Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT  (Read 107342 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2006, 04:19 AM »
AT-AT's were like flyshit in 1998, Artoo...  Hills, Ames, KB, and TRU all had them on clearance at the time.  Some of those stores were regional but KB and TRU had them in PILES.  I got like 4 AT-AT's ranging in price from $20 to $30...  Same with the FX X-Wing. 

That was a good time for custom fodder and army building. I picked up 5 AT-ATs clearanced at $20 each, plus a bunch of expanded Universe ships, Rontos and Dewbacks for $3-5.

For all those who want to wait for these to go clearance though...remember THAT is a big reason we're not going to see any new ships from Hasbro. Everybody bides their time and waits for the clearance price...Hasbro thinks there's no market for ships...and those who waited but miss grabbing them at clearance end up paying even more than the original retail price a year later to a "dealer..."

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2006, 08:27 AM »
Well, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get this first chance I see it. I have two TRUs that are semi-local, and both are pretty high-traffic.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2006, 12:27 PM »
Too much $ for something similiar that I picked up on clearance in 1999 from TRU for $20.
$20?! :o

I picked 'em up for $10. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2006, 03:45 PM »
I think a window box would have worked wonders for this toy - as well as a speeder bike pack in.  I can see these clogging up shelf space along side with the CW Gunships though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2006, 02:48 AM »
AT-AT's were like flyshit in 1998, Artoo...  Hills, Ames, KB, and TRU all had them on clearance at the time.  Some of those stores were regional but KB and TRU had them in PILES.  I got like 4 AT-AT's ranging in price from $20 to $30...  Same with the FX X-Wing. 
That makes me actually want to be a collector during POTF2.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2006, 09:11 AM »
It was actually during TPM.  KB and TRU were dumping everything POTF2.  I got dozens and dozens of figures for 1 buck or 2 and AT-ATs, Falcons, FX X-wings for 10 to 20.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2006, 12:20 PM »
I agree with DD, if people always wait for clearance, then Hasbro has NO REASON to make large items.  At least not new ones like an AT-TE or what have you.

:)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2006, 02:19 PM »
PASS.

Twice as expensive as it should be, boring, the ****** biker scout version for the pack in, and way out of scale to boot.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2006, 02:21 PM »
  KB and TRU were dumping everything POTF2.  I got dozens and dozens of figures for 1 buck or 2 and AT-ATs, Falcons, FX X-wings for 10 to 20.

I miss that time. Almost makes you wish Hasbro would over produce again. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2006, 07:22 PM »
Yeah it was after POTF2 ended that this stuff got dumped.  IT was in part because Episode one was a failure at retail and had expectations on it that no toy line ever should've.  So it was during E1 this stuff got dumped...  It's about the time they also dumped the last of the E1 figures (Softgoods Wave, Damaged Destroyer Droid, Holo Sidious) and the like...  It had its positives but it also had its negatives... 

Who can turn their nose to $5 A-Wings though?  I have 6 red A-Wings if not more, I forget.  I just wish I'd bought more Ronto's, Dewbacks, T-16's, Vader TIE's and the like. :)

As far as waiting for clearance goes on this new AT-AT, one must remember that the POTF2 clearance dumps were all general release itemst hat were available anywhere from K-Mart to Kay-Bee to Wal-Mart and others...  They were everywhere and Star Wars actually had real popularity driving those kinds of production/sale ratios.  Now vehicles are generally made exclusive unless they fit an assortment sized box and can be produced relatively cheaply...

The AT-AT will show at one store, not 10 different ones, so there's differences in how it'll sell right there.  IT's going to be far less abundant at retail than the POTF2 version (not that it'll be "rare" though, that remains to be seen, but given what usual minimum numbers are to crank out a batch, I wouldn't apply "rare" to much of anything). 

This is more a fair test then to see if people are just willing to buy the item at what they judge as the right price.  For me, I'm happy as a clam it has two figures I want because it's overpriced IMO and like Dressel said it has other flaws I don't care for with it...  I'm just not interested in it.

I have a feeling the ratio of people paying above retail on something they missed because they waited for it to clearance is WAY smaller than people who just wouldn't care if they couldn't find said item for the price they wanted to pay...  It's a sign of economist's "real demand" is all...  If people bail on the AT-AT it just says to me that Hasbro has to do better to command the price they want, and to them they either can't, or won't, and they'll have to make their assessments on that then.

The CW Gunship, which I thought would be blowing out the door, are sitting.  THat's a pretty great item, though IMO overpriced.  That alone is a bad sign for anything over $30 really.  But if it's not worth it to people then that's the way the cookie crumbles is all... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2006, 12:02 AM »
I get it just because I don't have one. $89.99 is alot of $$$ for me. I can't wait for it to go on clearance. It won't  go on clearance probably because they won't order alot of they like in 1997.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2006, 12:05 AM »
I may wait for a little bit to see if the price goes down.Hearing what happened back then makes me want to wait,well unless I get it as a B-day or X-mas gift.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2006, 12:36 AM »
Well Artoo, like I said, this is an exclusive...  There's not going to be 10 of these sitting at every retail outlet you visit, so I wouldn't make the assumption that 1998-99's clearances will happen again...  It's an apples and oranges kind of comparison.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2006, 01:16 AM »
Well,if they sit long enough it will like the Target exclusives!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2006, 09:13 AM »
I agree with DD, if people always wait for clearance, then Hasbro has NO REASON to make large items.  At least not new ones like an AT-TE or what have you.

:)

I know what you mean Chewie.  I agree.   However, I got 2 of these already like many other collectors.  The Vintage and the POTF2 versions.  I like the new mud on it.  However, I don't want another one and the only way I would even consider getting this again would be on clearence.  I probably won't even get it on clearence either unless it is insanely low and my wife says "Sure honey, you can have a 3rd version of that AT-AT your parents bought when you were 7!!!"  I am sure that would go over well :) 

I just hope Hasbro does NOT pull the "Oh the vehicles just don't sell well." routine.  This thing has a great shot at shelf warming IMO.  I just hope they don't act all shocked if it sits there and goes on clearence like they have in the past.

I hope we do get something that is actually all new next year and not just a repaint.