Author Topic: NFL 2006-07  (Read 56444 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2006-07
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2006, 10:29 AM »
Bucs... oh Bucs...  My lament:

Finally score some points, finally play some defense... manage a 1 point lead with under 2:00 left...

3rd and about 5 - the Panthers have used all their time outs...  a 1st down wins the game...

Deep to Galloway!?

WTF?

I'm as big a Gruden fan as there is, but the people in Tampa calling for his head got some serious ammunition on that one...  maybe Galloway was just supposed to draw double coverage off of the underneath guys and Simms threw it to him anyway... who knows.

Next thing you know we're punting - and Kasay (great for my fantasy team...) seemed to have a lock on fieldgoals over 50 yards.  a little over a minute later it's over.

And Chris Simms is out for probably 2 months... ruptured spleen (removed last night), happened during the game... and the kid kept playing.  Wow.

0-3.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2006, 11:00 AM »
Bucs... oh Bucs...  My lament:

Finally score some points, finally play some defense... manage a 1 point lead with under 2:00 left...

3rd and about 5 - the Panthers have used all their time outs...  a 1st down wins the game...

Deep to Galloway!?

WTF?

I'm as big a Gruden fan as there is, but the people in Tampa calling for his head got some serious ammunition on that one...  maybe Galloway was just supposed to draw double coverage off of the underneath guys and Simms threw it to him anyway... who knows.

Next thing you know we're punting - and Kasay (great for my fantasy team...) seemed to have a lock on fieldgoals over 50 yards.  a little over a minute later it's over.

And Chris Simms is out for probably 2 months... ruptured spleen (removed last night), happened during the game... and the kid kept playing.  Wow.

0-3.

Oh geez yeah, the fork has already been stuck in the Bucs.  0-3 and they have a tough schedule:

1 Sun, Sep 10 Baltimore  LOSS
 2 Sun, Sep 17 at Atlanta  LOSS
 3 Sun, Sep 24 Carolina  LOSS
 4 -- bye -- -- --
 5 Sun, Oct 8 at New Orleans  Poor odds
 6 Sun, Oct 15 Cincinnati  Very poor odds
 7 Sun, Oct 22 Philadelphia  Very poor odds
 8 Sun, Oct 29 at NY Giants  Poor odds
 9 Sun, Nov 5 New Orleans  Poor odds
 10 Mon, Nov 13 at Carolina  Poor odds
 11 Sun, Nov 19 Washington  Decent odds
 12 Thu, Nov 23 at Dallas  Very poor odds
 13 Sun, Dec 3 at Pittsburgh  Very poor odds
 14 Sun, Dec 10 Atlanta  Very poor odds
 15 Sun, Dec 17 at Chicago  Very poor odds
 16 Sun, Dec 24 at Cleveland Decent odds
 17 Sun, Dec 31 Seattle  Very poor odds

Looking at their schedule, let's assume their going to beat the Redskins and Browns, and let's say they surprise 2 good teams at most.

With that, I project a 4-12 season.

:-\

« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 11:01 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2006, 10:59 PM »
On Tuesday, the Cowboys also practiced without tight end Jason Witten, whose wife was having a baby. Terry Glenn practiced, albeit with several stitches in his thumb.

"He was trying to cut some tape off his uniform," Parcells said. "He had his hand down in his pants and he missed. Fortunately he cut his hand."

:o

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2006, 11:04 PM »
Yep.  The Bucs schedule is absolutely brutal.  I was optimistic about a 9-7 or 10-6 type season, but I was also expecting them to be 2-1 or so by this point.

I was encouraged that they were at least competative this week and had a shot to win it in the last 2 minutes... but losing Simms for at least two months is probably the end of the season.

Unless the defense starts playing lights out and Gradkowski steps in and has a Rothlisberger type season (highly unlikely but the team is really high on the kid), I think 4 wins is probably being generous.

As much as I want them to win every game, I'm wondering if they wouldn't be better off getting a really high draft pick and trying to get Brady Quinn.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2006, 12:30 AM »
On Tuesday, the Cowboys also practiced without tight end Jason Witten, whose wife was having a baby. Terry Glenn practiced, albeit with several stitches in his thumb.

"He was trying to cut some tape off his uniform," Parcells said. "He had his hand down in his pants and he missed. Fortunately he cut his hand."

:o

Riiiiiiight, let's put Glenn on the bench for this week then, pending psychiatric evaluation for overwhelming stupidity.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2006, 01:08 AM »
What the ****?  Did someone poison Owens tonight?

DALLAS -- Terrell Owens was taken to the emergency room for an undisclosed reason Tuesday night, and doctors treating the Dallas Cowboys receiver were trying to induce vomiting, according to a television report.

Owens was brought by a fire rescue crew to Baylor Medical Center, Dallas-Fort Worth television station KTVT reported, citing sources the television station did not identify. A reporter for the station later said she saw Owens being wheeled down the hall.

Calls from The Associated Press to Owens' agent, his publicist and the Cowboys were not immediately returned Tuesday night. The hospital told the AP that they do not have a patient registered by Owens' name.

KTVT said a Dallas police spokesperson was en route to the hospital to talk about a "high profile case."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2006, 08:10 AM »
It looks like he had an adverse reaction to painkillers:

Source: T.O. hospitalized after reaction to medicine

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2006, 08:26 AM »
Week 4 TV maps

CBS Doubleheader
Game 1

Game 2

Fox single game

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2006, 10:14 AM »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2006, 10:21 AM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2006, 10:27 AM »
Yikes.  I take it back about him playing against the Titans or the Eagles.

It was only a matter of time before something happened with this guy.  I admit I didn't think it would be something like this, but now I'm even more glad I passed on him in the draft.

Oh yeah, and get well soon T.O., I'm going to be hosting a candle light vigil until you're all better.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2006, 10:35 AM »
I cannot ******* believe this.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2006, 10:43 AM »
I don't follow the pros the way you guys do--was he supposed to be able to play this week, with his hand injury?  Or was he already out for the week?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2006, 10:43 AM »
I don't follow the pros the way you guys do--was he supposed to be able to play this week, with his hand injury?  Or was he already out for the week?

He was questionable for this Sunday vs. the Titans and definite for week 5 vs. the Eagles.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2006, 10:55 AM »
He was questionable for this Sunday vs. the Titans and definite for week 5 vs. the Eagles.

Oh, okay.  Thanks.  I was wondering if it was a situation where he knew he wouldn't be playing this week, so this was a publicity stunt to keep his name out there anyway.  This also makes the Eagles game even more of a soap opera than it already was gonna be. . .