Author Topic: 2008 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58329 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2008 rumors...
« Reply #15 on: April 8, 2007, 02:45 PM »
That's what's great about good ole 42N...Bom Vimdin was on the radar last time...now...not :P

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: April 9, 2007, 09:59 AM »
Well i hope this years rumors tend to be more than false. Yarna being on there is always nice as are the ewok with wokkling.

But don't forget that Yarna was part of the Comic-con gag where it was stated that she is far from any short list.

Thats true, but being the highest voted OT charatcer in the latest fan choice poll, all the questions about her in the Q&A, and even the mention in the April fools wave males me think that she very well may be a possibility.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: April 9, 2007, 04:15 PM »
Scott's made a pretty good point I think so I'm definitely not getting my hopes up...  I sort of did at first, as the Speederbike was actually something I asked (in every detail listed in the rumor list by the way) Hasbro during one of the Q&A's and Hasbro's response was very receptive...  But when you think about it, the fact I asked the question and got a positive response means it's pretty easy to say, "hey we're getting a new speederbike next year, I heard it in a rumor", too, now that I ponder that a bit more...  Meh.

Either way I think Hasbro's got that idea in their head and liked it, so that's all I care about.  Since the track record though I'm not going to hold my breath on all the rest of that stuff though.  IG Lancer droids would be great, but somehow I feel like the odds aren't in our favor for cool stuff like that.  I dunno.

Glad I didn't run to my gf's kid saying "guess what I heard", because he'd have gone nuts hoping for those IG droids I think.  One of his favorite parts of the toons were those guys.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #18 on: April 9, 2007, 05:59 PM »
I'm hoping the IG droids show up in CW 3D!  Then we'lll really get a cool figure.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 9, 2007, 07:20 PM »
I think a new ROTJ era speeder bike is on the way, but I'm not basing that on the GH report.  Rather, I think that with figures like the VTSC Biker Scout and VTAC Leia out or on the way, Hasbro is probably hoping to get some speeder bikes out for these figures.  And I think the idea is that much more feasible since the battle pack concept has been expanded to include items like the Bantha and the BARC Speeders.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #20 on: April 9, 2007, 09:57 PM »
Y'know, after seeing that bantha Battle Pack, I think that a Jabba/Throne set with a figure or two is now really probable.  Jabba's pretty popular too, so I could see him being a general release piece, as opposed to an exclusive.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 9, 2007, 10:28 PM »
If Hasbro wanted to charge a few extra bucks and still make money, an updated dias would go a long way towards moving Jabba's off the shelf. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 09:17 AM »
That's definitely a nice idea Rob.  Use the Battle Pack line to get another Jabba out there (I think Hasbro has mentioned before they want to re-do him), and pack him with his dais - even if it is a reuse of the vintage sculpt I think it would do well.  Paint it up nice and include a couple pack in figures, I think they'd have a pretty good seller on their hands.

I'd also really like to see ROTJ speeder bike packs on the shelves.  A new bike sculpt would be nice, and pack in figures like the VTSC Biker Scout, VTAC Endor Leia, or TSC Endor Luke.  Those would be pretty spiffy, and I think would sell well with both kids and collectors.  Its been far too long since we've seen OT speeder bikes out on the shelves.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 09:29 AM »
If the Yarna rumors turns out to be true i think it woul dbe the perfect time to explore releasing Jabba the Hutt with Dias. Give us a nice Jabba's Palace wave and Jabba, Dias, and Oola pack-in and i think everyone would be happy.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 09:38 AM »
The new Jabba would be great. Yarna though, I think would be a major disaster. Sure, there's a lot of fan pressure for this one (not from me though,) but when you get down to it, when the kids see this figure, they're going to thumb their nose at it and Hasbro knows it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 07:30 PM »
The new Jabba would be great. Yarna though, I think would be a major disaster. Sure, there's a lot of fan pressure for this one (not from me though,) but when you get down to it, when the kids see this figure, they're going to thumb their nose at it and Hasbro knows it.

All they have to do is make a Jabba's Palace creature 5 pack or a battle pack or something like that and toss her in there.  Make it an exclusive to a store, etailer, or wherever they wish.  If they can make Lucas' kids they can do something like that.  She does not have to be in every retail store across the country.  Yeah, I am sure they are afraid of making her because she would pegwarm like crazy.  I'd still get her though. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 10:17 PM »
Put anything risky as 1 per case and only in one assortment like some of the stuff in Saga 2.0 was and I don't think you need worry about Pegwarming.  If sales dictate then go ahead and rerelease later in the year assortments.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 10:31 PM »
Except that damn TAC Obi Wan. I'm already sick of seeing that figure.   :-X

:P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2007, 12:36 AM »

More so than say.... this guy?:

Lucky for us, Hasbro does put out items on occasion solely based on what fans want.  I don't see any excuse to not get Yarna made eventually.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:37 AM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2007, 01:37 AM »
I'm really in the minority on Yarna as far as collectors go in that I really could care less if they made her...  I never cared much for any of the dancers.  I'll buy her though, but she falls under the class of "Senators" to me in that she's fairly dull to me...

I know I'm not in the majority on that though so I figure if they make her fine, they just need to make ICMG too. :)

About the Naboo dude, I dunno...  He didn't sell horribly here.  He's obtainable but he isn't at every store so he actually didn't do bad at retail by me...  I'm sort of shocked.  I still think his "army builder" status coupled with a good generic look to him moved him a little better than people thought he would go.  I did see a lot of him at Target tonight though so some places he did sit.  I think I'll nab a couple more of him if I see him again though.  Worth having a few of I suppose.

He is really solid proof though that you cannot ever place logic to Hasbro's methods and what you think you'll get out of them any given year...  Nobody asked for that guy that I can think of, nobody was putting him on wishlists, he's barely memorable from a generally disliked film, he's got little color/deco, he's human...

If they can do the Naboo dude then I want some of Jabba's human guards from ANH:SE and ROTJ (the guy that shot LUke's hand in particular is on my short list).  And ICMG.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77