Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 350455 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #1260 on: March 11, 2011, 06:17 PM »
I felt the exact opposite about Battle LA. I thought it was well worth the admission price. I agree that the dialogue got to be a drag (especially Eckhart's speeches) and I thought the movie took itself too seriously. The action more than made up for the cliche action movie moments, and I look forward to watching it again when it's on Bluray. I'd put it on par with Transformers and Cloverfield... just two hours of some good action and destruction.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1261 on: March 12, 2011, 11:23 AM »
I went to see it last night. I was entertained andnot bored. It was worth it for me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 12, 2011, 05:11 PM »
So is SyFy channel's Battle of Los Angeles and Battle LA the same movie or related? I wonder if Battle of Los Angeles is related to the marketing for Battle LA? Kind of like how Universal is making a miniseries for Wicked that is advertising for the movie version.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 12, 2011, 05:55 PM »
So is SyFy channel's Battle of Los Angeles and Battle LA the same movie or related? I wonder if Battle of Los Angeles is related to the marketing for Battle LA? Kind of like how Universal is making a miniseries for Wicked that is advertising for the movie version.

Probably not the same thing. If I had to guess, the SyFy movie is another one of their Saturday night cheese-fests that is just attempting to cash in on a similar movie being in theaters. Back when Terminator:Salvation came out, SyFy aired a movie called Terminators. Similar deal. Unrelated, with the SyFy movie being a low budget piece of ****. (As opposed to McG's big budget POS  :P)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1264 on: April 10, 2011, 09:16 PM »
We recently got to see Limitless and Battle for LA....both were excellent.

Trying to figure out a way to see Atlas Shrugged this week.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1265 on: April 25, 2011, 11:46 AM »
We went to see Rio over the weekend.   I thought it was fine, but the two 4-year olds thought it was the best movie they've seen this year.  When the birds [SPOILER ALERT! :P] escape from the bad guys at the end[/SPOILER], they both started clapping and cheering as though they were actually surprised by the outcome. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: April 25, 2011, 11:49 AM »
Watched "The King's Speech" this weekend. Very good, but if that was really the best movie from last year then that is sad for last year.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1267 on: April 25, 2011, 12:03 PM »
It was the best movie in the eyes of the Academy's population of ancient fuddy-duddies, who prefer "classic" style cinema.  I thought Black Swan was the best movie.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1268 on: April 25, 2011, 07:05 PM »
Of the 7 Best Picture nominees I saw before and after the Oscars I still think The Social Network was the best movie of last year followed by The Fighter and then King's Speech.  I saw Black Swan a couple of weeks ago and liked it alright but thought it was a little too over the top. 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1269 on: April 25, 2011, 08:44 PM »
Loved The Social Network! I have yet to see The Fighter or HP part 1.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 22, 2011, 06:39 AM »
Paul - Enjoyed it heaps, Seth Rogan was perfect for the voice, plenty of starwars refs to geek out on, the music in the bar made me laugh hard, and Kirsten Wiig each time I see her in a movie I fall a bit more in love she's awesome
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 23, 2011, 10:17 AM »
Caught Pirates of the Caribbean last night.  Loved it.  It was as good as the first, I think, and got back to story and character rather than the overblown battles that the second and third films were plagued with.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1272 on: May 23, 2011, 04:35 PM »
Sounds like good news E...  Maybe next weekend I'll get the time to run out and see it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 31, 2011, 10:40 AM »
Saw Hangover 2 yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it just like the first one.  Felt a little recycled, but hey - it's a hangover, just another one.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 31, 2011, 02:02 PM »
I saw The Hangover 2 this weekend also.  I liked it but there were a couple of parts that felt more mean spirited than in the first film.  Over all, though, it had a lot of hilarious moments.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"