Author Topic: What is with you guys?  (Read 6537 times)

Offline Hashmanati

• Youngling
    • View Profile
What is with you guys?
« on: August 5, 2006, 07:07 PM »
First off, this isn't aimed at everyone here since I haven't dealt with all of you, but what is the deal with a chunk of the collectors on this site?

I have had 11 different members of this forum contact me and say that they wanted to buy some of my figures, but only one of them has actually paid (thank you Ryan). I know that the problem occurs on all of the forums, but it seems to be ridiculously bad over here because I have heard from other people that have had trouble gettng payment from members of this site as well.

There is something really wrong going on here.

« Last Edit: August 5, 2006, 07:12 PM by Hashmanati »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: What is with you guys?
« Reply #1 on: August 5, 2006, 07:17 PM »
First off, this isn't aimed at everyone here since I haven't dealt with all of you, but what is the deal with a chunk of the collectors on this site?

I have had 11 different members of this forum contact me and say that they wanted to buy some of my figures, but only one of them has actually paid (thank you Ryan). I know that the problem occurs on all of the forums, but it seems to be ridiculously bad over here because I have heard from other people that have had trouble gettng payment from members of this site as well.

There is something really wrong going on here.

From what I've seen and heard with this "straw breaking" incident - you got all pissed off because a forum member didn't want to do business with you unless you had a PayPal account... In order to save a sale, you told the guy you'd give him a friend's account, and he said no thanks.

You've only got a handful of posts here, the forum member was respectful to you, and you responded like this.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 5, 2006, 07:17 PM »
For me it's the opposite, when I have a trade/sale list here most of the people who say they want to buy/trade stuff actually go through with the deal but over at otheR Sites I have had people screw me over saying they want something but then they don't send me money.  

Offline Hashmanati

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 5, 2006, 07:32 PM »

From what I've seen and heard with this "straw breaking" incident - you got all pissed off because a forum member didn't want to do business with you unless you had a PayPal account... In order to save a sale, you told the guy you'd give him a friend's account, and he said no thanks.

You've only got a handful of posts here, the forum member was respectful to you, and you responded like this.

How was he, in anyway, respectful to me?

By wasting my time?

Yes, I only have a few posts on this forum. However, I do have feedback on this forum and also have feedback over at rebelscum, which there is a link to at the bottom of each of my posts here. None of that mattered to him though because he had no intention of buying the figures.

I could have offered to drive the figures to his house and hand them to him and he still would have come up with an excuse to back out.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 5, 2006, 07:35 PM »
One look at the 'bad trader thread' in the feedback forums easily illustrates the lack of bad deals going on here(it was last updated almost a year ago).

If 'several folks' don't want to deal with you..then they don't-- no harm there. As was already mentioned..it's easier to seal a deal with folks with high feedback/post ratings than lesser knowns. We should all just be gullible and trust a little known? C'mon imagine what the world would be like today if we were that naive..

I personally never even saw your user name before until this post and I'm one of the more active trader/resellers in here. Sorry, I just can't give the benefit of the doubt to someone unknown to me....The world works this way.

Look at ebay...more folks are inclined to bid from someone they know or has an acceptable rating than someone that doesn't.

RELAX.... ;). You have to build your rep here..you don't just stumble in and get one!

--  The DS

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #5 on: August 5, 2006, 07:38 PM »
If he had no intention on buying your figures, I have a feeling he probably wouldn't have wasted HIS time asking for all of your information.

RELAX.... ;). You have to build your rep here..you don't just stumble in and get one!

"The DS" (laugh) is right, you should relax. It's too bad you've already made a big ******* scene.

Offline Hashmanati

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 5, 2006, 07:42 PM »
As was already mentioned..it's easier to seal a deal with folks with high feedback/post ratings than lesser knowns.

Which is why I have the link to my feedback thread at RS.

My feedback has never been an issue before with other people on this forum because they all have asked about it before agreeing to buy the figures.

The whole problem is that they just do not pay.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 5, 2006, 07:49 PM »

Yes, I only have a few posts on this forum. However, I do have feedback on this forum and also have feedback over at rebelscum,

Dammit..I saw this and HAD to address it...you have A feedback here and the count of 0. If you were to deal with me I would demand you participate in your end of the deal first because of your feedback rating or no deal. I've done this many times in here with folks with low feedback and since they wanted to make the deal they complied. Your Information of any kind or sort about rebelscum is insignificant here to the power of the Jedidefender community.

--Darth Slothus(there, Brad ;))

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: August 5, 2006, 07:52 PM »
Like Brad has been saying I think the reason he did not not pay is becuase you don't have a paypal account and he'd rather not pay via check or money order. I know some people like to pay for their collections from a single account so that they can track their purchases better, I'm pretty sure this was the case here. From the sound of things he let you know within a day or two that he was no longer interested. At this point it is really nothing to get angry over, you didn't lose anything other than a few minutes of your time, which the other trader in question lost as well. I think the best thing to do would be drop the issue and just go back to trading. It might be helpful to state in your trading post you don't accept paypal, it may help to avoid some confusion.

"This is the way."

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #9 on: August 5, 2006, 07:53 PM »
I've never had a bad deal at JD.  Not even a bad partial deal.

I would get a paypal account if I were you, it's the "way of the future".

Way of the future
Way of the future
Way of the future
Got Clones?

Offline Hashmanati

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 5, 2006, 07:54 PM »
Dammit..I saw this and HAD to address it...you have A feedback here and the count of 0.

Yes, but how is anyone supposed to get higher feedback on this forum when there are so many of you that don't follow through with your part of the deal?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: August 5, 2006, 07:57 PM »
You hadn't even made a deal yet, you were in the process of doing so, he didn't like what he saw and backed out before he made a commitment. There is nothing unreasonable about that.
"This is the way."

Offline Hashmanati

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 5, 2006, 08:01 PM »
At this point it is really nothing to get angry over, you didn't lose anything other than a few minutes of your time....

I also lost the money because I turned other people away because that loser told me that he was going to buy the figures then came up with excuses not to.

You hadn't even made a deal yet, you were in the process of doing so, he didn't like what he saw and backed out before he made a commitment. There is nothing unreasonable about that.

No, he did make a commitment to buy the figures.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 5, 2006, 08:05 PM »
did you 'lose the money?' Another day another dollar? C'mon you can't quit on one failed attempt. Although all this whining is gaining you notoriety of the kind you DON'T want to have. You have lost nothing, yet. If it's so bad here perhaps you could do your deal at RS..you seem happy taking the risk there..

:)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 5, 2006, 08:07 PM »
I've had nothing but wonderful experiences with trading/buying/selling here.

It seems like you should avoid lumping us all into the same category, and just PM the people who failed to hold up their end of the bargains.

But if you keep it up I might send you some money to just go away.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda