Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 231658 times)

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Re: TLC Millenium Falcon
« Reply #600 on: July 27, 2008, 02:29 PM »
<snip>
The thing about both the BMF and the AT-TE is, they reflect a pretty major investment by Hasbro, so they're not going anywhere for awhile, [...]

Yeah, about that-- I hit up some places on the way back from San Diego and basically saw Falcons everywhere, but not a whole bunch of AT-TEs.  Has anyone not been able to find more than enough Falcons to stuff your vehicle of choice?  Has anyone noticed them selling out?
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 27, 2008, 02:55 PM »
I went to 3 Targets and a Wal-Mart yesterday and only saw one Falcon total. 

Hasbro will make their money eventually... if not now, around Christmas, and then again and again as they re-release it for the next 15 years.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 27, 2008, 03:42 PM »
Outside of collectors - I don't think many people were aware that a new line was launching so I really doubt that the general public is willing to fork over $99-$150 on new vehicles all the sudden after all these years of lower priced vehicles.  These are going to be ultimate Christmas gifts - not just a random purchase.  I stocked up on the lower priced figures and will gradually make my way into the larger vehicle purchases.

I made another round today and TRU actually sold through a bit more Falcons than WM.  I find it silly that Target is only stocking these one at a time on their endcap, but I'm pretty sure that's what they did with Buttercup or whatever its name was.

btw - it's only day 2    ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #603 on: July 27, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Has anyone not been able to find more than enough Falcons to stuff your vehicle of choice?  Has anyone noticed them selling out?

The first Wal-Mart I went to yesterday was completely sold out of both AT-TE's and the new Falcon.  I went to another store just up the road and they had plenty.  Another JD'er in Colorado Springs hit more places than me and he saw similar sights....sold out at one place, full at another.

I think it's selling quite well for only being available for 24 hours, but it's not impossible to find either.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 27, 2008, 10:13 PM »
My local Target, a very busy one, had no BMFs yesterday, but had 2 AT-TEs.  The WM where I bought most of my stuff nearby had about 4 or 5 BMFs and a couple AT-TEs.  It's probably too early to see any overwhelming trends...
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 27, 2008, 11:03 PM »
Well, I put my BMF together today, and I have but one thing to say,

"impressive....most impressive"

Hasbro has truly done an incredible job with this one - I have been smiling ear to ear all day!
Waiting for you in my special place...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 28, 2008, 09:42 AM »
I actually saw BMF's everywhere I went yesterday, and a lot of 'em.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 28, 2008, 09:43 AM »
I got to our TRU about five after on Friday night/Saturday morning and their Falcons were all gone already at that point, although I'm not sure how many they had.  Actually, pretty much the majority of the new stuff was sold through already at that point.  I headed to WM and they had one of those floor displays with quite a few on there.  I think I actually bought the first one there.  I hit Target on Saturday morning, and they had one on an endcap.

Anyways, got a chance to open this up yesterday and get all the stickers/etc. put together, and like others have mentioned, it definitely does not disappoint.  I will admit that the Falcon is one of my favorite parts of Star Wars, if not the most favorite, and has been since I was a kid - so I may be a bit biased.  But, to me, it is every bit as cool as the pics online led us to believe.  All the features, the detailed work, its all great.  Also, to me, even though we've all seen the pictures online...you really don't understand how big this thing is until you get it all opened up and put together.  Its a behemoth (and tough to find space for :P).  One of the best toys (at least SW toys) that I've seen, and the centerpiece to my collection.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #608 on: July 28, 2008, 10:59 PM »
I put my Falcon together tonight...  and my wife had to leave the room because she got tired of me interrupting her TV show with all the quote/sounds/phrases/effects.   ;D

It's fantastic.  There is no way I can truly put into words how much I love this thing.  I've pushed all the buttons/switches 50 times and I still can't get enough.  I've been playing with it for the last hour.  Han, Chewie, R2, 3PO, Luke, Ben, Leia, and Lando have all had a turn in the cockpit.  Obi-Wan's guiding Luke with his training.  VOTC Han is all cocky and disbelieving in his chair.  I've got my little Dejark game all set up inside.  Pure, unadulterated awesome.

It is, hands down, my all-time favorite Star Wars toy ever.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 29, 2008, 09:21 AM »

I told that to the guy who designed the thing (at SDCC) and he gave me a t-shirt.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 29, 2008, 09:45 AM »
I put my Falcon together tonight...  and my wife had to leave the room because she got tired of me interrupting her TV show with all the quote/sounds/phrases/effects.   ;D

It's fantastic.  There is no way I can truly put into words how much I love this thing.  I've pushed all the buttons/switches 50 times and I still can't get enough.  I've been playing with it for the last hour.  Han, Chewie, R2, 3PO, Luke, Ben, Leia, and Lando have all had a turn in the cockpit.  Obi-Wan's guiding Luke with his training.  VOTC Han is all cocky and disbelieving in his chair.  I've got my little Dejark game all set up inside.  Pure, unadulterated awesome.

I can totally relate Jeff.  Its my favorite SW toy ever as well, alongside the VOTC Han and Chewie, which makes the perfect trifecta.  I put this together on Sunday, and my wife was on the phone and had to move as well since I was messing with all the features as well (it is a pretty loud ship).  Just so much fun, and a really nicely put together toy.  I still can't get over how much larger it is than the previous version.  Kudos to Hasbro on this, I hope they get nominated for "toy of the year" for this one when those types of polls start showing up.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #611 on: July 31, 2008, 11:13 AM »
This BMF is the greatest SW toy EVER!

I have one question for all who opened it, how is your landing gear? On mine they pop off fairly easily. Just wondering.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 31, 2008, 11:21 AM »
This BMF is the greatest SW toy EVER!

I have one question for all who opened it, how is your landing gear? On mine they pop off fairly easily. Just wondering.

I've had that happen as well when I was putting it together.  A couple of them pop off fairly easily as well, but things have been fine since I've just let it "sit" while I find somewhere for it to fit :).  But yeah, some of the landing gear (2 of them I think) were a little bit loose on mine as well.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 31, 2008, 11:28 AM »
Mine pop off some too.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #614 on: July 31, 2008, 12:02 PM »
Thanks Guys, I'm glad it was not just mine. I have an idea how to fix the problem, I will share when I am done.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/