Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 231654 times)

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: TLC Millenium Falcon
« Reply #570 on: July 11, 2008, 09:16 PM »
I'm not going to get it because I wouldn't be able to get anything else. :-\

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 12, 2008, 11:07 AM »
I'm anxious to get one of these and worried about the supply given all of the demand on here.  That being said, anyone foresee these as going on sale?  Even 10% off is a $15 savings...
Hell no. I think there is going to be a shortage of these.

Stores aren't going to stock too many of these. Many collectors seem to want one. Kids are going to flip for this.

I really think this is going to be a big toy for the year. (meaning sales not just size)

Well, I have to disagree. They will use this mold like they have the jedi starfighters, over and over again- It is coming at a time when there is going to be so much new product, it will be too much for many to absorb. And with the number of people that already have falcons, the new stuff may very well take priority (especially the AT-TE). While stores may not plan on stocking too many, they are going to be at every store- Wally, TRU, Target, Kmart, and who knows where else. Even if each store only orders 10-20 units, that is huge pile of these things on the market. With many kids wanting things from the new movie, the figures, GH, comic packs, etc etc etc will eat up the parent's budget in a hurry.

But, I will get the first one I see. Because I would hate to be wrong, and this thing looks killer.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 12, 2008, 01:01 PM »
I def want to get one of these since it's a toy from my childhood but it'll be awhile, just can't afford it right now.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 12, 2008, 01:03 PM »
I might try to get it for my birthday or Christmas.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 12, 2008, 08:13 PM »
I saw these at the Maple Grove, MN Wal-Mart early this morning but the sale was blocked at the register. 

More pictures

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #575 on: July 12, 2008, 10:24 PM »
Nice.  So that floor display holds about 6-8 Falcons...pretty good number for such a large item.

Too bad they block the sale...I understand it's pre-release date, but it sucks that it's out on the sales floor and you cannot purchase it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 12, 2008, 11:47 PM »

Too bad they block the sale...I understand it's pre-release date, but it sucks that it's out on the sales floor and you cannot purchase it.

Exactly.  How stupid is that?  Is there any single other item in the whole durned store that is on the sales floor but not able to be purchased?  I swear if that was my store I'd demand to be able to buy it or have them remove the display.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 13, 2008, 01:38 AM »
The Wal-Mart display had 6 on each side.  So 12 per pallet.  Not a lot to go around. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 13, 2008, 01:47 AM »
$1800 worth of Falcon's out on display and the registers won't let them sell one.  Very ironic.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 13, 2008, 02:27 AM »
The Wal-Mart display had 6 on each side.  So 12 per pallet.  Not a lot to go around. 

That's all they could display.  Not necessarily all they had in stock.  I'm not worried about finding this.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 13, 2008, 02:58 AM »
That's all they could display.  Not necessarily all they had in stock.  I'm not worried about finding this.

My WMs suck ass so I'm more likely to see $2.37 bouncy balls over $149 Falcons if any.   >:(

Thank god this isn't a WM exclusive.    ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 13, 2008, 10:20 AM »
I saw these at the Maple Grove, MN Wal-Mart early this morning but the sale was blocked at the register. 

That's been happing a lot. I've heard reports from all my local Wal Marts of employees putting this stuff out only to have it blocked in the computer. Pretty annoying.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 14, 2008, 09:13 AM »
Best. Toy. Ever.

Picked this up and put it together yesterday. Pictures just don't do the thing justice. It is well designed and worth every penny it cost.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 14, 2008, 05:36 PM »
My local Wal Mart doesn't have a floor display, but a shelf in the toy section with the planogram already set up with all the new stuff.  Now I just need them to fill the shelves.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 14, 2008, 10:46 PM »
You got to love it when the store puts an item out on the floor and will not let you buy it.  LOL!  That could only be the largest retailer on the planet that would get away with it.  Any other store in the world would be like "Oh, you want to give us money...okay!!!"  But not Wal-Mart. 

I could understand if it was in the back of the store.  Or you use the DPCI or whatever those are called and they put it out on the sales floor and it can't be bought?  Makes sense to me.  That would be enough for me to go buy it at another retailer.