Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305736 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1125 on: January 24, 2010, 10:21 PM »
No.  Now were gonna start demanding a carded Dr. Ezavan!  I think he may be the character from the OT that has the most lines, but no carded, recent figure, acceptable figure.  Except maybe "Mr. Holding Her is Dangerous."
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1126 on: January 24, 2010, 11:30 PM »
He's a good choice, but I'd point to Wedge above either of them as far as not getting a carded figure and having a butt-ton of lines.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1127 on: January 25, 2010, 09:57 AM »
Let's hope Wedge is one of the vintage figures later this year - it would be perfect.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #1128 on: January 25, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Man...I don't know if I can stomach another orange suited human.  I want an ugly quasi-human with and open shirt and a vest.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 25, 2010, 11:27 AM »
agreed.  While I do feel for the MOC collectors wanting Wedge to add to their collection, since I am an opener I don't care.  I got my Wedge in the X-Wing pack, but since I am newer modern collector I don't have a Dr. Ezavan.  I could back track and get him - but I have a gut feeling a much better one is on the horizon.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 25, 2010, 01:14 PM »
Yeah, I have to agree with the two just above my post.

I'm not really feeling another Wedge. We already have that figure in various modes. Okay so we didn't really need the dinner party jacket Wedge and the buff ones are outdated.
Still, there are so many characters that haven't been done yet or others that need a serious upgrade.

I'd agree with Evazan needing to be upgraded first before Wedge. I'd rather see other pilots before Wedge again.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 26, 2010, 01:24 AM »
I would like a carded Wedge myself.  Although it can be either the Snowspeeder or X-Wing version.  I never ended up buying the new X-Wing with him last year.  Yeah, I would definately like to get a new Dr Evazan and Ponda Baba and Rebel Fleet Trooper.  There is room for Wedge in my opinion though. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1132 on: January 26, 2010, 10:34 AM »
I'd prefer any version of him, so long as we get one.  I think it would be silly for him to miss the Vintage cut, when he's easily one of the top 5 figures us old schoolers always wanted to see on one of those cards.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 26, 2010, 11:30 AM »
For me it would definitely have to be these three I'd want to see on the Vintage-style cardback: Tarkin, Wedge and Evazan.

As a kid I was always puzzled that we never got those characters as action figures.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 26, 2010, 12:22 PM »
Yeah, I'd like to see those as well.  There's a number of OT figures that would be cool to see on the vintage-style cardbacks.  Stormtrooper Han (even though he's been re-released a lot lately), Wedge, Tarkin, Evazan, and maybe even things like the Sandtrooper, an all-new Rebel Fleet Trooper, etc.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 28, 2010, 12:18 AM »
Yeah, I forgot about Tarkin.  Hell I would even take a Cantina Band member on a vintage cardback.  They will probably opt for ROTJ Vader with Sebastian Shaw head though since it's another Vader figure.  I could go on and on. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1136 on: February 3, 2010, 08:03 PM »
A new round of Q&A is posted...

-Why not re-use good headsculpts instead of going with a new likeness on new figures?

-Is the Jedi Mickey and astromech the upcoming Star Tours exclusive hinted at earlier?

Click here and check out the answers!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1137 on: February 3, 2010, 08:14 PM »
That head answer is sort of lame and sort of indicative of "costing" problems.  Why wouldn't you standardize on neck peg size across the board so you can save money on sculpting.  I get the whole sourcing thing, I get the whole different factory thing.  But, being an engineer, why keep reinventing the wheel every single time.  That gets damn expensive.

You just nailed the almost perfect likeness of Mark Hamill and you want to have someone resculpt and recast another head?  Why not do like Marvel and have some standard bucks in the arsenal? 

The flip side is that I appreciate and like the uniqueness they dedicate to each figure, I'd just think about doing it differently

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1138 on: February 3, 2010, 08:16 PM »
Yeah, I thought GIJ's were pretty standardized, so I'm not sure why there's an issue with Star Wars...  Seems odd to me too.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 3, 2010, 08:48 PM »
Why wouldn't you standardize on neck peg size across the board so you can save money on sculpting.  I get the whole sourcing thing, I get the whole different factory thing.  But, being an engineer, why keep reinventing the wheel every single time.  That gets damn expensive.

I think we've all been wondering this for a long time, so you've summarized it perfectly Scott.  WHY don't they have a standard peg size?