Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures  (Read 37219 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures
« Reply #15 on: April 4, 2008, 10:15 AM »
It looks like HTS now has a deluxe section in their Indiana Jones area, with most to all of the deluxe figures listed.  The shipping date is 5/28, according to their site, but it does give an idea of what to be out looking for on May 1st.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 03:25 PM »
I guess the update was technically on Monday, but I just saw it today.  Hasbro has posted an update on their site featuring the deluxe lineup, complete with descriptions and pics.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 04:30 PM »
Can someone remind me if there is any major difference between the Dlx Marion and the basic figure Marion?

I think I'd prefer the extra monkey with the DLX version instead of the pack-in thingy with the basic version...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Jeff in one of the other threads it was basically stated that there is no difference, aside from a dirtier paint wash I think. 

From the ROTLA thread:
Not only that, but the single carded Marion, and the Deluxe one seem to be the exact same figure.  Has Hasbro ever done that with SW?

Sharp eye, I went back and looked, and it looks like that set uses not only the basic Marion (with weathering), but also a repainted/new head Cairo Swordsman as well.

Same thread had this post:

Must... resist... temptation...   :-\

I need to stop reading this thread.   ::)

:-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 04:41 PM »
Deluxe Dirty Britches Marion is the way to go.  No reason to go with the basic Marion unless you have to have the clean pants and/or whatever relic she comes with, for whatever reason.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 04:58 PM »
Jeff in one of the other threads it was basically stated that there is no difference, aside from a dirtier paint wash I think. 

Thanks, that's what I was seeing, but wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything. (I've not stayed on top of this line hoping to resist it...  ::))

Same thread had this post:

Must... resist... temptation...   :-\

I need to stop reading this thread.   ::)

Uh yeah...  :-[

To make a long story short, I'm come to terms with the fact that I am most likely "in" on the Indy line.  Not completeist mind you, just hoping to stick to Indiana Jones and the People He Killed:D  That will get me the big Indy variants (Hovitos Temple, Streets of Cairo, Tux, Crusade, KotCS, Yound Indy, etc) as well as some baddies to go with him (German Mechanic, Cairo Swordsman, etc).

As such, I need the Cairo Henchmen, since Indy killed a few of them... Marion is just a bonus I guess.... or maybe a curse since having her will mean I need more of the basic figs like Grail Knight and Henry Sr. and Short Round and etc...

Ugh, I don't know why I insist on pretending like I'm not going to just give in on May 1st when I see them all hanging there...   :-[
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 05:15 PM »
I think you can take solace that the line is probably not going to be that long lived.  A couple of years likely and it will die out is my guess.  As a fan of the line and the movies I hope for more, but I haven't convinced myself it's going to do much better than any other recent movie line release (Superman, FF, Batman, Hulk, etc.).
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 05:34 PM »
I doubt I'll be able to resist.  I've already squirreled away a little extra because of this line...  I'm hoping it's longer-lived than you think Brent, but at the same time I'm not hopeful either.  I'm really wanting some obscure **** and just know that my tastes probably won't get met...

I should probably just be happy we're getting what we are.  It's outstanding looking so far, aside from a paintjob or likeness here and there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 07:34 PM »
I'm really wanting some obscure **** and just know that my tastes probably won't get met...

I probably have the same tastes...but even with the most obscure characters, unless they go hardcore into the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, this line doesn't have more than 2 years worth of figures in it.  And like you guys, I am hoping to be wrong.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 07:40 PM »
I want the monkey man's motorcycle...  I mean, come on.

And the funky tooth guy Marion actually slams with the pan (though I'm extremely happy we got the non-descript thug army builder too).  I want Indy in German DAK uniform from Raiders, and Indy in German Officer uniform from Last Crusade...  I want Marcus, and Sallah in a Fez...  I want the German Pilot for the flying Wing, and I'd love the Cairo Gestapo agents in the light colored suits with fedoras and MP40's.

I want Chinese pilots, Chinese Gangsters, Indy in tux, Indy's Chinese sidekicks (not just Short Round), and British Colonial soldiers from India...  I want the dude getting his heart ripped out.

I guess I want this line to last and know it isn't going to.  :'(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 08:07 PM »
Maybe if we are lucky they will roll this into the Star Wars line and we get a wave or two a year,
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2008, 01:24 AM »
A review and some nice pics of Indy/Ark, Marion/Henchman, and the Nazis up at MWCToys.com.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2008, 10:52 PM »
That's very cool that they used the white Schleich tent for a couple pics.  I've got that tent too (on clearance after Christmas at Target) and was planning on building around it for a diorama.  It looks great with the Indy figures around it... wish I had picked up more than one.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 12:34 PM »
As part of their sneak previews for this week, Action Figure Insider has a look at the German w/Motorcycle set - which looks pretty spiffy.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 02:15 PM »
Someone I know got a German on bike and was telling me about it...  It's pretty nice and is gonna go well with the 1:18 military figures.  Removable helmet's great, and other than his Luger holster being a bit oversized I like most everything about it.  He needed the cloth to sit on the bike right so I'm ok with that.  I have some Germans with longcoats already that are vinyl and look better, so I'm not bothered.

I'm anxious to get DAK repaints of the bike, and hopefully a sidecar, for the Raiders chase scene.  And of course one with Indy and Dad.