Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 298800 times)

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2007, 09:53 PM »
I just got an Endor Han and Blue Senate Guard in from an ebay win.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2007, 08:50 AM »
Got a Series 4 Han in Stormtrooper disguise figure to replace the custom one I got from Stealthtank on KN a while back.  This one is 100% intact and looks really good next to his buddy Luke.  Now if only I could get my hands on a Mail Away set so that I could put Chewie in between them...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2007, 07:39 PM »
Got a Blue Snaggletooth in from Padawan. Waiting on Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise from ebay.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 07:40 PM by Outkast34 »

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 24, 2007, 04:52 PM »
Luke in Stormtrooper gear came today, and his buddy Han is waiting for me at the post office.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 04:52 PM by Outkast34 »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 24, 2007, 06:13 PM »
I got my most recent eBay wins today.  With the Emperor in my hands now.  I've completed the 7 series basic collection.  I'm also 2 figures (Snowtrooper and Luke/Yoda) and one box set (Leia/Luke Speeder) short of getting all the boxed ones too.  Merry Christmas!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 25, 2007, 07:44 AM »
Wow Brent, that was some quick work putting the collection together! Congrats!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 25, 2007, 01:28 PM »
Wow Brent, that was some quick work putting the collection together! Congrats!

Thanks... it was a busy and expensive 3 months (2.5 really).  I financed the whole deal selling off Hasbro products (and I've still got a Hasbro collection that you could choke on).  I've got a custom display case on order, I hope to get it next week actually and then I'll post pictures of everything.

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 1, 2008, 11:32 AM »
Busy week for me in the mail. I got my 2004 TRU boxset and Han Stormie in the mail from ebay wins. And I got the Max Rebo set, Luke and Leia Speederbike set, and the other Cantina Band member I needed. A nice little Christmas gift to me!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 2, 2008, 03:34 PM »
Haven't updated things in a while...  I recently bought a bunch of 'fodder' figures for more customs (IG-88, Luke X-Wing, Hoth Han, Red Royal Guards, Ceremony Luke).  I also sealed a deal with someone over at Kubrick Nation for the Series 4 Luke/Vader chase, Series 5 Walrusman chase, 3 Series 2 Cantina Band members, Series 4 Bespin Luke and Series 4 Emperor.  Lastly, I got the Matrix Reloaded Keymaker chase figure off ebay.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 2, 2008, 05:56 PM »
I just got word that my Custom display case is being shipped today or tomorrow.  I've giddy over this as I'll finally have a Spouse-approved SW display in my house.  That's a big step for me.  Really big step.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 3, 2008, 04:30 PM »
I just got shipping confirmation on my custom case - its will arrive on Monday.  I am Sith is trying to convince me to work from home that day so that I can get it installed right away.

I'm a bit nervous now, the shipping box weighs 23 pounds.  I hope it doesn't destroy my wall.  It wouldn't be spouse-approved anymore if it did!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 3, 2008, 10:58 PM »

I'm a bit nervous now, the shipping box weighs 23 pounds.  I hope it doesn't destroy my wall.  It wouldn't be spouse-approved anymore if it did!

If it doesn't match up with the wall studs exactly, just build a quick frame for it to mount to and screw it into the studs for sure.  You can paint whatever amount of frame is needed to match the wall and it wouldn't really be noticeable.  I don't know the dimensions, but I'm thinking 23 pounds into just drywall maybe not so good.  Might be ok as long as you hit one side into a stud, top and bottom, but still a bit risky. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 4, 2008, 11:30 AM »
I'm hoping the actual weight is less than 23 lbs!  That doesn't even have any Kubes either.  The overall dimensions are 27" high and 39" wide and 2" deep.  Its made from acrylic with a mirrored back finish.  It will have 160 slots.  It is drilled for mounting and will come with mounting hardware.

My other problem is that in my infinitely short sighted lack of wisdom on all things building, we had the commercial grade metal studs used to finish the basement.  I let the contractor talk me into it and never considered the possibility of hanging something this size onto the drywall.   :-\   

Your idea about buiding a backing on the front is a good idea.  I may have to have someone far more experienced in building things come over to my house and make a few suggestions.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2008, 11:33 AM by BrentS »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 7, 2008, 09:01 PM »
My Custom Case has arrived.  Another new arrival today is my Luke/Yoda figure.  They wanted to give a visual tour:

Yoda: "Judge me not by my size"

Yoda: "Well packed, this shipment is"

Yoda: "Strong display cabinet this vendor makes"

Luke: "But Master, How will we every hang it on the wall?"

Yoda: "Hard to see the future is"

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 7, 2008, 09:25 PM »
 Nice Case.  Who did you order it through?