Author Topic: NFL 2006-07  (Read 56441 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2006-07
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 07:59 PM »
I was just watching Bill Romanowski on 60 Minutes.  I thought Terrell Owens was an *******.  Owens can't hold a candle to Romanowski.  Not only is Romanowski the biggest ******* I know of in the NFL (past or present), he's one of the biggest ******** on the planet.  Man oh man.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 01:22 PM »
Go niners! Man they really have to improve that red zone offense the score should have been 35-13...oh well a win is a win....6 sacks..yes!.. but it's the Lambs I guess :-\(3 in a row)(it doesn't guage our team really).

Update: Raiders STILL suck

TO update... glad to see I was right about him, I expected a fantasy bust by route of injury or off/on field incident. Glad to see it happened. Nothing sicker than seeing dilluted kid fans holding up TO signs in Dallas for me. Hey TO! Get your bike helmet back on..LOL!

Nice comeback by the Giants, typical conservative play-not-to-lose offensive game plan in the second half by Philly ::). I guess they can take it out on my team next week.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 01:50 AM »
Steelers ate it tonight against the Jags...  Though, to the Steelers credit they were holding them defensively MOST of the game, but Roethlisberger (and I bitched about this all week to people, and my worst fears came true) had no business playing this week, especially when Batch had proven he's a capable back-up.  I think the blame this week lies squarely on 2 people;  Ben for insisting he could play hurt, and Cowher for letting him.

Pisses me off to no end, but that's the way the peanut rolls, so it's time to look forward to next week...  God dammit though.   >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 06:21 AM »
Steelers ate it tonight against the Jags...  Roethlisberger (and I bitched about this all week to people, and my worst fears came true) had no business playing this week, especially when Batch had proven he's a capable back-up.  I think the blame this week lies squarely on 2 people;  Ben for insisting he could play hurt, and Cowher for letting him.

Not only recovering from an appendectomy, but also had a 104 degree fever at kickoff.

:o

Batch should have played.  I can't even move when I have a fever like that, and I don't even think I've had one quite that high.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006, 09:58 AM »
TO is going to lay down in an oxygen chamber Michael Jackson style for 2-3 weeks so that he can play against the Eagles.  There's something very funny about that.

"I'll bounce back," said Owens, adding he'll use his healing-inducing oxygen chamber to speed his recovery. "I'll pretty much be in there throughout the clock."

:)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2006, 10:25 AM »
I'll wager he'll(Owens) get injured again or lose game-playing time for pissing off Parcels before THIS year is over to piss off and dissapoint the cowboy fans to no end. I remember in SF how he didn't cater well to double coverage when teams did it to him then dropping alot of easy in-the-hands-balls. I've played with a busted finger before, was still able to catch passes...rocket line drive type ones too. He's actually dropped quite a few balls in his career so far right along side some difficult ones caught. I always laugh when I hear the announcers talking about his great hands ::). See his carreer in a gradual downwards spiral, I do.

I don't know Jesse. Even with CB in, I still think the Jags could have won, though. However, I think Pittsburgh would have scored at least :P. The Jags staunch D looked good in pass coverage for the full game from my eyes.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 11:42 AM »
I'll wager he'll(Owens) get injured again or lose game-playing time for pissing off Parcels before THIS year is over to piss off and dissapoint the cowboy fans to no end.

I'm not sure how you can predict or wager an injury is going to happen, that makes you unique. 

I do not think he will be benched for pissing off Parcells.

I remember in SF how he didn't cater well to double coverage when teams did it to him then dropping alot of easy in-the-hands-balls.

I remember him catching a lot of balls too, to the tune of 6th best in the entire history of the National Football League, behind only Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Steve Largent, and Don Hutson.  That's some good company.

I've played with a busted finger before, was still able to catch passes...rocket line drive type ones too.

Clearly the broken bone was exactly the same, and you were on the receiving end of NFL-type passes thrown by Donovan McNabb, Drew Bledsoe, and Steve Young.

And he does not cry about injuries.  He broke his leg last year and was back 7 weeks later for the Super Bowl, 9 catches 122 yards.

He's actually dropped quite a few balls in his career so far right along side some difficult ones caught.

A lot of wide receivers speak of this experience  ???

See his carreer in a gradual downwards spiral, I do.

Well, he'll be 33 this year and he's in his 12th NFL season.  This isn't exactly a newsflash.

But aside from the tip top elite receivers in the NFL today, and I'm talking Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison, and Hines Ward, I want Terrell Owens on my team on Super Bowl Sunday.

:)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 01:02 PM »
-I want all those other receivers on my team before Owens.

-I never said he'd cry about an injury..but his fans will be sad(NS).

-I thought he would get hurt or get in trouble for something before the season   
 started and here we are..and, I don't think it's over yet. He's a fantasy risk,
 he's been consistently injury prone the last 4 years.

-I had a neighbor in Texas who was a big Fantasy/Eagles fan while I was a 49er
 guy..anyway when the 49ers finally 'dumped' him (good riddance)
 and the Eagles took him. He was like 'we got TO, we got TO--we're gonna win a SB now!'..I told him BS that he'll fight with the Qb.. watch and see. He said that there was no way they would fight ..that McNabb had the kind of arm strength that would keep TO happy ::). Anyway, no SB, fights and new team again now ;).   

-TO's career has been pretty predictable. at times he's having bad games dropping passes(because he's looking to make a play before looking the ball in) then the next game he goes out and gets 160 yards 2 or 3 TD's. He will predictably get in trouble with his mouth (as planned the media will get ahold of it), He'll predictably make 'ME,ME' TD antics, injury prone last 4-5 years--but a predictable 'hey guys look at ME, notice ME, I'm a quick healer'. A noticeable chip on his shoulder- it's always the coach or quarterback's fault, never his right? and ..lastly.. never will win the SB? I hope so please let that become true as well.

-There are many that are fooled by his Jeckyll/Hide persona--I am not. He tries to be the 'new Terrell' in media lately all smiles and what not(=BS)--actually alot of naive folks are fooled by that, but then you see how he gets pissed when he's wide open with the QB missing him deep(the QB had 3 6'7 lineman arms up in his face and had to throw high). It's coming again another meltdown...and I can't wait.

-Jerry tried to teach him how to be right he was just too stupid and egotystical to listen
--I hate him
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 01:15 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 02:51 PM »
The Steelers staunch D held the Jags scoreless most of the game, and a lot of what they finally got on us came on flubbed plays by Roethlisberger who clearly was in massive pain, doubling over after almost every throw in the 2nd half (when he finally fell apart)...

I think it's tough to say then that the Jags would've STILL won...  I think Batch is/was in a groove and we'd have had a more competitive 2nd half since the D was still playing pretty top form for us throughout despite getting no offensive help in the matter.  I think we had as good a shot to win if we'd have done the logical thing and sat Ben down and made him deal with the situation as it was instead of letting him make the call himself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2006, 05:07 PM »

Not only recovering from an appendectomy, but also had a 104 degree fever at kickoff.

Any chance that was something like 101.4 rather than 104?  I have to think that the team doctor wouldn't have let him play with a 104, considering he probably should have been hospitalized at that temp.  My guess is the media is inflating it.

Regardless, I'd personally like to thank him and the team for being stupid.  Batch would have been adequate and would probably have generated some more offense and any little bit would have helped during that game. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2006, 05:12 PM »
I agree it's tough to say..so that's when I use my own instincts.
It should be mentioned that with Batch in at least it would have given Pittsburgh a chance to win. Had Batch been in and Pitt scoring I feel Jags would have mirrored with more scoring. I think it's fair to mention the Jags were not aggressive offensively since they didn't have to be. Had there been a score or even some ball movement then I think their hand would have been forced. A tough loss indeed :(

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2006, 05:15 PM »

Any chance that was something like 101.4 rather than 104?  I have to think that the team doctor wouldn't have let him play with a 104, considering he probably should have been hospitalized at that temp.  My guess is the media is inflating it.

Regardless, I'd personally like to thank him and the team for being stupid.  Batch would have been adequate and would probably have generated some more offense and any little bit would have helped during that game. 

I did read that it was 104 degrees, but that seems really high to me.  Maybe the media is misreporting it, but here's where I read it:

"First, he nearly dies in a motorcycle accident.

Then, there was the emergency appendectomy.

Now, 15 days after undergoing that appendectomy, Ben Roethlisberger is going to start at quarterback for the defending Super Bowl champions in a crucial early-season tilt with the Jaguars all while reportedly running a 104-degree fever."

source

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2006, 05:29 PM »

Now, 15 days after undergoing that appendectomy, Ben Roethlisberger is going to start at quarterback for the defending Super Bowl champions in a crucial early-season tilt with the Jaguars all while reportedly running a 104-degree fever."

I agree with Brent..a 104 fever is pretty close enough to death, usually requires hospital attention. I think it's 'media inflated' to make some kind of heroic storyline ::)(that backfired). Now it just looks stupid that he went out there. I feel the team could have saved some respect by pulling him at the half though I feel since the score was 0-0 there must have been some 'he can still save us..' ego's at play preventing this.

I don't like it when the media uses 'reportedly' . You never see them quoting anyone on it either, it's like a vague way to get around real facts and freely exaggerate. It's like legal gossip-- 'reportedly' makes it OK to start rumors. His twin brother? -- Allegedly.

I actually feel sorry for Cincinnati this weekend, I fear some folks are gonna be hurt by some frustrated steelers.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 05:31 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2006, 08:16 PM »
Just out of curiosity Slothus, who's your NFL team and favorite players?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2006, 12:40 AM »
I already mentioned it(team) if you were really reading ;)

SF49ers
(that's it)(since 1980)

current favorite players are Frank Gore, Bryant Young, Tony Parrish, Derek Smith, Jeff Ulbrich

Past favorites are Ken Norton, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Roger Craig, Wendell Tyler, Keena Turner, Merton Hanks, Ronnie Lott, Brent Jones, John Taylor,
Garrison Hearst...Ect (too many more to mention here)

If you're asking to start ripping, them I'm ready

The DS