Author Topic: NFL 2004-05  (Read 45950 times)

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
Re: Super Bowl XXXIX New England vs Philadelphia
« Reply #225 on: January 26, 2005, 01:55 PM »
Cute scott. Next time I wouldn't let stephen Hawkins do the talking for you though.  ;D

The Eagles will show up ready to play. THe patriots are going to have to work if they want this one.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 01:55 PM by Infamy Of Crete »

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #226 on: January 27, 2005, 05:13 PM »
I can't believe it, but being such a Cowboys fan, and hating the Eagles, I still have to root for the Eagles because if the Patriots win, they will match the Cowboys unprecedented 3 of 4 years as Super Bowl Champs. Otherwise, I'd root for the Patriots. Go...uh...Eagles...

ˇˇˇTHE COWBOYS LEGACY MUST REMAIN INTACT!!!

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #227 on: January 27, 2005, 06:29 PM »
Welcome to the darkside Spiderlegs I knew you would go my way.

Or,  (in his best darth vader)join me and we will fulfill our destiny
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 06:31 PM by Infamy Of Crete »

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #228 on: January 28, 2005, 06:10 PM »
I have a few Philly fans who are WAY TOO overjoyed at the prospect of me rooting for the Eagles...geez... ::)

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
Game over New England T.O. in on sunday
« Reply #229 on: February 1, 2005, 11:12 AM »

Game over New England

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - All-Pro receiver Terrell Owens said Tuesday he will play in the Super Bowl, a day after practicing with the Philadelphia Eagles.

"I will play on Sunday," Owens said. "I know the type person I am. I have a lot of faith in my ability. I feel great. I'm proving a lot of people wrong. The sky is the limit for me. There are no limitations."

Brushing aside his doctor's advice and _ some might say _ common sense, Owens returned to the practice field Monday, determined to pull off the most improbable play of his career by making it to the Super Bowl.

He ran the required routes. He made the necessary cuts. And _ is this a sign of what's to come Sunday against the defending champion New England Patriots? _ he caught the passes that were thrown his way.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #230 on: February 1, 2005, 11:22 AM »
Ok...New England 55 Philly 10

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #231 on: February 1, 2005, 12:59 PM »
Rumor in the paper today that said Emmitt is retiring and is going to join the group led by Reggie Fowler to buy the Vikes

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #232 on: February 2, 2005, 10:48 PM »
My presiction for next years movement in th NFL

Dallas Eddie George goes to Philadelphia. THat would be the icing on the cake for me Edide's in free agency this year I would imgaine philly gets him for a bargain(because he didn;t have good numbers last year) he flys under the radar and his game matches philly. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 3, 2005, 07:21 AM »
Rumor in the paper today that said Emmitt is retiring and is going to join the group led by Reggie Fowler to buy the Vikes

I hate the Cowboys and will always root against them, but it was tough for me to hate Emmitt.  Class act all the way.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #234 on: February 3, 2005, 03:49 PM »
More Viking "class"

Looks like Randy's idiocy is starting to rub off on his teammates...   :P

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 6, 2005, 11:30 AM »
Go Eagles! Show those bastardly Pats a good fight!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #236 on: February 6, 2005, 08:32 PM »
**** the football and **** the commercials, Paul just put on the best show in Superbowl history.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 6, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Really enjoyable football game, loved the second half.  Eagles covered the spread and it's hard to see a team, even one you hate, lose a game that close. 

But since only one team is the winner and it's not the Eagles, then allow me to be the first.

Infamy of Crete..... :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #238 on: February 6, 2005, 10:36 PM »
Great Game
Great Half Time
Great everything!

I knew the Pats would win! :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #239 on: February 6, 2005, 10:38 PM »
More Viking "class"

Looks like Randy's idiocy is starting to rub off on his teammates...   :P
PS That story is bull****

Last update: February 4, 2005 at 8:02 AM
Inside XXXIX: Culpepper blindsided by erroneous reporting
Kevin Seifert
February 4, 2005 SUPE0204.DIARY

JACKSONVILLE, FLA. -- This is what happens when there is too much media and not enough stories.

One of the NFL's most genuine and kind players carried out a genuinely kind act Wednesday. And what did Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper get for his thoughtfulness?

National scorn, thanks to an Associated Press reporter who misinterpreted the scene and never bothered to follow up with the key players.

Here's what happened: While participating in a news conference Wednesday, Culpepper fielded an awkward question from a paralyzed 17-year-old boy. "Hey Daunte," said J.T. Townsend. "Can I get some ice?" -- a reference to the $100,000, diamond-encrusted necklace around Culpepper's neck.

With cameras rolling, Culpepper walked over to Townsend and thrilled him by hanging the necklace around his neck. Later, Culpepper sought out Townsend and put the chain back on. At Culpepper's request, Townsend's parents wrote down his address and contact information. Culpepper promised to send him gifts and memorabilia.

We were standing at Culpepper's side when the transaction took place. There was no animosity, no hurt feelings and no accusations of impropriety -- only thank-yous from Townsend, his parents and a doctor nearby.

The AP version of the story, however, in essence painted Culpepper as a spoiled athlete who "sheepishly" took away a gift from a paralyzed teenager once the cameras stopped shooting. Newspapers and Internet sites picked up the story nationally. One problem: Nothing could have been further from the truth.

Anyone who has met Culpepper knows he wears the necklace every day. He has for years. Garish as it might be -- its main ornament is a 6-inch hot pepper -- it carries sentimental and personal value. Since when is anyone -- athlete, actor, politician or average schmoe -- obligated to hand over personal possessions permanently when someone asks? Or should Culpepper have shot down the request and embarrassed Townsend on television?

If that's your story, then the next time someone asks you for your wedding ring or a sweater your grandmother knitted, you better cough it up. Or else find some real news to write about.