Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto IV  (Read 16152 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2008, 11:46 PM »
Picked up my SE version yesterday. I love it. The gameplay is alot better than San Andreas.
I remember my dream now.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #46 on: May 1, 2008, 11:44 AM »
I had a GREAT laugh-out-loud moment last night.  I was driving around, smashing into cars.  I hit this SUV and knocked it on it's side, and just sort of sat there and held it sideways.  The driver opened up the passenger side door, climbed out, stood up on top of the car and declared to the world in a roaring voice, "Now I am truly f*cked!"
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 1, 2008, 12:48 PM »
I played at least twenty games of bowling last night trying to get a Turkey, and just can't do it. Anyone else gone for this achievement yet? I've been able to get two in a row a few times, but every time I go for the third I always leave one pin standing. Everything online says to use the left-most lane and take two steps to the left then throw as straight as possible, but nine times out of ten I just end up with a split. So frustrating! (Loving the game though)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #48 on: May 1, 2008, 12:54 PM »
Wasn't impressed with the bowling.  Is there a way to get your ball to roll faster?

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 1, 2008, 04:03 PM »
Pull back and then go forward in a quicker motion to throw the ball faster.  I lost my game to Michelle.  And I wasn't about to pay to play again.  I just met the girl!!!!  :o
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 2, 2008, 11:32 PM »
Pull back and then go forward in a quicker motion to throw the ball faster.  I lost my game to Michelle.  And I wasn't about to pay to play again.  I just met the girl!!!!  :o

You only have to pay once. It's not for every game. As for the Gobble Gobble achievement, I actually got it today. It was kind of a pain but the game is too much fun to get frustrated with.
I remember my dream now.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #51 on: May 4, 2008, 09:59 PM »
So I was driving Lenny's car around after shooting Lenny.  Fantastic car, BTW.  I got into a few wrecks, as I pretty much always do.  After a bit I noticed that my car wouldn't stay on the road.  It kept pulling to the right, and I had to compensate by pulling my analog stick to the left as I accelerated.  So I stopped, and swung the camera around the car to take a look.  It turns out one of the wrecks badly bent my front-passenger wheel, so it was sitting at about a 20-degree angle from where it should have been.  I don't know if that was a scripted thing, or if the engine was calculating the actual physics.  If the latter... talk about awesome!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 5, 2008, 03:10 AM »
Thanks for the spoiler.
I remember my dream now.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #53 on: May 5, 2008, 04:11 PM »
You never hear about Lenny before the mission briefing, and you don't have a choice but to kill him.  So not much spoiler there.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 6, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Bad BillCable!!!  Um....who's Lenny again?

-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 6, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Homer: The coolant tank just blew and they're taking Lenny to the hospital.
Marge: Oh, no, not Lenny -- not Lenny!

http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2008, 03:44 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the radio stations this time around.  mostly b/c I don't any of the music.  I usually turn the radio off when playing missions as to not miss any of the conversations.

My fav station would have to be WKTT tho.  I lvoed the previous talk radio station on Vice City and III.  The Richard Bastion Show had me cracking up and only took my wife less than 5 seconds to realize it was a Rush-knock off.   ;D

I'll post part of the transcript in the Sarlacc Pit.  here is the LINK to the transcript.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 04:05 PM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2008, 07:37 PM »
'Grand Theft Auto' yields road to the 'Lost and Damned'

By Mike Snider, USA TODAY
The upcoming episode of the video game Grand Theft Auto IV looks to be a wild one.

GTA IV, which was released in April for the Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3, focused on former Eastern European soldier Niko Bellic and his escalating life of crime in the boroughs of Liberty City. This new episode, available Feb. 17 via download exclusively for those who own the Xbox 360 version (no price yet), stars Johnny Klebitz, a member of Liberty City biker gang The Lost.

"Johnny is a very different character than Niko, with a very different background," says Dan Houser, vice president of creative development for Rockstar Games. "I can't go into too much detail on the story, because we try not to give away too much plot before the game is released. But I can say that the story will show you a different side of Liberty City."

The episode, titled The Lost and Damned, requires players to have the full version of the Mature-rated GTA IV (ages 17 and older) and an Xbox Live membership to download. It's likely to carry an M rating, too. (Parents can use the Xbox 360's parental controls to prevent children from accessing inappropriate content.)

GTA IV is the top video game this year; nearly two-thirds of the 5 million copies sold have been for Xbox 360, according to The NPD Group.

In the original game, Niko crossed paths with The Lost several times. This time, Niko has only a bit part, Houser says. "The story is not directly impacted by decisions you took in the main game," he says. But "tons of details and mysteries from the main story get explained, so it will add a lot of color to the main story."

'Damned' will offer hours of gameplay, not just extras

Rockstar Games has been fine-tuning its explorable 3-D virtual worlds since launching its first "sandbox" game with Grand Theft Auto III in 2001.

The new game will let you download more sandbox time. "We feel like we've only scratched the surface in terms of the depth and detail in" GTA IV's mythical Liberty City, says Houser.

Previous games have used downloads to add "new stages, weapons and costumes," says GamePro Media features editor Dave Rudden, "but GTA IV's content will reportedly add hours of gameplay."

Rudden hopes the episode costs $15 or less, but Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter expects a $20 price and says Rockstar could sell 2 million to 3 million downloads. "I see episodic content as a natural progression of the quality of downloadable content."
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2009, 01:01 PM »
Anyone get the new DLC yet?

Joystiq reviews The Lost and Damned

I haven't, but I'll probably snag it this weekend.  Finally finished the main game just a couple days ago, after not having played it since last summer.  Figured I oughta at least finish the main game before I blew $20 on an add-on for it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 01:03 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2009, 03:32 AM »
A year later but I finally picked up GTA4 a few days ago. I had some store credit at Game Crazy and the guy talked me into the Special Edition, which is pretty cool, so I ended up paying around $15 after tax. I just got to the part where Dimitri betrays you and you have to "start all over". Pretty fun game so far but I'm sure I'll like it a lot more once I get used to the new steering system.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks