Author Topic: 30AC "Vintage" Wave  (Read 138164 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
30AC "Vintage" Wave
« on: January 24, 2007, 08:33 AM »

Hoth Han Solo
Snowtrooper
IG-88
Bossk
Bespin Luke
Endor Leia

Discuss.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 11:03 AM by Jeff »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC VTAC Figure Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 08:53 AM »
Oh wow!  I must have missed this somewhere.  Well IG-88 looks totally badass is my first impression.  I hope Han comes with a removeable, or attacheable hood.  Finally and SA Snowtrooper.  Bossk is fine but I may not buy him just because he looks just like the last version (who am I kidding?  I'll get him in the end).  Luke has a funky looking face there (what else is new?).  I like the soft goods Leia poncho. 

The winner of the group, for me, looks to be IG-88 surprisingly. 

I take my luke comment back.  I finally blew up each one individually.  They all look great for the most part.  Some more money coming your way Hasbro.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 09:07 AM by Darth Broem »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 09:14 AM »
Now that is a Hoth Han Solo......

Lovin that whole wave (although, I'm not too hip on bounty Hunters)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 09:20 AM »
Wow, this wave looks pretty great to me.  The "vintage" collection is the part I look forward to the most each year, and this year will be no different.  My favorite of the wave is the Hoth Han Solo, I always hoped we'd get an all new, SA version of that figure.  I'm curious what the hood will be like, if it can be put "up or down".  Bespin Luke is another one I've been hoping for, and I'm glad that rumor panned out.  The whole wave looks good actually, and IG-88 even looks interesting - which I didn't think would happen necessarily.  Endor Leia is another needed main character resculpt, and it looks nice.  Not thrilled about Bossk at this point - but I know I'll pick it up.  The figure looks fine, just looks a lot like the last one (but with more articulation).  Overall though, big thumbs up on this wave, can't wait for it to hit.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 10:07 AM »
Hopefully Toy Fair will give us better pics of the Hoth Han and others.

And of course we get to revisit the Blue or Brown on his coat debate...let the (un)civil war begin!!!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 10:21 AM »
Han looks outstanding. Great sculpt.

I want to say the same thing about the Snowtrooper, but his stance looks a bit too wide and the cut of the front of his "skirt" looks off. Otherwise, he looks a 100% better than any Snowtrooper before him.

IG-88 looks amazing.

Bossk looks pretty good.

Luke, he looks okay, I'll bet the picture isn't doing him justice.

Leia look great.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC "Vintage" Figures Thread
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 10:35 AM »
I cannot wait for Toy Fair and larger better pictures of all the stuff that is leaking today!   ;D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 10:53 AM »
Now, is Han in a brown coat or blue one??  ;)

These look excellent. Love the bounty hunters and the Snowtrooper. Han looks cool too. Will have to check out Luke and Leia closer... now why couldn't this have been the wave to get the Lucas trooper??
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 10:55 AM by Darth Vlad »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 10:58 AM »
I want to say the same thing about the Snowtrooper, but his stance looks a bit too wide and the cut of the front of his "skirt" looks off. Otherwise, he looks a 100% better than any Snowtrooper before him.

I am hoping this is like the Sand Person from last year, where a little Collector attention can get it to fit/look better.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Larger pics for reference...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 11:28 AM »
I like Bossk and IG-88 just fine but these two seem really unecessary.  The other 4 though look great. 

Han
The coat looks a brownish and to me that is good enough, great headsculpt, a little odd they picked Hoth over Bespin but I'd take either

Luke
Bespin Luke was my favorite vintage figure and the previous 2 modern efforts were both lacking (or adding a huge ass button on the ass).  I am glad as hell they did not muck it up with Softgoods.  This looks like a wet dream come true

Leia
Nice looking, poncho looks a bit bulky, I'll need two for a General Leia figure

Snowtrooper
The cloth skirt sucks total major league skank ass.  Come on ::)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 11:43 AM »
The snowtrooper looks wonderful.  My first urge is to trim the kama around the pelvic area to make it look like it's emerging from under the armor.  I'll probably do that.  This looks like it's following nicely in the tradition of the scout and stormie VOTCs.  36 please, thanks.

Han looks great.  BADLY needed.  As previously mentioned, a hood that snaps on would be stellar.

Luke looks good.  Curious to see how much it looks like Mark Hamill though cuz this one is kinda blurry and Hasbro has really struggled in the past, just like it has with Samuel L. Jackson and Carrie Fisher.

Bossk is kinda unnecessary but I'll snag one.

IG-88 looks great.  Love the free sculpted wires shooting' all over the place.  Hope it's 14 points.

Leia looks like she's in stirrups or squatting and giving birth.  Looks designed to sit on a bike?

All in all, great wave.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 11:47 AM »
I love it - every bit of it.  None of them are unnecessary IMO - since my hope is still that they eventually re-do every vintage figure in this style.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 11:50 AM »
Meesa want them all !

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 12:36 PM »
 :o  :o  :o

A Hoth Han that doesn't suck?  (waits for other shoe to drop).  I'm in shock about this.  I really thought they'd just put out a Bespin Han that was last year's Endor Han with a new cloth jacket.  Amazing.

Snowtrooper: Yay, but... what the hell is with that skirt, and that leg stance?

IG-88 is the most surprising.  I was the least excited for him, but he turned out great (a Hasbro trend: airball the homerun figs like the Snowwtrooper, and knock the blah ones like IG-88 out of the park).

Bossk: Looks great, but so did the 97 version.  I'll get it, since I'm ordering a case.   :)

Bespin Luke: Looks great.  The head is funky, but that may be just the lighting.

Endor Leia: Also great, and also about time.