Author Topic: NFL 2006-07  (Read 56447 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NFL 2006-07
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2006, 11:15 PM »
???

What do you have against the Vikings? (other than they will be one of 6 teams in the NFC Playoffs making it harder for the Giants to get a spot)

Shouldn't you be hating the Eagles, Redskins or Cowboys instead?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2006, 11:49 PM »
Oddly enough I really like the entire NFC East, especially the Giants and Eagles.  Like watching the Cowboys too.  Skins are alright.

Well, if I could have found a flag that says "Jeff Scott" rather than the Vikings one, I'd have gone with that instead.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2006, 11:51 PM »
Weekly Terrell Owens Update:

Week 1 - 6 rec, 80 yards, 1 TD
Week 2 - broke hand in 1st quarter
Week 3 - bye
Week 4 - 5 rec, 88 yards, 0 TD
Week 5 - 3 rec, 45 yards, 0 TD
Week 6 - 5 rec, 45 yards, 3 TD
Week 7 - 6 rec, 98 yards, 1 TD
--------------------------------------------------
Totals (5.25 games): 28 rec, 375 yards, 5 TD

Average game: 5.3 rec, 71 yards, 0.95 TD

League Avg. WR game: 29 yards, 0.15 TD

And Romo seems to have a fair crush on him, so it should only get better. 

Until he blows up. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2006, 12:37 AM »
And what do you have against the niners? And..since they are/have been a ****** team at best the last 3 years and counting what really is there to hate about them? I certainly hope it isn't something entirely shallow like because I like them or anything :-\. If there's a real reason..what is it?

Brent..I think if when the Plowboyz lose 3 more games then I think you likely see a TO blowup. You won't however see a TO blowover when he makes a game-critical, 20-yards-open 4th down drop. What's with all the slips? The announcer says it's because he's so tall :P. Saw some good hits on him this week...I don't care how fast he gets up..I love it. Hopefully he'll blow it again this year, and have a blow-up. If this happens and the 'Pokes had some kind of protective clause then I hope they release him and he is never signed by anyone again for more than 1 year term.

Watched the game, was pleased with the result. Felt that TO had a usual week..the kind of week I've learned to expect from a TO(at least 100 and at least 1 TD). Well, we've now seen close to that 3 out of 6 weeks..and the team Owner himself even claimed he was a little dissapointed in Owen's production thus far. I'd be willing to bet that alot of scoring only leagues were pissed after the first third of the year on their pick of him.   

Owens' touchdown celeb? I usually don't care but..what was he swinging at?! Was he punching away the demons that made him turn his head to make a play before looking in the ball on the 4th down pass? Was that it?..?
Oh, he was punching away his critics and doubters like me. I see.. that ole' chip on the shoulder is acting up again.

Update: There is NO PERFECT lasting Qb match with Owens
No matter how many times Analysts ask " is this the match for TO?"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2006, 08:24 AM »
Update: There is NO PERFECT lasting Qb match with Owens
No matter how many times Analysts ask " is this the match for TO?"

I think there are a couple of good matches out there.  Brett Favre definitely wouldn't take TO's ****.  And to a lesser extent, neither would Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2006, 08:37 AM »
This week's maps

CBS Doubleheader
Game 1

Game 2

Fox single game
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2006, 02:09 PM »
So, folks without an NFL package get no game if their area is white? That sucks :(

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2006, 02:10 PM »
Yeah I did get nutted on that CBS 1:00 game.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2006, 02:31 PM »
I can't believe the networks do that...what are they airing on TV instead :-\?

Definately something I miss from living in Texas; I could get up later to watch the early games--the disadvantage being staying up late on Mondays watching the game..and if it went to OT...a red-eyed tues. morn ::).

kinda crappy now, though ..when I finally turn on the games the first Quarters are almost over :(. I can't imagine not having a game though..that would suck.   

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2006, 01:52 AM »
Pittsburgh put every shooting and other major story down tonight for the Steelers...  Good lord that was hard to watch.  They really earned another loss though, and got what they deserved.  You'd think after the 3rd interception someone might just guess he's not seeing clearly, maybe suffering from the previous week's injury yet, and throw Batch in to get the game won that you NEED won, while it's still in reach.  blah

There were some really good plays around the NFL today though in general so at least there were some good highlights to catch and stuff. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2006, 11:13 PM »
Holy Smokes! Has anyone else noticed the career game Tom Brady is having right now against the supposed staunch Vikings defense? The vikes have to be taking their worst beating this year right now! Brady nearly 360 yards and 4 TD's and almost a whole 4th qtr remaining....I would really hate to be the fantasy opponent of whoever picked up Brady tonite-they're in for some trouble! :o

The DS

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 1, 2006, 12:12 PM »
Holy Smokes! Has anyone else noticed the career game Tom Brady is having right now against the supposed staunch Vikings defense? The vikes have to be taking their worst beating this year right now! Brady nearly 360 yards and 4 TD's and almost a whole 4th qtr remaining....I would really hate to be the fantasy opponent of whoever picked up Brady tonite-they're in for some trouble! :o

The DS

Yeah apparently the Pats decided they were not going to run at all on the Vikings.  Throw throw throw.  Dillon and Maroney combined for 11 touches total. 

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 1, 2006, 12:23 PM »
More negative news for Terrell Owens

Apparently, he didn't fare to well on this years' Most Overrated Player national poll

LB Brian Urlacher was 2nd!? :o

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 1, 2006, 01:16 PM »

Yeah ... I didn't understand that one.  There aren't enough good things that can be said about that guy.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 1, 2006, 01:57 PM »

Yeah ... I didn't understand that one.  There aren't enough good things that can be said about that guy.

Agreed, I get the others though.

The DS