Author Topic: Legacy Novels  (Read 13673 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Legacy Novels
« on: September 4, 2006, 06:29 PM »
Let's discuss the new book series.
I haven't read any yet, but I plan to. This Jacen dark side thing sort of makes the OT useless though. :-\
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
Re: Legacy Novels
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 02:30 PM »
not really, i think we only haft to take half of what Lumiya says as truth, its quite frankly the return of the sith. Lumiya was always a hothead and i guess she finnally learned to chill out and think up a plot. or so were to believe. but Jacen turning to the dark side seems natural to me,but i really hope he turns out to be Darth Krayt.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 08:46 AM »
so who do you guys think will be the"Reports of the death of one foe of the Jedi turn out to have been greatly exaggerated, and Han and Leia find themselves briefly in league with a sinister figure from long ago in the saga." person?

my moneys on Nom Anor OR Asajj Ventress. otherthan that it had better not be the Emperor(again) or Darth Maul or i'll burn all my eu.....

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 12:56 AM »
Darn! I'm so far behind in the novels and Comics too!

I'm drooling to read them all, time to get a library card!  oh and finished the 4 books I'm reading at the same time...gosh that's an annoying thing to do!
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 08:25 PM »
Im about 2 books away from finishing NJO, then Im going straight into Dark Nest, and Legacy.

Jacen Solo has become a favorite of mine, I like his darker edge. I'm still not quite sure about some of the rumors that I have heard about Legacy thus far. I have puropsefully stayed away from spoilers, but every now and then one slips past my radar. I beleive he may be Darth Krayt myself, but that remains to be seen. I will comment more on this as I read the series.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 12:11 AM »
yeah, I found out about Chewie and Anakin's death well before I got a chance to read it. 
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 08:21 PM »
I hope Asajj. She seemed to disapear w/o a death. Yes if it is Maul or Palps I will be upset.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 7, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Maybe Grievous! Grievous is one of my favorite characters. Maybe a Nemodian or Geonosian cloned him.  ;D

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 12:31 AM »
nope, its gonna be Aurra Sing. and grevious is dead. unless you count N-K Necrosis

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 12:30 PM »
nope, its gonna be Aurra Sing. and grevious is dead. unless you count N-K Necrosis

Gotta be Aurra... I'd love it to be her.... small possibility that it could be Asajj... as far as I've read in the comics, she hasn't been confirmed dead.   I don't see N-K in it at all....

Oboewan

"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 02:13 AM »
Maybe a clone Nute Gunray! Would that be a shocker. Of course he'd probally never want to get mixed up in war again.:P
Long ago....hmmm... HK-47 would be cool too, since he's supposedly still running on Mustafar a little bit after ROTS.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 01:42 AM »
anyone get tempest early in here?

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 06:04 PM »
Was able to snag a copy today from Wal-Mart.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 04:27 PM »
Was able to snag a copy today from Wal-Mart.

Hopefully mine will have a copy this evening!  I can't wait to devour it!

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 12:54 AM »
i gotta say i was really psyched about this book,but in the long run (including the exile preview) it leaves a bad taste in your mouth, in the sense that i've kinda lost all hope for the rest of the series topping this first trilogy. and this really felt more like a middle chapter than the conclusion of the first trilogy of this series. there are many upsides here many great battles, way too many near misses, and nobody really important dies(SPOILER: Lumiya has rejoined the ranks of dead unseen bodies), regarding exile i'm extremely underwhelmed by this preview. after the tempest preview in Bloodlines was expecting to be counting the hours before its release as i was with tempest, also read it in one day. aside from the Crowning jacen as a sith lord(Darth Emo, to think i once hoped you where darth krayt!) in the 5th Sacrifice(i guess he's gonna kill someone? could it be his parents whom bought him every werid pet they could find while evading the imps all those years) there isen't really that much shocking and or interesting stuff supposed to happen in exile. Tempest i'm sure with a second sitting will be alot better, especially when i read all three in order after i finish the swarm war (3rd read)

ps, lumiyas mention of other sith kinda seems like a retcon patchjob to link up with the Legacy comics.

another sour note is the mirroring our real depressing world with the starwars universe. hopefully exile is that final of note music before the wicked witch busts outta the floor in the wizard of Oz, a last shining of hope before the Sacrice......