Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581226 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: KBZ jokes on GNT at scum
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2004, 05:24 AM »
Greg(g) Wrote:

Ok ok you've all had your fun.  

All I can do is roll my eyes like so...  since someone actually read something I posted and decided to make a thread about it  Woohoo!  

But seriously was there a need to actually start a thread on what was said? Surely you can all giggle and laugh in private without resorting to starting a thread on it. I think it's best to leave it at that and move on.

Oh and for the record I don't think a ruler or even a tape measure is big enough for my large post count

Wow, what a way to close that topic...

Everyone was LAUGHING, and having fun.  They were taking something he said, and the way he said it, and making a joke.

Yes, everyone can laugh in private, but what the hell's the point of laughing in private if you're not gonna share it with your friends?

Someone needs to get a grip over there...  I understand Philip wanting to stand by his staff.  It's admirable, and it's loyalty that can keep friendships tight as well, but even the other mods and admin there are making fun of him here and there now.

The bigger person would've participated and laughed in the thread too.  He doesn't even acknowledge the sexual overtones when he locks it.  He simply locked it because it was, for lack of any more fitting terms, was hurting his feelings.  He was quietly stewing that the topic was even going on for a while.  

I mean, he could've LEGITIMATELY closed the topic because the discussion matter goes against the stringent rules at Scum, so why not at least lie to save some face?  Instead he just closes it like a hall monitor that just caught his feared bullies skipping class.  

How sad.

EDIT:

By the way, he even overuses the graemlins and especially the "roll eyes" one in his rebuttle, in the absolute truest GNT overexaggerated fashion.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 05:25 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2004, 07:36 AM »
I see that KBZ now has it (the pun) in his RS signature :)
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2004, 12:18 PM »
Ill laugh when Gregg goes on a tyrannical banning spree.

:-*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2004, 01:00 PM »
I banned them, banned them all like animals, and not just the men, but the women and children too.
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

Offline Sems Fir

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • www.behindthetoys.com
« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2004, 02:00 PM »

Robert
NOOMIVARR SECTOR
BLACK S. U. N.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2004, 05:13 PM »
I'm surprised he isn't passing that off as the next hot collectible, or maybe a new E3 character.  :)

Maybe it's a set piece from a film studio he raided even?  Perhaps a Tumbleweed even?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2004, 06:27 PM »
You guys are ALL going to get sued.

;D
Got Clones?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2004, 06:38 PM »
Because that's really his long lost Uncle Greagg,who appeared on the unaired CBS surviovor Texas.That picture is the property of CBS,and he'll see you in court!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2004, 07:03 PM »
Not only that, but editing a picture that someone has posted on the internet for the whole world to see has GOT to be a law.

At least in Australia.  :)
Got Clones?

Durge

« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2004, 07:12 PM »
Finally, a place where we can speak our minds about GNT and not get the thread locked! I wonder if he's seen this yet.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2004, 07:23 PM »
Posted by: Durge  Posted:
Finally, a place where we can speak our minds about GNT and not get the thread locked! I wonder if he's seen this yet.  

He probally has seen it but can't do a thing about it since he has  no control over here to lock or move topics like he does at RS.  I have to wonder who removed your topic asking him why he did that whole stuipid thing with the "." over a GH that you posted over at the Scum and what the reasoning behind it being removed since from what I saw of it was just asking a simple question on his action.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2004, 07:31 PM »
Posted by: Durge  Posted:

He probally has seen it but can't do a thing about it since he has  no control over here to lock or move topics like he does at RS.  I have to wonder who removed your topic asking him why he did that whole stuipid thing with the "." over a GH that you posted over at the Scum and what the reasoning behind it being removed since from what I saw of it was just asking a simple question on his action.

Amen.

With as much time as Gregg spends at 'scum I believe he spends a fair amount reading other sites as well. He certainly quotes and acknowledges GH enough that I'm sure he is over there a bit.

Further, I he's makin' a list, and checkin' it twice - he's gonna find out who's naughty and nice... And then lock out those who don't tow his line.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2004, 07:43 PM »

Well folks, it's an interesting topic, but it should be noted that when Gregg was upset about his picture being up over here at JD, the staff here did take it down for him. I'm sure if this thread continues to get nastier, I would assume that the staff here would probably not let it get out of control either. Fun is one thing, but mean-spirit is another.

A thread making fun of or "calling out" GNT or any other member is going to get locked over there, unless that person is ok with it and wants it left alone, which I dont' think was the case.

I'm sure if most of you had a thread started about you for something stupid you did, and a bunch of people piling on, you'd want it locked up too.

:)

As much fun as it is to poke some fun at the guy from time to time, he definitely gets more than his share. For post padding, for the whole "Gregg vs. Greg" incident and the pictures he tried so hard to explain away, I'd say he's probably had enough teasing for 10 members put together.

I'm not saying he doesn't bring a lot of it on himself, and I know I've teased him many a time myself in the spirit of fun.

I'm just saying that he gets a lot of crap, and deserves protection from threads about him as much as anyone else does.
Got Clones?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 22, 2004, 09:00 PM »
Well,that does bring up a good point.

GNT,while an inept mod,in my experience has been pretty kind.Sure,he does bring on a certain amount of things apon himself,he dosen't deserve to be hated.

However,I have to wonder if there is something I've missed,so action taken by gregg to make him so hated other than post padding or being the worst mod ever.

FYI,a GNT is registered at this site.So he is wachting.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #179 on: February 22, 2004, 09:03 PM »
I agree, and I actually had no problem with GNT up till he started to annoy even myself with thread locking, thread moving, etc...  That's been just within the last few months really that I've "had my fill", so to speak.

Things won't get too out of hand here, but there are two keys here that I see.

1) "He brings it on himself".  That he does...  I was willing to let him prove himself, and sadly he did, but he proved that he wasn't going to shy away from his past too much.  Even if he were a 50/50 mod over with you guys Josh, I'd be more forgiving personally.  Sadly, he's a below 50/50 mod at best I think.  To most of us who DO frequent over there, that's disconcerting that he's still a mod at all.

2) His actual level of power there allows any criticism to be curbed immediately.  Criticism he deserves, and MAYBE could learn from as someone in authority, but criticism he chooses to simply cease because he doesn't like to be crossed.

That's pretty BS to me...  I think that's why people are venting here and not much is being said otherwise.  I mean, even some of your staff see the same issue we do, so there's a problem I think.

And on a side note regarding Scum, Josh, and myself:   I apologize for you having to step in on that thread about Editing over there Josh, but I think my words ring true there.  I think you agree with me even.  Hell, GNT agreed with me on the topic too I believe...  His point was pretty valid too.  That topic went off-topic from the start though, sadly, when nobody would answer Durge seriously, but just sarcastically with one-line posts and a  ::) graemlin.  Typical.