Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 352294 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2005, 09:27 AM »
We went and saw Batman Begins this weekend, and I really thought it was quite good.  The Mrs. liked it as well.  To me, this is far and away the best of the Batman films, and I hope they continue to make more with this same cast/team.  I thought Bale did a very nice job as Bruce and Batman, and the supporting cast (Neeson, Freeman, Caine, Oldham, Murphy) were all very good as well.  Although it seems opinions vary wildly on the new Tumbler Batmobile, I thought it was quite cool.  To me, it kind of made me feel like a kid at the movies again, just basically thinking "cool, I want one of those" when seeing it on screen.  I think this is actually my favorite Batmobile now, it is quite cool in the film.  I hope this movie does well enough to warrant some sequels, because they sure set one up nicely at the end.  Overall, I thought the movie was great...and a nice revamp of the Batman franchise.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Batman Begins was awesome, Nolan knew what he was doing- second best film of the year.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2005, 05:03 PM »
Batman Begins was awesome, Nolan knew what he was doing- second best film of the year.
Behind what?

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2005, 07:11 PM »
Behind what?

Sin City was a very gratifying movie; pretty darn perfect. Rutger Hauer’s having a good comeback as a character actor.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 20, 2005, 07:17 PM »
"Batman Begins" was spiffy. I won't bore you with my review. It's a shame in that independent cinema's going to lose one of its shining stars in Bale. Here's to hoping Sarsgaard doesn't blow up.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 22, 2005, 04:01 AM »
Ghostrider is not to come out till next year, but I came across thsi pciture today at superherohype. It appears to be soem sort of early renderign of the character, and well, Damn!

He's basically a normal guy (jonny blaze) who is possessed by a demon at night. He protects the innocent from the evil. Looking into their eyes he uses his Penance Stare and makes them feel the sins and bad they have done in an instant. not to mention he beats the crap out of people, and rides an indestructible motorcycle of hellfire.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 04:07 AM by Dimetrodon »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #201 on: June 22, 2005, 04:03 AM »
That's a pretty red x, but I've seen the pic in question.

I think the skull needs a little work, but that's just based on that one pic. The bike kicks ass, though.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2005, 04:05 AM »
That's a pretty red x, but I've seen the pic in question.

I think the skull needs a little work, but that's just based on that one pic. The bike kicks ass, though.
what red x?  ;D

I can agree a bit on the skull, the eyes are right their evil look and all, but the skull is on the thin side methinks.
I almost wonder if they used cat scans or x-rays of nick cage to make it, heh.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 04:11 AM by Dimetrodon »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 22, 2005, 05:05 AM »
I was hoping that there wouldn't be anything in the eye sockets, looking something like this:

« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 05:07 AM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2005, 11:11 AM »
Why can't Nicolas Cage just die or something?

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 23, 2005, 01:25 AM »
actually there is nothing in the sockets. his eyes only glow like that when he does the penance stare.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2005, 09:05 AM »
Statler and Waldorf Review Movies  Sounds like via Movies.com, the old men from the Muppets will be doing movie reviews.  Although many reviews don't necessarily mean anything, I think I'd enjoy watching these two review movies.  Always a fan of the old Muppet show when I was a kid (and now), and glad to see them starting to come back a little bit now.  Might be interesting to see.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2005, 10:55 AM »
Statler and Waldorf Review Movies  Sounds like via Movies.com, the old men from the Muppets will be doing movie reviews.  Although many reviews don't necessarily mean anything, I think I'd enjoy watching these two review movies.  Always a fan of the old Muppet show when I was a kid (and now), and glad to see them starting to come back a little bit now.  Might be interesting to see.

On a side note, the Muppets season 1 is due out soon.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Thats pretty good to now. I miss the old muppets.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 27, 2005, 03:28 PM »
King Kong trailer tonight.

Plus, I saw a shot of Kong's face on USA Today's front page. He looks like this.