Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 145074 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1500 on: June 20, 2004, 12:52 PM »
All you can do is give it a try Scott. Looks good.  8)

I wonder if you can stand them up lengthwise?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 12:53 PM by DSJ™ »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1501 on: June 20, 2004, 01:18 PM »
Yeah you can...you can't hang them on the wall on end though

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1502 on: June 20, 2004, 02:49 PM »
Love the new avatar Dale!   8)

Interesting cases there Scott.  I look forward to seeing them in action.  I'm too lazy to click the link, so what'd they run you each?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1503 on: June 20, 2004, 03:52 PM »
$7 a piece

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1504 on: June 21, 2004, 08:32 PM »
Just got my Droids R2's today from Simon.  They are beautiful.  Thanks Simon.  Now I'm just waiting for Kozik to get back to me on when he wants to ship.   :)  

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1505 on: June 21, 2004, 09:34 PM »
Just got my Droids R2's today from Simon.  They are beautiful.  Thanks Simon.  Now I'm just waiting for Kozik to get back to me on when he wants to ship.   :)  

R2's? More the one eh? :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1506 on: June 22, 2004, 12:31 AM »
I think Jon's trading 'em to that Kozik fella for his carded Sandie...  That right Jon?  If so, cool deal.  Will that get you totally complete again once the Sandie arrives?  Dale, when's yours coming?  It's a race to Kubrick King status (if but only briefly before the title is shared again).

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1507 on: June 22, 2004, 01:36 AM »
Dale, when's yours coming?  It's a race to Kubrick King status (if but only briefly before the title is shared again).

Soon!  

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1508 on: June 22, 2004, 08:28 AM »
It may end up being a while for me. I've no money, as I havent got paid by my employer in about a month, and he now owes me about $5,000.00.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1509 on: June 22, 2004, 09:05 AM »
I got one from Simon for myself and the other to trade for the carded Sandtrooper.  I never got the carded Fett or the Variant Fett's, but other than that I will be complete.  To be honest, even if I had the money I doubt I would get the Fett's.  The regular is enough to keep me happy.  The vinyl Fett and the Droids Fett on the other hand I am definitely keeping an eye out for.  

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1510 on: June 22, 2004, 10:48 PM »
What do you guys think of the $58.99 price + $16 shipping for the speederbike set?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48972&item=5905697735&rd=1

I can't recall what the going price was on this set a while back.

On a side note, I am really trying to lank me an Early Bird Set, but frugality keeps getting the best of me.  Soon very soon ;D.

I love the next series overall, but have some gripes about the height of the ewoks etc.  Can't wait to nab these though since I don't think I'll be going after the carded figures due to their price on the secondary market.

-DaBigKahuna-
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 10:49 PM by DaBigKahuna »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1511 on: June 22, 2004, 10:58 PM »
What do you guys think of the $58.99 price + $16 shipping for the speederbike set?

That's not too bad Matthew, but I think if you're willing to wait another month or two, you could probably get it for about $10 less.  There's been a TON of them up on eBay, all in the $60's range, and NONE of them are selling.  So eventually the sellers are going to have to drop the price to a point where folks are interested in this piece.  I'd guess you could scoop one up for around $50 soon, plus save another buck or two on that shipping.

I've seen a few of the Early Bird sets dropping to around $100 of late, so that's gonna save you about $25 or more by the time you snag one of them too.

Good luck M!

P.S.  You move yet?  Can't remember the date you told us the other night...

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1512 on: June 22, 2004, 11:15 PM »
It looks like the Spirit Obi-Wan, Bespin Han, etc. are indeed going to be a box set.  C3PO and the others will be series 3.  I wonder what the price tag will be on the box set?  I would also assume it will be a collector's club only item just like the Early Bird and the Speederbike set.  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1513 on: June 22, 2004, 11:16 PM »
End of this week for Matt to move, I think.  Yikes :o

No response from Andy to my paypal complaint yet, or to my emails.  I'm guessing I'm not getting my R2.  That's bad in one respect, but it will kill my desire to go after other chase figures, at least carded ones, so it will save me some cash.  I may go after the loose Fett twins, but that's about where it would end.  

And after some time to chew on the new series, I think they suck.  Not just because I don't like Ewoks but because I see this as a move away from a respectful position regarding the SW movies.  No Vader, Yoda or Emperor?  No logic there.  Yeah, if they show as chase pieces, fine.  But explain the logic of two Ewoks before those figures, never mind fairly obscure droids?  One yes, two no.  AT-AT driver?  Cool figure, but now?  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1514 on: June 23, 2004, 02:11 AM »
No response from Andy to my paypal complaint yet, or to my emails.  I'm guessing I'm not getting my R2.

No responce on my end of the emails either. Remember gang, Friday is negative day for Andy.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 02:12 AM by DSJ™ »