Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 353367 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Playskool (original) & Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2004, 02:56 PM »
Finally found the Dengar/Fett set a few days ago at TRU, after sitting on the other two BH sets for several weeks (from K-mart).  Not even sure I need the Stormies actually.  Are they any different than the prior one released with the Falcon (I think).  I don't recall if there's differences or not...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2004, 03:04 PM »
Finally found the Dengar/Fett set a few days ago at TRU, after sitting on the other two BH sets for several weeks (from K-mart).  Not even sure I need the Stormies actually.  Are they any different than the prior one released with the Falcon (I think).  I don't recall if there's differences or not...

So does this mean you and Patty are having kids soon? :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2004, 03:40 PM »
I trust you're referring to the rather youthful presentation of this particular figure line, you crazy old man?  I've actually been collecting them for a while.  Just for... uh... well... me.   :-[

But no.  No kids planned now, later, or ever as far as I currently know.  Patty still seems to be on board with that line of thought as well, so it's all good!   :-*

Now do you have something more pertinent to the conversation to add, like whether there's any differences in the Stormies or not?  Or are you still just hoping to pressure me into joining you and Scott in the family ranks?  If the latter, don't get your hopes up.  If the former, start talking!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2004, 04:36 PM »
Nope, just being my usual irritating self.  Might be the reason I don't have Patty's email address from you :-X  Fear not, ye olde biological clock may yet set in.  My wife clicked over with a thunk at the ripe old age of 33, so you ain't out of the woods yet, junior. 

Pertinent I cannot be, at least in this instance.  My guess is they are identical. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2004, 11:09 PM »
I found the Bounty Hunters at TRU today, and I picked up the Chewie/3PO as well.

Are the Stormtroopers shipping in this wave? I didn't see them there.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 26, 2004, 11:38 AM »
Just curious, but what stores have you been finding the Galactic Heroes at?  I'm on the lookout for the Bounty Hunters now, but haven't really seen any of the older ones even appearing anywhere.  I did see the first wave at TRU once, but it was sold out in two days.  I have also seen them tucked away on a back shelf at on Wal-Mart in town.  Target hasn't ever gotten any of these that I have seen, and we don't have any K-Marts here anymore.  Anyways, just curious if TRU is the place to check right now, or if they have been showing elsewhere with any regularity.  I think this is about all I'm hunting for right now Star Wars-wise, with a big slowdown in vOTC/OTC stuff around here.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2004, 11:58 AM »
Here's what I've seen around town recently...

K-Mart: ANH wave & AotC wave

Target: ANH wave (no Chewie/3PO pack though) & BH wave

Wal-Mart: ANH wave

TRU: ANH wave, AotC wave, BH wave

I have not seen the Stormtrooper 2-pack yet, but I think that's in teh wave 3.5 cases (a case assortment with pretty much 1x each of the sets so far).

Alos, in a lot of the Target stores I've been to, the GH figures are always in the "other" Action Figure aisle (not the main AF aisle with batman, SW, GI Joe, etc).  They are mixed in with the McFarlane figures, Ninja Turtles, etc.  One Target even has them in the aisle with the Rescue Heroes.  Be sure to hunt around your local Target to make sure you aren't missing them!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2004, 03:13 PM »
haha. Its funny, but these playskool figures. They excite me a hell of a lot more than the main line. There just too awesome. Especialy the bounty hunters. The Jedi Force line is cool too, but i think I'd only get the Vader out of it.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2004, 06:30 PM »
For some bizarro reason, it seems that the Zuckass/IG-88 sets are flooding K-Marts right now.  Mine had 6 of them, and nothing else, and I've heard other reports of similar peg hanging assortments.  Almost like they're shipping in solid cases or something.  Weird...

Anyone find the Stormies yet?  Any differences with the original one from last year?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2004, 06:22 PM »
I found two Stormtrooper sets at K-Mart today while finding the 2nd Cantina set. I passed on the Cantina because it really isn't neat, but I did get a Stormtrooper set.

So, they're out there.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #205 on: October 31, 2004, 08:36 PM »
Motherlode of the Bounty Hunters, Stormtroopers, and Chewy/3PO sets at a Target today.  First time I've ever seen those 4 new sets there...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 1, 2004, 08:34 AM »
Doesn't look like they are still in stock, but on Saturday morning they had the Bounter Hunter sets in stock at Amazon for $4.99 each.  We were ordering a couple of Christmas gifts anyways, so I went ahead and placed an order for them.  We don't have any Galactic Heroes figure sets in town, outside of the Falcon, so I figured I'd just as well order them.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 2, 2004, 01:54 PM »
Picked up Chewie / C-3PO and the Stormtrooper 2 pack.  First GH packs I picked up - I have almost all the original Playskool sets and have been holding off on the GH 2 packs for awhile now.  Now that I'm caught up with VOTC and OTC, I guess now is as good a time as ever to pick up the remaining sets.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 3, 2004, 01:41 PM »
Picked up the bounty hunters today.  Very well done, hopefully my daughter gets tired of them quickly. :P

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 8, 2004, 12:31 AM »
Hey hey.  Someone found the Stormtroopers.  I see sets on ebay w/ no bids so hopefully I can score a few sets for my nephew's collection.