Author Topic: Target "The Battle of Christophsis" UBP  (Read 24344 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Target "The Battle of Christophsis" UBP
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2008, 02:53 PM »
All signs point to them being big post-Thanksgiving sales items again this year.  I'm sure they will start turning up in back rooms in early/mid November, but won't show up on shelves until the Black Friday planograms are set...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2008, 09:47 AM »
Given past history, I don't think we have to worry about picking either of these UBP's up right away.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2008, 09:10 PM »
Annoying that no price is listed. According to 'Scums resident Target employee's, these are going to be $60.  :(

I was at Target today, so I punched in the DPCI to check...  $62.99! :o

I guess it's still technically a deal though, it's about $25 less than if you bought the parts individually... 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2008, 08:57 PM »
Annoying that no price is listed. According to 'Scums resident Target employee's, these are going to be $60.  :(

I was at Target today, so I punched in the DPCI to check...  $62.99! :o

I guess it's still technically a deal though, it's about $25 less than if you bought the parts individually... 

6 free figures if you look at it from a canucks POV  ;D
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2008, 09:54 PM »
I cannot wait to pick up four of these sets. Great selection of army builders and the vehicles are particularly nice. I'm looking forward to having more of a streamlined look for both the Republic and Seperatist vehicles after this year.

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2008, 10:56 AM »
I saw a space cleared out and the shelf label set up at Target the other day...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2008, 06:48 PM »
I've wavered back to the other side of the fence on this set lately.  I really don't need another AT-AP, nor do I need more Clones or Battle Droids.  Since the AAT is the only thing I really want out of the set, I think I'll just wait on the individual tank and pass completely on this.

One question, though:  Where is the long cannon on the AT-AP?  I thought at first that it might be packed inside the box, but seeing loose photos of it on target.com without the cannon, as well as the fact that all the figures (droids, clones, and Anakin) are holding their accessories, it makes me wonder if they dropped the large gun.  Or maybe it's similar to Hasbro's official Jetfire/Jetstorm combined mode photograph where everything is assembled incorrectly, making it look cheaper than it really is.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2008, 11:06 AM »
One question, though:  Where is the long cannon on the AT-AP?  I thought at first that it might be packed inside the box, but seeing loose photos of it on target.com without the cannon, as well as the fact that all the figures (droids, clones, and Anakin) are holding their accessories, it makes me wonder if they dropped the large gun.  Or maybe it's similar to Hasbro's official Jetfire/Jetstorm combined mode photograph where everything is assembled incorrectly, making it look cheaper than it really is.

It's there, I grabbed two of these last night. I haven't opened it yet, but the long canon is atop the AT-AP and there's a Clone in the seat.

*EDIT* - Sorry I just looked at my open AT-AP and I think you mean the big long gun barrel that comes out of the "nose" of the AT-AP - yeah, that's there too - it's hidden behind the Trade Federation Tank in the packaging.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 12:06 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 7, 2008, 09:33 AM »
Picked this set up yesterday. I'm going to hold onto it for a while before I pull the trigger and open it. About the only thing in the set that I truly want is the At-PT, everything else I can live without.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 9, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Picked this set up yesterday. I'm going to hold onto it for a while before I pull the trigger and open it. About the only thing in the set that I truly want is the At-PT, everything else I can live without.

Hey Ant, I'd be happy to buy the AAT (Seperatist Tank) from you. Maybe even the figs. PM me if you want to make a dal on this.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2009, 01:02 PM »
It went down to $54.99 along with the Sarlacc pack...I went yesterday at Targets & they are back.

Am so close to get one.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 7, 2009, 02:39 PM »
I was shopping for my son's birthday and came across this set.  The price on the shelf stated '$36.99' so I figured that was a definite purchase considering it has two vehicles and six figures.  Not realizing it was supposed to be $54.99, I went up to the register and was pretty taken aback when it was rung up for the full amount.  I pleaded my case and ended up walking out of the store with it for $37.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 7, 2009, 02:55 PM »
I was shopping for my son's birthday and came across this set.  The price on the shelf stated '$36.99' so I figured that was a definite purchase considering it has two vehicles and six figures.  Not realizing it was supposed to be $54.99, I went up to the register and was pretty taken aback when it was rung up for the full amount.  I pleaded my case and ended up walking out of the store with it for $37.

Basicly thats a bit less than two vehicles & the rest is free  :) luckier

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 7, 2009, 05:31 PM »
I pleaded my case and ended up walking out of the store with it for $37.

Nice.  I've tried that in the past with misplaced product/price stickers and always come up empty.  Nice score though.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 7, 2009, 05:42 PM »
Nice.  I've tried that in the past with misplaced product/price stickers and always come up empty.  Nice score though.   ;)

Thanks man. But I have to confess, it really helps when you have your 3 year old son standing there with his big puppy dog eyes welling up with tears while you're trying to return an item and you're telling him we might not be able to get it...  Makes pleading your case a little easier...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!