »
Over all this was cool item  but I am currently selling the actual X-wing. I am keeping the muck, luke and snake. I like the paint job on the 2002 version much better. It looks really swampmy when you put the muck on that version. The new paint sceme is a bit skimpy. For $5 it delivers more value than the Gunship and Tie fighter.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2006, 09:08 AM »
I got this bad boy yesterday. Totally worth it. I missed out on the original exclusive dagobah X-wing (the only one I had was the POTF one) so this was a great find. It looks great with my Dagobah playset from back in the day. :)