Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583223 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #4035 on: April 19, 2012, 08:52 AM »
It wasn't him, it was someone else.  I will pm the details (full message) to anyone wanting to read.  I don't want them to ban me for something foolish which it sounds like they would have no issue in doing so.  I still enjoy the site, some of the members  that I trade with, and post on occasion, but not near as much as I use to.  This site and marvelousnews.com gets the majority of my attention now.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: April 19, 2012, 10:44 AM »
I'd love to read that PM.

I used to keep a couple where they got onto me about having a UK forum in signature.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: April 19, 2012, 01:03 PM »
I'd love to read that PM.

Ditto.  What a bunch of tools.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: April 19, 2012, 02:18 PM »
Funny read to say the least.  I'm not surprised at all, especially considering who wrote it.

For saying that, their spies will probably see this and ban me...
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: April 19, 2012, 02:31 PM »
Okay, I think I want to see that PM also.  Hit me up, if you don't mind, Shmash.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: April 19, 2012, 02:47 PM »
I'd like to take a peek as well Mr. Shmash - if you don't mind...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: April 19, 2012, 03:33 PM »
It's pretty much who I thought it would be but the way he worded his PM to Shmash was very disingenuous and almost sounds bitter.  I didn't expect that, but it's par for the course for who wrote it.

They've always had a policy on signatures over there but if it's not derogatory and doesn't contain links to competing sites, I thought they usually left it alone.  Now I really want to know more of the backstory of why they parted ways with Dan.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: April 19, 2012, 04:26 PM »
yeah, I am still clueless as to what happened and why Dan was "fired".  I would be interested if anyone has the scoop   ;)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: April 19, 2012, 04:55 PM »
He's mentioned special projects two different times on Facebook that I know of.  One turned out to be Sansweet's upcomming book The Ultimate Action Figure Collection.  I wonder if he worked on that, taking photos, and didn't get "permission" from RS?  Some type of non-compete clause he broke or something?  Maybe they were just pissed that RS wouldn't be the only venue for Curto's photos?

Maybe it's this other project he's mentioned?  I guess we'll have to wait for some type of announcement from him.  I'd be hard pressed to think that he wouldn't at least end up on staff of another website.  He's close with James that runs the UK Jedi News site...don't have to actually be in the UK to do photo archives or post news.

E...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4044 on: April 19, 2012, 07:26 PM »
I think the other project is his work with Topps doing sketch cards for Mars Attacks series. As to his work on the Sansweet book, I think his envolvment happened after his departure from RS.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:27 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: April 19, 2012, 07:41 PM »
He announced his "firing" a few weeks ago but on Twitter they were talking about working on the book, although exactly what they were doing wasn't specified at the time, a few weeks before that.  So I don't know when he started working on it.

It's all just guess work.

E...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4046 on: April 20, 2012, 12:32 AM »
Now I'm morbidly curious about this PM.  I always looked at getting banned from there as a badge of honor.

I still love the photo of Chris and JediMac with PW.  Priceless!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: April 20, 2012, 06:11 AM »
Had a bad experience with the MODs over at RS a long time ago.
It was silly.  I made a newbie mistake and was scolded like Full Metal Jacket and never went back.
I remember thinking that yeah, the MOD was right, but it was the way they went about it.  Clowns.  no tact.
Bunch of drapes over there.

md
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4048 on: April 20, 2012, 08:34 AM »

I still love the photo of Chris and JediMac with PW.  Priceless!
Agreed

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4049 on: April 20, 2012, 04:59 PM »
Nothing beats Chris' look like, "Hey!  It's me!  Remember me?  You hate me and my site!  Hah!", and Philip just think it's people treating him like a celebretard.  And Matt's just loving the moment.  He's like Captain JMACrica.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77