Author Topic: Heroes on NBC  (Read 39620 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes on NBC
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2007, 05:46 PM »
I think the NUKE is caused by not one person but by 2 or even 3. I think the fight between Peter and Sylar cause the NUKE and perhaps they're melting down when Hiro freezes everything and stabs Sylar..who blows up-leaving it up to the next season to find out what happened of it. Shall we break down the powers between the 3 'heroes?'

Sylar                                     Peter                                                  Hiro

Freeze/cold power                   Everything Sylar has plus..                      Time/place alter
Super Hearing                         Invisibility                                            A cool sword
Radiation/heat                        Reading minds
Telechenetic ability                  Flight
Metal break down                    Invincibilty(unless brain attacked)
Artist future painter                 Time/place alter?
Librarian's memory                  -could Peter have the Haitan's Ability??
??

Advantage Peter, by a mile-which is why I never understand why he is always getting his ass handed to him-- Oh I forgot he doesn't have the Librarian ability so he can't remember all the things he can do and use them on Sylar :P? I guess it makes it entertainment(good TV) though to draw them up even in a fight.

We still don't know about the first couple folks Sylar killed and their talents...I guess the Ice ability is one we didn't know of until the last couple of episodes. Perhaps in the beginning ..was it 3rd episode? that they showed the 'board' where Mohinder pointed out how Sylar was killing others. Maybe he got his Ice from one of them..what else?

I'm glad the bastards in Linderman Corp(Incl. Linderman) got their asses kicked. I wonder though, about Linderman's heal ability......

I find it interesting that DL, Nikki and Micah never crossed paths with Peter... Imagine all the power he could have? Perhaps next year Peter will become the new villian?

DS

EDIT: I forgot Peter can take any ability from Sylar if Sylar uses it, so, NM on that comment.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 05:48 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2007, 08:42 AM »
Sylar took the ice power from one of Molly's parents when he killed them.  I like your theory about the cliffhangar.  If Peter does have the Haitian's powers and knows how to use them, he would be pretty much unstoppable and no way in Hell Sylar could even scratch him.  One thing that I just thought of last night about the explosion.  Hiro can freeze time and teleport people.  Why the Hell doesn't he just stop time right before the explosion occurs and teleport the "Exploding Man" to the desert?  His future self could have told him when and where to be.  I guess we will see on Monday how this all plays out.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2007, 10:31 AM »

I'm glad the bastards in Linderman Corp(Incl. Linderman) got their asses kicked. I wonder though, about Linderman's heal ability......

Thats what I felt when I watched this on Tivo last night. It was a strong episode, but shocking. It does suck to see DL as good as dead and slightly a bummer to know Candace is dead meat, she was getting interesting.

Anyone else noticed that Hayden (Claire) is becoming a progressively worse actress?

Im very excited for next week, it should be interesting!!!  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2007, 10:48 AM »
One thing that I just thought of last night about the explosion.  Hiro can freeze time and teleport people.  Why the Hell doesn't he just stop time right before the explosion occurs and teleport the "Exploding Man" to the desert?  His future self could have told him when and where to be. 

That sounds good except...how would Hiro grab Sylar? So maybe it's a 3 way group hug and time/space warp to the desert, because Hiro can't touch Sylar heating up or be killed -so maybe he grabs Peter, who can heal and he grabs 'the bomb' and they fly or warp to the desert? or the higher atmospheres? Hmmmm

Seems like Claire is becoming a less convincing actress to me too. Could it be they told her she would be killed soon, so she's less motivated to care? Or maybe this is purposeful- because the producers know she has a fanbase-so if they kill her off after a couple of off/down weeks of acting it may soften the load of a loss??

Hmmm can't wait for the final episode..and hopefully a 2 hour one to explain alot of stuff and to leave more cliffhangers for next season!

DS

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2007, 11:45 AM »
all of the actors are hit or miss.  especially parkman and mohinder.  yikes.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2007, 07:28 AM »
Sylar took the ice power from one of Molly's parents when he killed them.  I like your theory about the cliffhangar.  If Peter does have the Haitian's powers and knows how to use them, he would be pretty much unstoppable and no way in Hell Sylar could even scratch him.  One thing that I just thought of last night about the explosion.  Hiro can freeze time and teleport people.  Why the Hell doesn't he just stop time right before the explosion occurs and teleport the "Exploding Man" to the desert?  His future self could have told him when and where to be.  I guess we will see on Monday how this all plays out.

Why would Peter just grab Sylar and transport him...he would have Hiro's power if they ran into each other.

Plus, do we actually know if Peter has all of Sylar's abilities?  We haven't seen him use any.  He should have Sylar's ability to see how powers work.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2007, 10:15 AM »
Why would Peter just grab Sylar and transport him...he would have Hiro's power if they ran into each other.

Plus, do we actually know if Peter has all of Sylar's abilities?  We haven't seen him use any.  He should have Sylar's ability to see how powers work.

I don't know/haven't seen 2 powers used at once yet.

Yes, we have-how else was Peter able to throw Sylar across the room while he was floating in the air? Telechenesis much?

DS

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2007, 11:29 AM »
Telechenesis much?

I'm trying to quit.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2007, 02:15 PM »

Parkmans actually one f the better actors. I like that Audrey Hansen FBI character, too, and its nice to see her back. I hope they dont kill her off.

I wouldnt mind seeing Claire go, but DL...thats gonna be a bummer.  :(

I just realized that Im gonna be at the Grand Canyon next week, starting Monday, so Ill miss the finale by mere hours.  :'( Thank God for Tivo!!!   ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2007, 02:14 PM »

Parkmans actually one f the better actors. I like that Audrey Hansen FBI character, too, and its nice to see her back. I hope they dont kill her off.

I wouldnt mind seeing Claire go, but DL...thats gonna be a bummer.  :(

I just realized that Im gonna be at the Grand Canyon next week, starting Monday, so Ill miss the finale by mere hours.  :'( Thank God for Tivo!!!   ;D

Your favorite characters are Parkman, Audrey, & DL, but you would be okay with Claire getting bumped off?  What!?  We must be polar opposites.  ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2007, 02:36 AM »
Spoilers*******

On the 'Peter vision'  --You see Peter's brother approaching him in the end as it looks like Peter is going Nuclear. I think what happens here is Peter cannot control the rads power and his brother and him devise a plan to fly up into the outer atmospheres together to safely detonate the man-bomb while sacrificing themselves.

We'll see ;)

DS

How did I know? foresight ability much? Well, I was wrong about them devising a plan but the rest is close!

--The new villian they introduced kind-of that mollie said would see her; must be someone who took Sylar's body for study? Weird Hiro ending...was left saying huh? DL making it? cool!  Shapeshifter chick...is she dead? I liked Peter's tie in story about Simones' dad-- Don't really understand this ability that man had though.

DS

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2007, 08:56 AM »
Good call on that.  The finale was just okay IMO.  I guess I expected more bang or something.  Maybe I am also feeling like the layoff will nopt go by quickly enough.  I am sure Peter and Nathan will both show up again along with Sylar.  They could have and should have killed Parkman.  He is an idiot.  Glad to see Nikki knows she has the strength to use her strength.  No more Jessica.  I don't think Candace is dead, just knocked out.  I think that super villain Molly mentioned may be that Uluru that was shown in the comic book Micah read in one of the first episodes.  We will probably find out more about Simone's dad next season.  I think the reason it was called "Generations" is because we will see different groups of "Heroes" throughout the history.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2007, 11:19 AM »
If they kill-off Parkman, then this might be one way for them to do it.

They could go to the hospital to visit him- where he would be on the deathbed..where he tells mollie that, why he was lying there on the ground after being 'shot' by Sylar, he read the mind of the new bad-guy she fears and read into his plans perhaps with sylar or sylar's dead body. Then, he croaks.

I don't know how Nathan can be alive, I fear he is dead- unless.....he flew up there, released Peter in the high stratosphere then warped away so he wouldn't explode(since Nathan cannot heal). If they both live, Peter will be the new leader of the group with Nathan being the Manager/President with all the power to help the heroes. Will the mother join the villians' team?? That bitch- she plays a good part because I love to hate her.

DS

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2007, 11:24 AM »
so yeah...apparently peter can't combine powers...otherwise he'd have flown himself away, or time warped himself to safety....

so why then would he be able to simultaneously explode and heal?
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2007, 12:12 PM »
because itsa tv show and they can change the rules to make for better story :P