Author Topic: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 84488 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2008, 08:56 AM »
Interesting. I didn't think you could make a normal sized character shorter than the Bikerscout.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2008, 09:41 AM »
Wow.  That Kashyyyk Clone Trooper sucks.  WTF, Hasbro? 

It's like what happend with the Hoth Rebel Trooper in the first wave of Saga 2004, made him way short and small compared to every other figure.  I may pass on this figure just because of that but it's okay because seeing the new articulation on Obi-Wan I may buy him when I'd originally thought I'd be passing on just another re-pack.

I'm thinking with that new Obi-Wan body it's going to be easy to swap in an AOTC or CW-ish head from the other versions that are out and end up with several ultimate versions of Obi...and a bunch of headless bodies.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2008, 09:50 AM »
2-1B is the bigger travesty IMO, there is absolutely no reason he should be so underscaled...the clone is maybe an wee bit short but not a HEAD shorter...that sucks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2008, 10:38 AM »
I got these last night at Walmart... first thing I noticed was how small the 2-1B droid is... but for some reason it doesn't bother me all that much... I guess because the sculpt is so damn good. 

I wasn't able to find a Po Nudo or Tri-Droid yet... didn't see an Anakin either, the one in the pic is the Evolutions version... I did get an Obi Wan at a different Walmart though.

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2008, 10:45 AM »
Nice pics! Wow....I never made the front page before - very cool, thanks. Just wished I had focused my 2-1b shot now!!! :)

The Kashyyyk Clone  is still a super cool fig, but the height issue bugs - I will need to see how I can somehow make him a tad taller...

Waiting for you in my special place...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2008, 10:50 AM »
According to the SW databank, 2-1B is 1.5 meters tall (less than 5 feet). So, is this new sculpt more accurate scale wise?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2008, 10:54 AM »
Yeah... 1.5 meters is 4.921245 feet.

Either way though I'm not too bothered by it.  It's a great figure...

And the sculpt looks very accurate to me.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2008, 01:20 PM »
Regarding the Kashyyyk Clone, the height difference bugged me for all of a few seconds. Looking at the two side by side though, there doesn't seem to be that much more that's different other than the helmet. I'm still going to army build these though. I just wish Hasbro would have gotten it right the first time around or waited another year or so to come out with an updated version. I've already got over 40 of the first ones. I look to get that many of the corrected version as well, but that will be my last big army builder. I was going to hold out for the 501st #41 sculpt clone, but no clear word on that yet. Besides I have plenty 501st between the #6 and AT-TE gunner molds. So I may not build that one up much in the #41 mold.

While the difference in height between 2-1B seems dramatic, it's not like I'm ever going to have them side by side in a scene, so that doesn't bother me at all.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2008, 01:35 PM »
The scale issue on 2-1B doesn't bother me.  Comparing any of the new stuff to the PotF2 stuff is like apples and oranges.  Is the new one too short or was the old one too big?  I don't care as long as the new one looks cool standing next to Chopper Droid and Med Table Anakin.

The scale issue on the Clone though sucks.  The 2004 Hoth Dude was a good analogy.  I can handle things being out of scale when copmpared to stuff that's 10+ years old, but if the Kashyyyk clone isn't even to scale with other figures in the wave then yeah, that sucks... :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2008, 02:14 PM »
I find it a bit surprising the Kashyyyk clone is a bit smaller, but it's not a drastic difference I don't think... once you have a few in a diorama, I think they'll look pretty sweet.

I forgot to mention their waist gear is removable.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2008, 02:34 PM »
I tell ya, when adding the POTF2 2-1B into my ROTJ meeting diorama, I had to cut off his feet and lower legs to get him to look right standing there.  He was way oversized before.  I like that the last few years have seen a size reduction for characters other than Vader and Chewie.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2008, 03:18 PM »
These 2 figures do look great but I have to say I like the camo deco ops on the Saga2 Trooper better. The scale is a bit bothersome on him but he looks equal in height to Gree so I hope they do not change it any further. 21-B being smaller is not a bad thing as is most likely more film accurate.

Jeff hit it on the head with POTF2 figures, look at the mitts on most of them, they are so out of proportion. It's Apples to Potatoes, not oranges. This reminds me when we all realized how bad the detail was on the Vintage stuff when compared to POTF2. Now they are laughable.

Will TAC be like this in 10ys?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2008, 03:25 PM »
This reminds me when we all realized how bad the detail was on the Vintage stuff when compared to POTF2. Now they are laughable.

Will TAC be like this in 10ys?

I often wonder the same thing.  Its funny, I can remember being the same way when a friend of mine and I first started picking up POTF2 figures.  We were amazed with how much better they were than vintage.  I can remember the Boba Fett in particular being quite impressive to us, and its funny now looking at that figure compared to the VOTC version.  It doesn't seem like figures can get a whole heck of a lot better than they are now, but I'm sure that we thought the same thing back then.  There are always improvements in paint and all that, so you never know.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2008, 03:37 PM »
in the future we will have life like robotic replicas of the charaters,that are perfect in every way. with voice chips and playset to interact with.

I know, I know i went over the top with the whole playsets statements.

but mark my words if Apes could rule the world in the future then we can get playsets

And where is my flying car!
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2008, 03:51 PM »
in the future we will have life like robotic replicas of the charaters,that are perfect in every way. with voice chips and playset to interact with.

I know, I know i went over the top with the whole playsets statements.

but mark my words if Apes could rule the world in the future then we can get playsets

And where is my flying car!

wasnt there a movie like that..and the toys ended up getting some military AI chip in them and they tried to kill people or something or other toys. I think it was called small army or small soldier. lol yeh i think i like my toys the way they are.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: