Author Topic: Hasbro 30AC Overload Already?  (Read 20036 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 30AC Overload Already?
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2007, 03:49 PM »
Good to revive this topic Brian - you saw my comments in Watto's Junk Yard.  Its scary how much time and money are spent on these figures.  I'm seriously debating giving it all up.

Yeah, I saw your comments at Yak too.  I understand where you're coming from on there being too much stuff.  I'm not quite to that point, but it has crossed my mind before.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2007, 03:58 PM »
Yeah, like I've mentioned before, I doubt I could ever give it up totally - but there are times I start looking at what I could cut back on, or drop, just because the spending (and space) issues get to be a lot to deal with.  I was just looking over what's left for this year - just in the basic line - and it seems like a lot for the last two and a half months of the year.  Just looking at things that could/should ship before Dec. 31:

Wave 7 (5 figures)
Wave 8 (7 figures)
Wave 9 (6 figures)

*EE Exclusive Elite Force Pack (14 figures)

*Comic Packs - 6 regular and 3 WM exclusives (if I remember correctly)

*Vehicles - TIE Bomber (Target), ARC 170 Clone Wars (Target), Obi-Wan Kenobi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring (TRU), Anakin Starfighter (Green), Obi-Wan Starfighter (Blue), AT-AP (maybe Jan?), Grievous Starfighter (maybe Jan?)

*Battle Packs - Clone Attack on Coruscant, Hunt for Gen. Grievous, Betrayal on Bespin, ARC 170 Battle Pack (Target), "Ultimate" Hoth Battle Pack (Target), "Ultimate" Endor Battle Pack (Target)

*WM Exclusive Max Rebo Band Sets

I'm sure there are a few things I'm missing, and I'm certainly not picking up all of this - but probably the majority of it - and that's a heck of a lot of stuff to try to afford during the holiday season (not to mention if you collect anything outside of the 3 3/4" Star Wars line).  Just buying one of each of the things listed above (not counting extras or things I'm missing) would be over $600 worth of stuff in just over two months - yikes.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 04:00 PM by Brian »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2007, 04:39 PM »
Well, a lot of that stuff I'll most likely pass on thankfully -

- EE Exclusive Elite Force Pack
- TIE Bomber
- ARC 170 Clone Wars
- Obi-Wan Kenobi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring
- Anakin Starfighter
- Clone Attack on Coruscant
- Hunt for Gen. Grievous
- Betrayal on Bespin
- ARC 170 Battle Pack
- "Ultimate" Endor Battle Pack
- Max Rebo Band Sets

That's a lot of money and space saved.  And most of it's repacks anyway.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 04:40 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2007, 06:48 PM »
Ha! Overload? Not here. More like drought.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2007, 07:07 AM »
Yeah, like I've mentioned before, I doubt I could ever give it up totally - but there are times I start looking at what I could cut back on, or drop, just because the spending (and space) issues get to be a lot to deal with.  I was just looking over what's left for this year - just in the basic line - and it seems like a lot for the last two and a half months of the year.  Just looking at things that could/should ship before Dec. 31:

Wave 7 (5 figures)
Wave 8 (7 figures)
Wave 9 (6 figures)

*EE Exclusive Elite Force Pack (14 figures)

*Comic Packs - 6 regular and 3 WM exclusives (if I remember correctly)

*Vehicles - TIE Bomber (Target), ARC 170 Clone Wars (Target), Obi-Wan Kenobi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring (TRU), Anakin Starfighter (Green), Obi-Wan Starfighter (Blue), AT-AP (maybe Jan?), Grievous Starfighter (maybe Jan?)

*Battle Packs - Clone Attack on Coruscant, Hunt for Gen. Grievous, Betrayal on Bespin, ARC 170 Battle Pack (Target), "Ultimate" Hoth Battle Pack (Target), "Ultimate" Endor Battle Pack (Target)

*WM Exclusive Max Rebo Band Sets

I'm sure there are a few things I'm missing, and I'm certainly not picking up all of this - but probably the majority of it - and that's a heck of a lot of stuff to try to afford during the holiday season (not to mention if you collect anything outside of the 3 3/4" Star Wars line).  Just buying one of each of the things listed above (not counting extras or things I'm missing) would be over $600 worth of stuff in just over two months - yikes.

Okay from what you listed I'll only get these:
Wave 7 (5 figures) case
Wave 8 (7 figures) case
Wave 9 (6 figures) case

*EE Exclusive Elite Force Pack (14 figures)-waiting for this to clearance, and if it doesn't, I won't lose sleep if I never get it.

*Comic Packs - 6 regular and 3 WM exclusives (if I remember correctly) one of each, plus a couple extras for army builders.

*Vehicles - ARC 170 Clone Wars (Target), Obi-Wan Kenobi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring (TRU), AT-AP X3 (maybe Jan?), Grievous Starfighter (maybe Jan?)

*Battle Packs - Clone Attack on Coruscant, ARC 170 Battle Pack (Target), "Ultimate" Hoth Battle Pack (Target) ONLY 1 but if they clearance then two more, "Ultimate" Endor Battle Pack (Target)-ONLY ONE on clearance

dang, that's too much stuff...well this is my last big year for collecting, so I'll go out with a bang. I've been plannign for a couple of years now to dwindle down my buying habits. I'm cutting my SW budget in half in 2008 then half again in 2009. After that my total spending on SW will only be 10 percent of what it was in 2007.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2007, 09:08 AM »
I'm definitely feeling the overload. The way the timing works, there's always something to be looking out for and it kind of drives me nuts. Like I keep saying, I'm scaling back in '08, hope it makes a difference.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2007, 02:38 PM »
Lots of different product, but I'm rarely finding product I actually want.  All I am mostly interested in for the rest of the year are the McQuarrie's and R4-I9, that is it.  I finally got a McVader and had to end up getting a UGH Chewie as I never saw a regular one (which I would have preferred).  I lucked out with McStormie and McFett getting them through HTS.  The ONLY McQuarrie figure I have found at retail was UGH Chewbacca.  I am loving the pegwarming DST's as I may be able to get more should they ever go on clearance (I already have 6).

So yes there seems to be an overload of product coming out, but there seems to be a definite shortage of the product I am hunting for.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2007, 03:31 PM »
I do not feel too overloaded, its the army building that got my collection out of control. I actually have to "manage" my collection to keep it in check. I am not a MOC collecter and I am very specific in the Clones I army build with. The variations of all the Legends stuff is a bit of a pain and is enough to make anyone feel overloaded. If it was not for ordering online I would feel very frustrated because waves 3-6 were not plentiful.

Guys keep in mind the Clone wars product that will be coming, it will be very hard to cut back when the products keep getting better. The AT-TE will be the down fall of all of us. The space it will take up, I already want 2 if they make it. This is a tough hobby to walk away from.

For the first time this year I found a newish product that I am passing on in the 3.75 line: The Target At-Rt set, I think its so stupid & the TRU Arena set. I am happy to see items I am not compelled to get for once. I am also close to passing on the Space Whale Arc. I only want the R2 unit in the Battle pack or else I would pass on that too. Knowing me I will buy the ARC but not open it until I decide.

I rather be overloaded than underloaded with product. Options are always good, keep that in mind.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2007, 04:00 PM »
Don't worry JackofTradze, your new wife will be "managing" your buying habbits very soon.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2007, 04:59 PM »
Actually buying is not the issue she will manage time once little ones come along full time. I run a ebay business that pays for my hobby among other things. I can spend it however I wish but when time is managed I will be forced to slow up.

So in essence....you are right.......  :'(
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2007, 10:23 AM »
Scums resident Target expert/manager is saying that it looks like that all of the Target exclusives are due between Thanksgiving and Christmas. That's 2 $60 BP's, the TIE Bomber, ARC 170, it's accomanying BP and the At-Rt BP. That's insane. How are supposed to have anything left to spend on our kids? ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2007, 10:32 AM »
Funny, I was just starting a topic about the Target exclusives.  Its going to be a crazy month plus there, and I'm wondering where they are going to be putting all of those exclusives.  I feel bad for anyone who is picking all of them up, right around Christmas shopping time - yikes.  I'm scared enough about trying to find/afford the ones I want to get.

Actually, even beyond Target there is just a ton of stuff on the way the last two months.  We've got other exclusive GH packs at WM (and TRU, but those are already out), then there's the Max Rebo band sets and the exclusive comic packs at WM, then we've got the EE Mandalorian/Elite Forces sets as well.  Not to mention the "normal" stuff, which continues to be released at a breakneck pace it seems.  Hopefully things are spread out a bit more next year, its difficult to handle all of this right at the peak of Christmas shopping time as well :).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 10:49 AM by Brian »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2007, 11:47 AM »
I do not feel too overloaded, its the army building that got my collection out of control. I actually have to "manage" my collection to keep it in check. I am not a MOC collecter and I am very specific in the Clones I army build with. The variations of all the Legends stuff is a bit of a pain and is enough to make anyone feel overloaded. If it was not for ordering online I would feel very frustrated because waves 3-6 were not plentiful.

Guys keep in mind the Clone wars product that will be coming, it will be very hard to cut back when the products keep getting better. The AT-TE will be the down fall of all of us. The space it will take up, I already want 2 if they make it. This is a tough hobby to walk away from.

For the first time this year I found a newish product that I am passing on in the 3.75 line: The Target At-Rt set, I think its so stupid & the TRU Arena set. I am happy to see items I am not compelled to get for once. I am also close to passing on the Space Whale Arc. I only want the R2 unit in the Battle pack or else I would pass on that too. Knowing me I will buy the ARC but not open it until I decide.

I rather be overloaded than underloaded with product. Options are always good, keep that in mind.

Wow, you practically mirrored my thoughts on this too. I'm passing on a lot more stuff than I ever have. Army building got me too. Now looking back on it and seeing how many figures I have has made me seriously slow down on the army building. With exception to the correct Kashyyyk clone next year, I'm basically done with large army building and at most will only get a squad of 5 of an army builder if I like it.

I do plan on buying two of the ARC Whale figure sets and won't need the R2, so I'll trade/sell it to you. This way you can save on the decision to buy the whole set.

Oh and I agree about the AT-TE. I wanted 3 of these, but with the rumored price of over $100, that will keep me safely at 1, and only a 2nd or 3rd if the price drops.
-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2007, 12:22 PM »
The good news means, with all those exclusives hitting at once, they are guaranteed to hit clearance quickly too :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2007, 12:25 PM »
I think I'm going stay on this crazy ride until after the Unleashed stuff hits.....Then I'm going to step out of collecting and I may just end up selling the majority of my collection.  I'm almost completely out of room and it just isn't making sense to me anymore even though Hasbro has kicked it up a notch on their sculpting.  I just can't handle the sheer volume of product anymore.  I think this Legends line was really the catalyst that caused so many of us to rethink the way we collect.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN