Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586821 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: How Do You Spell Hypocrisy? P-H-I-L-I-P W-I-S-E
« Reply #2880 on: April 27, 2006, 01:22 AM »
I'm just waiting for this darn thing to be over.  But if he wins, maybe the Rebelscum icon will be on the front page of Insider.   :-\

And at that point I'll be sure and let the Insider know they lost a subscription via their little campaign to get new people to sign up...  Hopefully others will too.

I want nothing with fan site's logos on it unless I actually don't mind the fan site too much...  I wear my PSWCS shirt happily, I wear my Jedi Defender.com shirt happily...  I don't buy autographs online though because I really don't want Philip's Stamp of hypocricsy on my stuff... 

BTW Josh I disagree...  I don't think he'll sell many subs down at the Dallas show.  I could be wrong of course, but to me I think selling this **** is hard for even the slimiest car sales man to pull off.  I wonder how many of those new subs earned by ANYONE in this cluster were actually "earned sales" as opposed to back scratching. 

I dunno, this whole thing sure as **** is "fun" though!  Wheeee!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline itbedave

• Youngling
  • Wine goes better with fish, not Star Wars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: April 27, 2006, 10:13 AM »
Hi Dan - feel better being able to post that 2 year old message from Dustin somewhere else without fear of it being deleted? I actually wish Philip would have left it up on RS as well because it shows how petty some are willing to get in order to tear Dustin down personally. I understand you support your friend, Bryan - but let it rest already. You and the rest of the "Lost 13" (my new moniker for your Columbus-area "inner circle" since you continue to believe some conspiracy theory that one exists within OSWCC  ;) ) should give it a rest and go back to finding some way of enjoying the hobby without worrying so much about others who are.

Posting one small part of an OLD argument without background or context is pretty shallow IMHO. And I don't agree with how Dustin handled it when that was going on - and said so to him privately. But I did understand why it upset him to the point where he finally flamed Bryan for it. If anyone is THAT interested in it, I'd be glad to host and post the entire argument somewhere. But it really isn't that interesting. Some people just don't get along - and the fact that Dustin would ever talk in such a tone to someone shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone. He's human, just like the rest of us. Take a look in the mirror sometime. We've likely all had moments like this at one time or another.

Why not let bygones be bygones and leave the baggage behind? Move on and enjoy collecting with or without OSWCC - however you choose. But faulting him, Philip Wise, OSWCC, me personally, or whoever whenever and however possible because you and your own circle of friends disagree with some decisions made in the past or have a personal dislike for an individual or group of individuals, for whatever reason, is just a waste of your time and energy. Let it go.

Dave

P.S. This message was composed by me on my own without any feedback or review of any of my friends or fellow club members. These are my own words and represent my own feelings and are not meant to represent OSWCC or any other person or group. My user ID is itbedave on just about every forum I am a member of, and I do not sign onto forums under ailiases in order to take potshots and leave. I stand behind my own words.

Offline itbedave

• Youngling
  • Wine goes better with fish, not Star Wars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: April 27, 2006, 10:16 AM »
BTW - I've not been here before because, frankly, I don't have the time to surf a bunch of forums anymore. But I like the content I see here, and love that this site is having fun with this whole Hyperspace marketing gimmick! Great stuff!

I'll be back here for the news and other content because I like to get my news from multiple sources - not because I'm anti-scum.

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: April 27, 2006, 11:50 AM »
Ahhh...apparently someone has his flying monkeys out....

First off, Bryan is no friend of mine, he had nothing at all to do with it. nor did Alex, BW, DJ or anyone else you might assume.  The subject came up about how your Master talks down to people. I thought it'd be funny to point that out...It was.
I was just trying to point out that someone people blindly support because of an inundation of free ads on a popular site, is not worthy of peoples $30 vote...of course facts and good questions are called FLAMES and are erased from 'scum as soon as they are posted. Sieg Heil....Someone was a huge ego but ultra thin skin. I was going to post the whole disertation but 3 minutes later that account was closed...then today I noticed my home account was closed.  Nice...class acts. Can't take any criticism. Funny stuff. Makes me laugh, anyway. I wish Smentek was higher on the boards, he's a REAL class act, unfortunately he doesn't have a huge money hungry site playing censor and wanting all the publicity. So who supported Dustin today for a free 'scum "news" ad? I don't know because I joined the many and erased that site from my bookmarks, like I did a long time ago with Sir Sleeze's site...I feel cleaner already.

"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2884 on: April 27, 2006, 12:38 PM »
It would have been nicer if Dustin had come in and addressed his old E-mail instead of the OSWCC Public Relations Officer.  That may have served his candidacy better.  I think a candidate looks weaker when he allows other people to run to his defense at every whisper of opposition.  As I told Dustin, he's not going to win this contest by containing himself to the friendly confines of the Phil Wise galaxy.  And he's not going to win based on the endorsement of the Greater Albuquerque Star Wars Costuming Troop, either... which is just about what he's down to in his endorsement hunt.  His efforts have been effective, but USC has been one step ahead of him the entire time.  If he doesn't start taking risks, he's going to lose.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2886 on: April 27, 2006, 02:52 PM »
See guys!  Isn't this hyperspace thing fun!?!   :o
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2887 on: May 3, 2006, 10:40 PM »
I'm opening this back up since the Jeff 4 Prez thread seems to have taken the place of this anyways. Please be conscious when posting is all I ask.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: May 3, 2006, 11:08 PM »
What about sober?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2889 on: May 4, 2006, 12:05 AM »
MisterPL's classic signature should probably apply but if you can't I guess that's ok.  Just make it coherent?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: May 4, 2006, 12:06 AM »
MisterPL's classic signature should probably apply but if you can't I guess that's ok.  Just make it coherent?

Yeah, I remember it, but if he's not around to post I don't have to listen to the advice, do I :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2891 on: May 4, 2006, 12:35 AM »
Good point... 

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: May 4, 2006, 06:01 AM »
I don't like the fact that Dustin is using the front page of RS to ask for his personal needs:

Searching For 2nd Series 501st Trading Cards
Posted by Dustin on May 2, 2006 at 05:36 PM CST:
I'm looking to obtain a full set. If you can help, please email me here - dustin@rebelscum.com. So far I've got #112, Jeff Ignatowski.

Come on, that's what the forums are for.  :(
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: May 4, 2006, 08:07 AM »
I don't like the fact that Dustin is using the front page of RS to ask for his personal needs:

Searching For 2nd Series 501st Trading Cards
Posted by Dustin on May 2, 2006 at 05:36 PM CST:
I'm looking to obtain a full set. If you can help, please email me here - dustin@rebelscum.com. So far I've got #112, Jeff Ignatowski.

Come on, that's what the forums are for.  :(

Some of the staff at Yakface has been doing the same thing.  It certainly does have the effect of sullying their main page.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #2894 on: May 4, 2006, 08:26 AM »
Some of the staff at Yakface has been doing the same thing. 

True, though it happens very rarely. The main difference over there is that we don't have a forum... yet.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2006, 08:28 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird