Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 192889 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2017, 06:37 PM »
Did the same thing with the U-Wing today.  Came to about 40% off MSRP.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 23, 2017, 04:34 PM »
Hoth Attack (which seems to have vanished from both retail and online stores)

Did some digging today and discovered that this set was recently retired, along with a TON of other sets, many of which have been on the shelves for a whopping 6 months. Stuff like the First Order Troop Transport, Resistance Troop Transport, Battlefront Rebel/Imperial Battle Packs, Droid Escape Pod, Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter... and that's just from the Star Wars line! So it appears everything prior to the Rogue One sets (outside of the TFA Falcon, both versions of Poe's X-Wing, and the UCS sets) is on notice.

Anyway, since I can't find Hoth Attack anywhere, I grabbed it on Amazon for $5 over retail.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 24, 2017, 12:57 PM »
That is crazy.  I am missing five sets that are now retired.  I guess I'll check amazon.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 24, 2017, 03:51 PM »
Check your local TRU too, as they have a ton of stuff. Plus they price match!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 14, 2017, 08:52 PM »
BOGO 40% off LEGO sets at Target this week, so I snagged the Series 4 Microfighters. Came out to like $34 after taxes, pretty much the best deal you can ever get on those.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 5, 2017, 12:48 AM »
Grabbed the UCS Slave I at my local LEGO Store today, along with the Duel on Naboo set. UCS Snowspeeder was sold out!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 8, 2017, 12:30 PM »
Bah, I really wanted that Lego R2, but waited until last night to go after it.  It was sold out online, so we drove up to the MOA store.  Their stock was embarrassing.  Either they got hit hard this year or didn't prepare nearly enough inventory for the May 4th sale.  No Rey's Speeder, X-Wing, Y-Wing, AT-ST, Carbon Freeze Chamber, etc.  They had plenty of the Snowspeeder and it looks amazing, but not really looking to spend $200 right now.  Same story with the Echo Base and Falcon.  So, I ended up buying 4 of the mini-figure sets - 2 different imperial and 2 different rebel sets, some of which were marked down to $10-11.  The total came in at just over $50, so we got it, but $50 worth of minifigs and accessories sure doesn't look like much.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 14, 2017, 09:09 PM »
Walmart near my parents' place had Krennic's Shuttle for $54, so I snagged it following Mother's Day festivities. Not really an amount I wanted to spend on a set I really didn't want, but I couldn't pass up that deal (MSRP is $89.99) plus it has some great minifigs.

Said Walmart also had the TIE Striker for $35 (half off!) but they were sold out.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #278 on: May 19, 2017, 03:25 PM »
Saw a lot of the Summer 2017 LEGO Star Wars sets at TRU today. Vader's Transformation, Rathtar Escape, Tracker I, Buildable Scout Trooper w/Speeder Bike
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 19, 2017, 04:40 PM »
Saw a lot of the Summer 2017 LEGO Star Wars sets at TRU today. Vader's Transformation, Rathtar Escape, Tracker I, Buildable Scout Trooper w/Speeder Bike

Holy crap.  Didn't we just get a whole slew of new Lego sets just a couple of months ago?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2017, 10:34 AM »
I nabbed a Tie Striker set this weekend at Walmart on clearance for $31.  They only had one and the box was pretty beaten, but I couldn't resist at that price.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2017, 01:48 PM »

Holy crap.  Didn't we just get a whole slew of new Lego sets just a couple of months ago?

Only 2 months ago! Being a LEGO collector is really taxing lately, with 3 waves of sets, overpriced sets, and 6 month retirements instead of the usual 2 years.

Thank heavens for Walmart having to match the Amazon sale prices.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 27, 2017, 05:41 PM »
Grabbed some polybags at TRU the other day, the Red/Black Poe X-Wing (originally sold at Target but never showed up here) and the First Order Star Destroyer (originally a preorder bonus for LEGO TFA video game at Best Buy and sold on its own for $29.99). They were $3.99 each.

Brickseek said the Walmarts in my area dropped Kylo's Shuttle down to $59, but the stores that it said had stock were all out. Ended up grabbing the Resistance X-Wing (blue/grey) for $59 as an early birthday present to myself. Just need the Kylo Shuttle, U-Wing, and TIE Striker to be "caught up" to 2017

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 29, 2017, 06:58 AM »
Picked up a few new Summer 2017 Sets at Toys R Us before the long weekend so I'd have some stuff to build also cause I had $15 in Rewards bucks I could use, plus a 20% off coupon that expired on the 29th, anyway, I grabbed:

75166: First Order Transport Speeder Battle Pack
75167: Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack
75178: Jakku Quadjumper
75183: Darth Vader Transformation

I'm going to pace myself with these, but I do want to be "done" with them before the Last Jedi stuff hits in September, probably will pick up the Rathtar one next. I was thinking about picking it up before the weekend, but I also grabbed the Ultimate Batmobile from the Lego Batman Move line and didn't want to go too overboard with the Lego purchases.  :-X

They don't call it "plastic crack" for nothing...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 29, 2017, 12:39 PM »
I scored a TIE Striker for $35, or half off, at a local WM. Thanks again to BrickSeek!