Author Topic: 24  (Read 72935 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 24
« Reply #330 on: March 23, 2010, 12:32 AM »
Tonight was definitely this season's "I call bull****" moment.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 23, 2010, 12:35 AM »
The season started showing some promise (minus the Dana parts) with the suicide bomber and his death scene.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 23, 2010, 08:13 AM »
Tonight was definitely this season's "I call bull****" moment.

I agree....seems to be the most incompetent mole ever.  What has she really done to help the terrorists, especially while she had to deal with her ex for half of the season.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 23, 2010, 11:57 PM »
I love 24 and will usually defend the show up and down..... But I hated the "twist" this week with Dana as the Mole.  Hated it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 24, 2010, 01:12 AM »
I don't know, I thought it was okay for a twist - had there not been so many moles in the past.  I figured she was screwed up in the head, but didn't expect this at least.  So, it was at least a surprise.

I think with her, her plans were completely screwed up when her ex-boyfriend showed up which is what had kept her occupied so far - but, it seems like they're trying to make her the next Nina Myers - which can't be done.  There's only one Nina - which was the best villain on the show ever in my opinion.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 24, 2010, 02:23 AM »
I think with her, her plans were completely screwed up when her ex-boyfriend showed up which is what had kept her occupied so far - but, it seems like they're trying to make her the next Nina Myers - which can't be done.  There's only one Nina - which was the best villain on the show ever in my opinion.

I agree about the whole Nina angle....but they cannot replicate that one.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 24, 2010, 10:43 AM »

I agree about the whole Nina angle....but they cannot replicate that one.

I believe they messed up when they killed her off so early in the show's run. She would have made an excellent arch-villain to Jack. She could have been behind the scenes, make an appearance now and then. Besides, it was never resolved to whom she was speaking German to at the end of Season 1. So  who was ultimately behind it all there?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 24, 2010, 10:09 PM »
I disagree.  I think her character had run it's course.  Glad they killed her off.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #338 on: March 26, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 27, 2010, 01:05 AM »
The groundbreaking action drama will air its final real-time episode in May, the victim of a confluence of circumstances: a swelling budget, declining ratings and creative fatigue.

Like using the same plot devices every episode? Moles, moles moles?

I'm not surprised to hear they are cancelling '24'. I think they just exhausted all ideas and couldn't find anything more to do. It's sad because there a lot of seasons that were great and others that were left lacking.... like this season. And it's evident. I'll miss Jack on Mondays though.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 30, 2010, 06:44 PM »
Cancelled

Creative fatigue?  yeah..no doubt.  I liked it from the get go, but it felt like almost watching the same "hour" over and over again these past few seasons.  I'd be game to see a 24 movie, but it's too bad they couldn't come up with a new plot to keep the show fresh.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 13, 2010, 10:01 AM »
God.  Damn. It.  I am so pissed with the way last night's episode turned out.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 13, 2010, 11:05 AM »
Me, too. I thought keeping Renee alive so she and Jack could live out their days would be a great ending. Both mentally ****** and so right for each other. Two heroes dead in the span of an hour. More bad writing this season.

I was right about Logan. Not dead.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 11:07 AM by P-Siddy »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 13, 2010, 12:15 PM »
I was commenting to my wife when we were watching last night that it was a pretty quiet episode for Jack then everything changed in the last 10 minutes.  I wasn't happy as I really thought Jack was finally going to close out this season with some happiness.  Guess not. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 13, 2010, 12:36 PM »
I was pissed at the ending too, because I really liked Renee a lot.  But really, that's what makes this show so damn addicting.  You never know who is safe and who is not (other than Jack). 

It just makes the whole character of Jack Bauer all the more tragic - and makes you really want something to go right for him... and how about the new temporary director of CTU?