Author Topic: Gentle Giant Statues  (Read 53550 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Statues
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2005, 08:40 PM »
Michael Jackson is all over that...  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2005, 04:28 AM »
Most wanted collectibles has it listed for $349.99, regular $399.99.

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2005, 08:47 AM »
Pretty cool but with limited space I will pass on this one....now if they had for sale the one that they gave away as a PEPSI Promo piece I might bite on that one.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2006, 08:38 AM »
Anyone heard any new news regarding the Tauntaun statue? I thought it was a February release, but I haven't seen anything in a while-

That darn Rancor looks superb! I wonder if a bantha is far behind. They (Gentle GIant seem to do the beasts as well as you could ever ask-

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2006, 04:51 PM »
Gentle Giant said on their blog that the Lando bust and Maul statues should ve out this month...but that the Taun Taun had to be pushed back to March.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2006, 03:31 PM »
Although we certainly can't afford for me to collect something like these, I am kind of interested in them.  I've always wanted to have some nice, high end statues to display at home here, and it seems like the Gentle Giant ones are quite spiffy.  I might have to see if I can't drop some lines/save up so I can get a couple to have on display.  The Unleashed line is great, but these look pretty high quality.  What is everyone's overall opinion of these things?  Maybe I would be better off going with the somewhat cheaper mini-bust route, but there's something about having a full statue like these that seems kind of neat too.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 4, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Darth Maul is now in stock at EE!  Personally, I like this version better than the International Edition that doesn't have the cloak/cape.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 5, 2006, 06:54 AM »

I might have to see if I can't drop some lines/save up so I can get a couple to have on display. The Unleashed line is great, but these look pretty high quality. What is everyone's overall opinion of these things?

My opinion is to find space and money for a couple of them that you really like.

I have the dewback, and have a tauntaun on order. I think they are magnificent, and the unleashed line is the line I dropped in order to have the money/space for these. I also trimmed my mini-nust collection. While the mini-busts are great, a case full of head-and-shoulders loses something compared to the full statues. It's just an opinion, but I have had no regrets having done what you are thinking about.[/

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #54 on: March 5, 2006, 02:45 PM »
I saw the Luke, Han, and Vader statues at my local comic shop yesterday.

I seriously considered skipping a few meals and bills to buy Vader. Damn, that thing was awesome.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 6, 2006, 04:52 PM »
Gentle Giant has some kickass pics of their upcoming Rancor statue!

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/blog/2006/03/ron-and-rancor_114143988348113835.html

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2006, 10:13 PM »
Managed to order the Darth Maul Statue (International version) on GG's website today. I think they were up for order for an hour or so. Did anyone else get an order in? I think I prefer the Int version to the US version. Thoughts?

Snags

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2006, 10:57 PM »
Actually, I am very pleased with the US version. I have mine diplayed not far from the GG Vader statue, and the capes flowing on the two Sith Lords display well together. Had considered getting the international version, but am pleased with my cheaper choice.

I have too much SideShow product on the way to have both versions of the Maul statue. :P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 1, 2006, 11:22 AM »
After Brent mentioned the Japanese exclusive Blackhole Stormtrooper mini-bust, I hunted a bit to find that there is also the silver Vader statue appears to be a Japanese exclusive as well.

http://www.blister.jp/55gg/

I'm not as crazy about this statue in it's chrome form, but the light-up lightsaber is pretty cool.

...edit... After fighting with the translation a bit, it seems that there will be 1000 pieces available from Blister.jp, but a total of 2500 pieces available worldwide.  So I imagine the other 1500 should be made available to North America at a later time.

"The number of day sales": 1000
"The worldwide number of limitations": 2500
« Last Edit: April 1, 2006, 11:30 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 3, 2006, 10:08 PM »
Has anyone heard of the tauntaun statue shipping yet? I thought I remembered hearing a late March date at one point