Author Topic: Realistic Clone Wars 3D Figures  (Read 51601 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Animated Style for the Clone Wars 3D Figures?
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2008, 04:39 PM »
I think Rex actually looks like he'd fit in but the Phase 1's a different sculpt, and seems more stylized...  The Armored Obi looks realistic to me too...  It seems like there's a real mix where some are more stylized than others.  I mean, the BD's sculpt is nice except the head's clearly animated...  I'd put armored Obi in the same category.  Rex a little less so...  Yoda's then at the bottom of the barrel as animated 100%.

I think they all do appear as though they're trying to capture an animated look in general, but I think some of the animation translates to a nice realistic look overall, slightly compatible if not very much so in some cases...  I don't know if headswaps would look good or not, but at this point the line's so uninteresting to me I don't think I really care either.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2008, 06:18 PM »
On one hand, these look great.  The animated look itself is neat, but they are animated and of no interest to me at all.  That said, I will buy one or two - Obi Wan, for starters, and Cody, when they do him.  I think these will be huge with kids, not so much with collectors.  But there seems to be lots of 'legacy stuff' to keep us happy.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2008, 06:24 PM »
Was the little Hutt on display?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2008, 06:30 PM »
Ahsoka and the Hutt were not shown. 

Just the first wave was shown - Anakin, Obi-Wan, R2, Rex, Yoda, Grievous, Battle Droid, Clone Trooper.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2008, 08:15 PM »
Although, with that being said, if I don't get a film accurate, properly scaled Grievous REALLY DAMN SOON, I'm going to be horrendously pissed off.   >:(

Agreed.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Man, I am SO torn now about these.

I know if I get them, I'll be tempted to army build. I don't want to go through that again.
The Battle droid and clone are calling to me though and Rex would fit in "enough."

I actually like the greivous fig, but damn we need him realistic and to scale (as others just posted about).

I guess I'm going to have to see these in person and make a call then. But for certain I'm getting the vehicles. Let everyone else go crazy for the figs. they'll be the easiest things to find. the vehicles, not so much, I think.

The AT-TE, Homing Spider droid, and V-19 have been sorely wanted and now to a lesser degree the AT-AP and Greivous ship. So vehicles alone it's going to be expensive.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2008, 10:04 AM »
I'm glad that hasbro went full tilt on the animated thing. It would have be indecisive on their part. Unless there's a second season, I'm sure we'll see these for a year and then be done.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2008, 10:18 AM »
I'm glad that hasbro went full tilt on the animated thing. It would have be indecisive on their part. Unless there's a second season, I'm sure we'll see these for a year and then be done.

I don't know if it is confirmed or not, but I thought I had read at one point that there were at least 100 episodes planned, with 22 in each season (or something like that).  I'm sure it all depends on how it does.

On the subject of the Animated figures, I guess it makes sense.  I guess I'm in the minority here whereas I know I'll be picking some of them up.  I would have preferred realistic styling as well, but like we've discussed before, we have the majority of these characters in "realistic" style already, and at least the vehicles are still fitting in with the regular line.  I can understand why Hasbro would want to do this style, as this is a line that could loop the kiddies in, and with a regular weekly cartoon (not to mention a movie release), Clone Wars could be a pretty big deal.  I know I'm looking forward to it.  I don't know that I'll pick up all of the figures, but likely some.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2008, 11:06 AM »
Like all things, I'm sure the airing of additional seasons will be dependant on how well the show does in the ratings.

However, you can't swing a dead cat and not hit at least five or six really BAD shows on Cartoon Network, so a channel like that would be really incredibly STUPID to just not keep it going as long as they possibly could. I could see TNT dropping it at some point, but never Cartoon Network.

So if GL is planning 100 episodes, I'm sure we'll get them. Besides, Warner Bros. has the DVD contract as well. Even if people stop watching the show on TV, there will be lots of fans looking to buy the 100 episodes on DVD.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2008, 12:14 PM »
Like all things, I'm sure the airing of additional seasons will be dependant on how well the show does in the ratings.

However, you can't swing a dead cat and not hit at least five or six really BAD shows on Cartoon Network, so a channel like that would be really incredibly STUPID to just not keep it going as long as they possibly could. I could see TNT dropping it at some point, but never Cartoon Network.

So if GL is planning 100 episodes, I'm sure we'll get them. Besides, Warner Bros. has the DVD contract as well. Even if people stop watching the show on TV, there will be lots of fans looking to buy the 100 episodes on DVD.

I'd be fine with getting all of the cartoons, just not all of the associated toys.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2008, 03:14 PM »
I believe that Lucas has 40 finished episodes ready to go.  That could last two years.   For some networks re-airing old stuff is cheaper and more profitable that making new episodes, so this is maybe all we ever get.  However, if it is successful, I can see Lucas trying an OT spin-off in a few years.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2008, 04:41 PM »
I believe that Lucas has 40 finished episodes ready to go.  That could last two years.   For some networks re-airing old stuff is cheaper and more profitable that making new episodes, so this is maybe all we ever get.  However, if it is successful, I can see Lucas trying an OT spin-off in a few years.

Oh cripes PLEASe don't give them any ideas....

(But yes, I'd watch the show and no I wouldn't buy the animated versions)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Gennedy Tartovsky's group was very eager to do a Han/Chewie cartoon that pre-dated ANH, timewise.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Gennedy Tartovsky's group was very eager to do a Han/Chewie cartoon that pre-dated ANH, timewise.

Is he involved in the new show at all?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #89 on: March 3, 2008, 05:03 PM »

Especially now that they have lost Futurama to Comedy Central.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)