Author Topic: 30AC #34 Darth Revan  (Read 13603 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Darth Revan
« Reply #15 on: December 5, 2006, 08:20 PM »
I don't know who he is either, but, man, that's nice  looking figure.  I'll buy one.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 5, 2006, 10:55 PM »
I don't know much about the character myself.  I know he is from the KOTOR video game...well I think so at least?  I thought he would be more articulated though.  I could be wrong but that dress makes it look like he may not be?  Eh, it's a proto so I should shut up I suppose.  Just saying.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: December 5, 2006, 11:31 PM »
The figure looks really good, still wish Yarna would have won.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: December 6, 2006, 01:58 AM »
I'm probably the king bitcher about articulation so I'm with you on that, but given the skirt on him, articulation from the waist down is pretty much waisted...  :(  I wouldn't (and I'm not by far) count on anything poseable below the waist...  The arms though bode well for this guy being about as super poseable as he can be. 

Softgoods that ornate wouldn't be easy for that skirt piece and cape...  That looks pretty complex to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 6, 2006, 09:35 AM »
Sharp looking figure. I'd complain about the skirt, which I'm sure will interfear with posability, but otherwise, very cool (for an EU character.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 6, 2006, 10:55 AM »
I'm not an EU hater... I just don't go too far outside of the movies. I'll be passing on him, but it means an extra one sitting on the pegs for you guys.

Just wanted to expand that I think it's great that Hasbro is branching out and doing some more EU for those that love it. I mean all the concept figures aren't techinically in the movie, but I love those... and I'm grateful to the Big H for that movie.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 6, 2006, 12:00 PM »
While I understand the purist in most Star Wars collecting, you'd gotta think that this Darth Raven is going to outsell the likes of your Gargas, Naboo "Soldiers", & Poggles all of which are canon, i.e. in the movies.  At my local Greatland Poggle is 3 deep on everypeg and all the other GH's are pegwarming as well.  So I have to think what kid or adult for that matter would pick up a Naboo "soldier" over a bad ass Sith.  I'm no means an EU freak I've never played the game the only thing I know about Raven is what I read on Wookpedia.  You also have to think a lot of the background characters like Cantina & Jabba's Palace are one step away form being EU anyway.  Half their backstories suck and the other half you only almost see waist up.  Most kids probably don't even remember them from the movie either.  Sorry for the rant :-\
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 6, 2006, 12:47 PM »
The likeness seems pretty dead-on.  I definitely like the sculpt.  But obviously the molded plastic robes are going to limit the poseability of this figure.  Still it looks like Hasbro is trying to make up for that by putting in ball jointed elbows and shoulders.

Now that this figure is on the way, it's really going to need some kind of a KOTOR companion piece.  Perhaps Darth Malak or Bastila?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: December 6, 2006, 04:15 PM »
Man, I'd love the whole series...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 6, 2006, 08:08 PM »
The likeness seems pretty dead-on.  I definitely like the sculpt.  But obviously the molded plastic robes are going to limit the poseability of this figure.  Still it looks like Hasbro is trying to make up for that by putting in ball jointed elbows and shoulders.

Now that this figure is on the way, it's really going to need some kind of a KOTOR companion piece.  Perhaps Darth Malak or Bastila?

yes, it REALLY does, that may be the ONLY negative i have found so far on this fig. No KOTOR companions. pretty dum, especially cuz hasblo probably isnt making any other KOTORs anytime soon.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 6, 2006, 09:01 PM »

yes, it REALLY does, that may be the ONLY negative i have found so far on this fig. No KOTOR companions. pretty dum, especially cuz hasblo probably isnt making any other KOTORs anytime soon.

Hopefully, with Hasbro realizing how popular Revan & KOTOR is, they'll make more. At the BARE MINIMUM we need Bastila, Carth, & some Sith Troopers/Officers.

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 7, 2006, 02:14 PM »
not a huge eu fan but raven does look good so i'll probably pick him up
Momar and Fester

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 7, 2006, 03:25 PM »
I hope they do more of this line KOTOR has great characters and aliens even ships.I
loved every minute of playing it HK-47 is also cool with his "meatbag" jokes.If you haven't played this game try it.The graphics on it is neat!I was enthralled.I dreamed of having figures of these. for a long time.i hope they do more
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2006, 05:56 AM »
i like it, i need more sith, and i think i can get it here, i will buy it, i think ;D
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 3, 2007, 06:59 PM »
I could go for a full wave of KOTOR figures, though I know that's not a good idea market wise.  It's smarter to sprinkle in the EU in the line here and there.  I would absolutely love it if in 2008, if in each wave there was a KOTOR character.

;)