Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581198 times)

Durge

Re: KBZ jokes on GNT at scum
« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2004, 09:15 PM »
 That topic went off-topic from the start though, sadly, when nobody would answer Durge seriously, but just sarcastically with one-line posts and a  ::) graemlin.  Typical.

Sad, but true.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 22, 2004, 09:17 PM »

And on a side note regarding Scum, Josh, and myself:   I apologize for you having to step in on that thread about Editing over there Josh, but I think my words ring true there.  I think you agree with me even.  Hell, GNT agreed with me on the topic too I believe...  His point was pretty valid too.  That topic went off-topic from the start though, sadly, when nobody would answer Durge seriously, but just sarcastically with one-line posts and a  ::) graemlin.  Typical.

I thought I answered Durge seriously in that thread.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2004, 09:23 PM »
He dosen't mean every reply.

Though,I did say who cares.Just I justified it by explaining.Durge,you did get some awnser to your question,right?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2004, 10:53 PM »
Yeah, you did Dean...  A couple did actually, including myself, Josh, GNT, you, Vator...  

A TON of others turned it into a series of "Who cares?" posts and "I'll second that", "I'll third that", etc...

Now, some of the people who posted weren't BAD posters in general over there by any stretch.  KBZ was one who said that I believe, and KBZ generally is a productive person.  I think Dressel maybe said "Who cares" or something like that and he tends to not post wastefully.

Sadly though, some of the participants were people who DON'T participate, and I think posting "who cares" is silly because obviously Durge did, and obviously so did a few others.  It was a valid topic.

My remarks were, mostly, aimed at those who habitually post uselessly.  IE: Kids, idiots, etc...  The point struck a nerve with one particular 14 year old over there, and subsequently got him on me to the point Josh had to step in (This is all for the people oblivious to what I'm talking about).

And I see Josh closed the topic down actually now...

I don't want this to go off-topic, I just saw Josh participating here and wanted to make sure he knew I was sorry.

The topic was even one GNT posted in responsibly actually!  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2004, 11:07 PM »
Special thanks to Henrik for keeping the thread/joke alive - the minute I posted that I knew GNT would bring down the Iron Fist of moderation as soon as he saw it....too bad the guy can't take a frickin' joke...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2004, 12:52 AM »
Boy, good thing I didn't say anything deragatory about Greg(g) in that thread...   :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2004, 01:30 AM »
He's gonna hate you as much as Scott in another two or three posts. :)

Let him though.  He needs to accept that his behavior's gonna breed contempt from many.  That's the one thing I disagree with when posts critcizing him are canned.  He's not LEARNING anything from those posts, just simply closing them and playing it off like it never happened.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2004, 10:12 AM »
Well, as sure as the sun does shine, I just recieved this message from Gregg:

Kneel Before Zod,

Joke or no joke I don't wish to have what I said posted from that thread in your signature any longer, while not as bad as previous quotes used I don't wish to have what I posted used as signature fodder. I'd rather contact you first to change it rather then having your signature blocked altogether which I don't want to do. So if you could remove the quote that would be very appreciated.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Signatures may not make fun of other forum members. Examples of this would include quoting a member, including something somebody said about a member, or linking to a forum thread or post that may not have been a members most proud moment.

-----------------

So the quote has been added to my signiture here - I hope that doesn't break any rules.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2004, 10:22 AM »
My signature a while back was mysteriously altered by the powers that be there, Greg(g) told me once that all I do is go into threads and complain and then leave, ZING!

My two biggest beefs with him is the fact that any little thing is said against him and he tattles and locks or deletes threads

The other is the fact that people can only post in threads that he starts on a given subject, any new thread is locked and you are forced to talk in his.  However, if you start a thread and duplicates start popping up they are allowed to continue.  Especially when your truly is the thread starter.  I found that starting said threads was an effective way to keep him strangely silent.  Which in my book is a good thing :P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2004, 10:34 AM »
Does he ever come around here?  Or does he avoid it because these posts aren't linked to his RS post count?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #190 on: February 23, 2004, 10:37 AM »
He's registered here, he read the original picture thread and threatened legal action

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?action=viewprofile;user=GNT

Because most of his favorite people post here he has wisely avoided posting, I will say that a large part of our community was actually built on that fact alone :P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2004, 11:49 AM »
I will say that a large part of our community was actually built on that fact alone :P

It's what has me here today.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2004, 11:53 AM »
Yeah, I recall his pics being what drug him here and made him finally say something.  It was amusing unto itself to see him come out of the shadows to speak only to say "Stop it or I'll sue you".

Here's a funny post over at Scum from a guy that works with me over at FFURG doing chat moderator stuff...  

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000676

Justin (Jediraven) is generally in a sullen mood, kind of how Brad would pee on everyone's thread, but I think Justin's generally this angry.  :)  Gotta love the guy sometimes just because he's so blunt.

"Thanks, God!" pretty much made me laugh out loud when I read it.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2004, 03:52 PM »
Well, as sure as the sun does shine, I just recieved this message from Gregg:

Kneel Before Zod,

Joke or no joke I don't wish to have what I said posted from that thread in your signature any longer, while not as bad as previous quotes used I don't wish to have what I posted used as signature fodder. I'd rather contact you first to change it rather then having your signature blocked altogether which I don't want to do. So if you could remove the quote that would be very appreciated.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Signatures may not make fun of other forum members. Examples of this would include quoting a member, including something somebody said about a member, or linking to a forum thread or post that may not have been a members most proud moment.

-----------------

So the quote has been added to my signiture here - I hope that doesn't break any rules.

I find it funny that he complins when it is his qoute in the sig line but, as far as I know doesn't do anything to those sig lines of others on the board that qoute other members.  I been in the WandP thread from time to time and have seen it there where both sides use each other's qoutes on their sig lines.  I can't find alot of it now but know a few people have qoutes about other members at the fourms there.  Once again we see that Greg(g) is god. ::)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2004, 04:14 PM »
a large part of our community was actually built on that fact alone :P
True,but it wasn't just GNT.It was the entire meltdown of 'Scum last summer.I'd say it was about four or five ''pioneers'' that advertised JD as being the utopian site.And that's what drew me here,away from the ''Third Riech of Rebelscum'',even though they showed more Stalinistic tactics than anything.
GNT,however,along with Philip and some other mods were the main culprtus of the degeneration.You know now that I think about it it was alot like a authoritarian take over.Lets look at it:
Social upheaval:EP2 influx,GH exodus,numerous trolls,and a down fall in overall quality.
Result:RS became a police state,with numerous mods and spies for mods.Unknowing(or uncaring)masses followed these new rules.Posts were censored and therefore the mods began to control thought.Many were banned,many were threatend.
So,if RS was indeed a authoritarian goverment(lets just say the USSR for reference,even thouugh the preamble was not the same for Stalins rise),GNT would be the equvalent of the NEP(that was the secrect police in Stalinist Russia?)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -