Author Topic: Heroes on NBC  (Read 39443 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes on NBC
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2007, 03:49 PM »
Didn't Peter use tk with invisibility when he and Isaac were fighting?  Maybe it was just invisibility.  I think he didn't fly himself or teleport himself was because he was in a panic and was just trying to not blow up.  The thing about him surviving the blast would be because Ted had no ill effects from the radiation, so Peter would also be immune to it.  plus, even if it did kill him, he would regenerate afterwards.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2007, 04:01 PM »
so yeah...apparently peter can't combine powers...otherwise he'd have flown himself away, or time warped himself to safety....

so why then would he be able to simultaneously explode and heal?

I don't think he needs to heal from exploding - Ted didn't have a healing power, but his body was immune to whatever bursts of energy he gave off.  NITRO from the Marvel comics series causes a massive explosion around himself, but the 3ft or so radius all around his body is a safe zone.  Call it personal shielding or some kind of physical defense against whatever power/energy he's creating.

That being said, he may be able to use multiple powers at once, but just doesn't know how.  Peter definitely has confidence issues about his powers and hasn't had much practice using any of them.  He seems to have the invisibility thing down, but he's worked a lot on that with the old-timer he got the power from.  Maybe he just lacks the control to use them at the same time in volume I.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2007, 07:39 PM »
I just saw this a couple days ago, I was on vacation so couldnt comment...

Next season will make or break this show, its sounds like itll either be awesome kickass OR painful and boring.

Its a bummer to see Parkman dead, esp. with his pregnant wife at home. I wonder if well see her and the baby again? On the 'five years into the future' episode they made it seem like they had powers.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2007, 08:58 AM »
I don't think Parkman can be counted out yet.  He was still alive at the end of the episode, but was in really bad shape.  We won't know for certain until the fall.  His kid will most likely have powers if that is truly his and not his ex-friend's.   

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2007, 07:29 PM »
I don't think Parkman can be counted out yet.  He was still alive at the end of the episode, but was in really bad shape.  We won't know for certain until the fall.  His kid will most likely have powers if that is truly his and not his ex-friend's.   

That would be such a sad, yet interesting, surprise, if it was his ex-friend's baby. I am nterested in Parkman and wife and baby the most now for the fall return.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 1, 2007, 08:36 AM »
I'm most interested in what happened to Peter.  He's by far the coolest character on the show.  That and I want to know what his mom's power is...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2007, 01:12 AM »
Anyone catch the episode tonight?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2007, 02:17 AM »
I seen it......phew!

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2007, 07:46 AM »
Glad to see that they have not lost their touch. Great episode! I was almost worried before watching it that it would be a slow start.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2007, 10:16 AM »
That was a GREAT episode.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Somewhat disappointed with Sulu's death, there were a lot more questions about his character that have gone unanswered.

I think Angela won't be around much longer either, which is a shame because that is an interesting character as well.

The illegal immigrant brother and sister were interesting as well. Who wants to bet that Claire's real mom (Meridith-lady who can start fire from fingers) will come in contact with them or help in some way? Last time we heard anything about her she was leaving for Mexico for unexplained reasons. Could she have gotten the little picture of herself with the mysterious symbol on it and fled?

I'm a little worried about the Kensei character and Hiro. The writers are gonna have to explain a lot about how history is fixed (or broken), let's just hope they execute it well and don't ruin the season.

And the company is still alive! This time, it's led by King Midas. Weird.  :-\

So, let the speculation begin: who's the hooded guy who was sent to kill Sulu? Someone we already know or some new bad guy? And did he survive the fall?

Great (Nikki-less  :()episode. I'd still like to see what happens to DL, and Kandace (shapeshifter), Invisible Guy, the Haitian, and Matt's wife and kid, who seemed to have powers at the end of the last season.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 10:18 AM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2007, 11:43 PM »
I loved it!  Great to see that *SPOILER ALERT* Nathan & Peter are still alive.  They're setting up a number of great subplots as usual, so should be a very interesting season.  Rumor is that the really really bad guy (the one worse than Sylar) with show up in Episode #5.   ;)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 2, 2007, 09:50 AM »
Another great episode last night. I thought for sure that **SPOILER ALERT** Angela was a goner. It's also good to see the Haitian back after like five episodes. But still no Nikki or Sylar!  :( I wonder if Claire's Nissan being gone was related to the stuff going on in the past in Japan? I'll be interested in seeing an explanation for that if that's the case.

EDIT: Oh, and how did HRG's wife have any idea who Nakamura was in that article? I found that very strange. Maybe she's the shapeshifter again...
« Last Edit: October 2, 2007, 09:52 AM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #147 on: October 2, 2007, 10:32 AM »
HRG shared all his secrets with his wife.  Thus she knows all about the Company and all the associated parties.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 2, 2007, 04:38 PM »
Hmm....I didn't know that he shared all the secrets with her.  So-just what is the power of the twins???
Beth

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #149 on: October 2, 2007, 05:24 PM »
He turns into forms of water, and she turns into animals...

Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj