Author Topic: SDCC McQuarrie Obi-Wan and Yoda  (Read 11873 times)

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 06:42 PM »
Personally, I think they should finish off the McQ live w/ a beast set. Maybe an early version of a tauntaun w/rider.  

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 08:43 PM »
I swore I wouldn't get this sub-line, but after finding a Stormtrooper a few weeks back, I picked him up and am going to try to complete a set.  These would be the only figures I keep on the card due to the art too.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 08:51 PM »
I'm thinking a carded/loose set myself more and more DB.  My order that had Fett in it from Hasbro Toy Shop is shipping too, so I should have my first of him in-hand soon.

These things reshipping though means getting a 2nd set should be easy enough eventually.  Right now, no 30AC figures are easy finds save for a couple.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 03:31 PM »
I always hated that I couldn't go to the other Celebrations... it's OK though, I simply networked with Matt to get the excl's so no need to hate the Manufacturer on that note for me.

DS

Quote from: Darth Slothus
Then, so do me a favor, don't buy from them so I can get more, thanks.

DS

Well, gee, thanks for your concern.

"I would hate Hasbro but as it turns out I am taken care of so I'll just make jokes about the rest of you who aren't lucky enough to have their exclusives handed to them on a silver platter."

I just GLAD that YOU're taken care of.  Darth Slothus / Darth Selfish?  Hmmm...

Seriously, I actually am glad you will be able to get them.  But it would be nice if you had a bit more sympathy and empathy towards those of us that are completely screwed on this whole deal.  Thanks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2007, 04:09 PM »
None of us are "completely" screwed.  These will be on Ebay, and will show up elsewhere.  Most everything does.  Sure, we may spend more for the figures than C4 atttendees, but then I'm not spending 1000.00 on airfare and hotels and meals, and other stuff!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 05:09 PM »
I think that both the C-3PO w/ R2-D2 and the Luke are going to be made available.  I think it just might take until after Celebration Europe for those to be sold online through either SWShop or Hasbro Toy Shop.  So if you can wait until July then I think you might be happy with the situation.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 05:33 PM »
Quite honestly, I think the BIN's on ebay are somewhat respectable when you factor into account the expenses associated with traveling to C4.

Most sellers have the pair (the droids and Luke) for $79.

While the price is way too much considering they are $7 figures, these will cost you, what, $30 at the convention for the pair?

But I do understand where some of you are coming from - it would be nice if they were 'available' (I use this term loosely) at mass along side the other McQ figures.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 05:34 PM by ruiner »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 08:27 PM »
Don't even think about the BINs on Ebay until after C4!  Many, many, many, people will put a few extra sets online just to profit, and they will be going for much less than 79!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 10:29 PM »
IIRC the CIII Vader sold from $50 to $75 right after CIII.

Nowadays they run about $15 - right about what they cost at the event.

Don't overpay for these now.  Be patient.  They'll either show up in stores, or they'll get much much cheaper on eBay.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 10:32 PM »
Sacul was about the same.  "Control.  You must learn control!"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 11:13 PM »
IIRC the CIII Vader sold from $50 to $75 right after CIII.

Nowadays they run about $15 - right about what they cost at the event.

Don't overpay for these now.  Be patient.  They'll either show up in stores, or they'll get much much cheaper on eBay.

I couldn't agree more.  Wait.

On top of that, these are three pretty much brand new sculpts, aren't they?  Hasn't Hasbro repeatedly said they won't do a new sculpt for a low production run figure?   If so, the likelihood is these will be released, en masse, down the road.  Yes, a different cardback invariably, but that's an issue for carded completeists and they have to deal with their OCD, I don't. 

They are $15 figures at retail, if not $18-20. 
So a pair should run you $40 (remember the $3 custom star case) if you're getting them at cost, from someone helping you (not factoring in their cost of admission and time to get these). 
They'll be released down the road in larger numbers on new cardbacks. 
Prices will drop even if they're not released.

Geez, I'm willing to bet if you wait a year, you can get them for less than what they're charging at C4.  Anyone wanna buy a C3 Vader mint with Star Case for $18?  I doubt it.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 12:04 AM »
On a more positve note, the new Liea Starkiller from wave 5 looks awesome.  Seeing her, I'm pretty sure the "Han" figure will be the blue outfitted bearded charcter from the same painting.   At this point McChewie, the McDroids, and McLeia are all from the same work of art.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:07 AM by speedermike »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 01:55 AM »
I always hated that I couldn't go to the other Celebrations... it's OK though, I simply networked with Matt to get the excl's so no need to hate the Manufacturer on that note for me.

DS

Quote from: Darth Slothus
Then, so do me a favor, don't buy from them so I can get more, thanks.

DS

Well, gee, thanks for your concern.

"I would hate Hasbro but as it turns out I am taken care of so I'll just make jokes about the rest of you who aren't lucky enough to have their exclusives handed to them on a silver platter."

I just GLAD that YOU're taken care of.  Darth Slothus / Darth Selfish?  Hmmm...

Seriously, I actually am glad you will be able to get them.  But it would be nice if you had a bit more sympathy and empathy towards those of us that are completely screwed on this whole deal.  Thanks

Pod,

True, I made jokes. I do get sick of all the whining though- I don't feel sympathy for folks who are too proud to ask for help either instead reverting to bashing a manufacturer over solveable problems listed by many folks in this very thread on how to solve( # 1 being to be patient or waiting...Hmmm?).

Afterall, I wasn't above asking for help to get a certain CIII exclusive when I couldn't attend. I certainly didn't cry about it either. Oh, and uh...let the records show that I never helped anyone in these boards with anything they needed for their collections either  ;) ::).

Selfish?! No, I'm actually only interested in buying an opener and a packaged fig of each type- so no, I don't really want more for me like my 'joke' suggests- only poking fun at what I perceived to be ridiculous whining.

Sadly, I was actually considering lending you a hand there depending on your reaction to my fun but, unfortunately your shallow and unresearched reaction to it has made me 'unfeeling' today. Good news though- I bet one of the websites' 1500+ members will help you out!

Good luck finding your needs met with the toys, I'm sure you won't need it :P

DS

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2007, 07:27 PM »
Sadly, I was actually considering lending you a hand there depending on your reaction to my fun but, unfortunately your shallow and unresearched reaction to it has made me 'unfeeling' today. Good news though- I bet one of the websites' 1500+ members will help you out!

Well... you are a beautiful human being, aren't you?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2007, 07:40 PM »
I don't think many people around here would say that.