Author Topic: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122018 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #225 on: April 20, 2010, 02:57 AM »
I know this may sound crazy, but hopefully Ross and all those other stores will eventually get leftovers of the EU wave. Has that been known to happen w/ exclusive assortments of basic figures? I've only heard of this happening so far w/ exclusive Evolutions sets and vehicles.

It's only happened to this years WM exclusives. As a rule of thumb, never count on leftovers. The ONLY exception - Target exclusives almost always go on clearance after three months.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #226 on: April 20, 2010, 09:11 PM »
I tend to agree with Anton...  Don't count on exclusives miraculously turning up elsewhere.  When an exclusive's run is done and the retailer declines a re-order, other stores have the opportunity to purchase them if they want I believe (maybe not always), so I'm not shocked that anything showed up at TRU that was once another store's set...  That said, things like ROSS's finds this past year were a first that I was aware of.  ROSS stores are cool, but they've not been a haven for this stuff in the past.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 21, 2010, 05:51 PM »
oh ya, got them during lunch today, boy was I happy camper cuz almost went to Target instead to look for a movie version War Machine.

short review,
K'kruk bada$$ think i'll have to glue that cloth skirt somehow just moves around too much, for me anyway.  But the material HAS to be the best ever soft goods used on figure.

Jacen neck paint is a little off but other then that he's average figure.

Jaina average figure as well, except H has decided to mold her head same plastic as her hair color, which leave noticable brown unpainted behind her "chin/jaw".  easy enough fix but still

Space trooper pretty cool but arms/legs seem to different white then main body/head, or just different plastic used.  Didn't know the jetpack was so freakin' HUGE.

DTrooper 1 is a lot bigger then I thought he'd be, skinnier but just as tall as K'Kruk and Space trooper.  But full of bada$$ness as well.  Those arm joints seem VERY flimsy tho.

Shaak is very cool, but I think I'll be using her as an adult Ahsoka with some mods to face paint.

Bespin guy, well not much to say about him except glad I was able to get him now I don't have to worry bout not finding him   ;)
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2010, 03:21 AM »
Jacen neck paint is a little off but other then that he's average figure.

Jaina average figure as well, except H has decided to mold her head same plastic as her hair color, which leave noticable brown unpainted behind her "chin/jaw".  easy enough fix but still

Upon closer inspection of these figures on RS.com's photo archives, I was very displeased with Jaina's turnout. I like Jacen only because of the extra accessories, but I feel that Jaina is a very lack-luster, boring figure. I really don't like the use of 2009's Stass Allie tooling, and also, Jaina's neck is too fat!  :(
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 03:21 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 22, 2010, 08:37 AM »
I happened across a couple of these with a friend last night and we were both shocked to see the Dark Trooper, Spacetrooper and Bespin Guard as the only figures left from the wave - all four Jedi were gone.

The other five repacks were also there and it really started to get me wondering...

Having the repacks be Chewie, Luke, R2, Obi-Wan and Maul packaged in with this wave is just ridiculous.

Why couldn't they have slotted in the 2nd version of the Hoth Rebel Trooper and the 2nd version of the Imperial Scanner Tech, and hell, even the repack of the General Grievous figure which was supposed to be Red/White TLC #24 into this wave?

Something like that would have made ordering two or three cases of the EU wave from the online retailers a lot easier to swallow 'cause instead of getting five figures you didn't need, it would take things down to two figures you didn't need and another figure (Grievous) that you either wanted so you could complete the packaged numbering sequence OR you could have always sold online to someone who DID want it for that reason.

If you're gonna have repacks in a wave that is collector focused, they should have at least made it so that the case would be more appealing to a collector.

Another thing that's amusing is that the figures are hitting in April, yet they are all stickered with the Qui-Gon/Eopie offer.

They need to replace whoever is responsible for the assortments, he/she is just inept.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:15 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2010, 03:17 PM »
I've always questioned Hasbro's choices on what figures they carry forward into revision cases and future waves and this assortment is one of those time.  However, this assortment isn't that bad when you remember that this case, at the time it was laid out, was not exclusive.  It also wasn't scheduled for release this far into 2010 originally either.

The fact is, Luke, Obi-Wan, Maul, and  to only a slightly lesser degree Chewie and R2, sell.  Two heroes with lightsabers and a bad guy with the same, plus two huge kid and fan friendly characters?  That's as close to a win at retail as you can get.

The unfortunate part is that this became a collector focused exclusive.  In that context, these five figures suck since collectors already have them or passed on them because they weren't needed.  At retail they should still do okay, but it really sucks for those that want to order by the case, and being an end-of-line wave and exclusive, that makes this a prime target for on-line orders.

If there were five army builders in the case, like an HRT or Scanning Tech, I would have ordered a case.  As it is, I won't.  I'll take my chances at retail where I'm also going to be looking for my Force Unleashed multipacks. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2010, 03:24 PM »
I ordered a case but I'm going out looking for the wave anyway this evening to a local TRU.  See what I can find.

Luke, Obi (I think?) and Maul are all considered Hasbro's "A-List" characters that sell, so I'm not shocked to see them...  Not sure if Chewbacca was on that list, but I am pretty sure R2 was.  I'm not overall surprised is all, but I do think it would've been cool had they snuck the 2nd Hoth Trooper and Scanner Tech into the wave...  Like E said though, when this was laid out it was a basic wave, not exclusive, and the line wasn't planning to be changed like it has either, so I feel sure time constraints play some part in that as well.

I'd love to see Legends improve in a way similar to 2007's Legends with lots of collector-targeted figures, and hope that they can slip the 2nd Scanner Tech and Hoth Rebel into that in the future. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2010, 05:38 PM »
I have a case on order myself, I wish I had been able to find more of the ESB wave at a Target 'cause then I'd be using a receipt from there to return the five figures from this wave that I don't need.

I was able to score a complete set of seven figures today and I have to say that now that I've been able to look at them close-up, this is truly a fantastic wave that should NEVER have been relegated to the end of the line.

The Spacetrooper and the Phase I Darktrooper are both fantastic figures. The Spacetrooper is an amazing improvement over the version from the late 90s. The Dark Trooper has an amazing amount of articulation and it's size is really surprising. These two figures better find their way into the Legends line, especially the Spacetrooper.

The Shaak Ti figure is great, I'm glad to finally have gotten this version of her character from the game.

K'Kruhk is another huge figure - this figure speaks volumes about how Hasbro really has gotten it "down" when it comes to making great Jedi figures from the PT.

The Solo Twins are (IMHO) the weakest figures of the wave. I can't figure out what to do with the snake-thing that comes with Jacen, the photos over on anotheR Site show the snake inter-twined around him, but I can't seem to get it to be posed like in the pictures. The Jaina is okay, she's a good generic looking female Jedi, and that's about it. I'm not into the NJO-era stuff, so I'm not as emotionally invested in these characters. It is kinda cool that Jacen is very "Han-like" in appearance though.

The Bespin Guard variant is nothing new really, new head, recolored (or new) hands and that's about it. The blue smudges on the face are really distracting, it might have been better if they just left them off.

Since I'm just looking at these in the package, I really can't say anything about the Build-a-Droid yet, but the parts do look a little flimsy. I hope the droid doesn't suffer from easily warped limbs...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:25 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 23, 2010, 11:51 AM »
When I came across the FU packs, I asked about the EU figures. The manager said they had 5 cases for the first and was expecting more. I don't think anyone needs to panic about these.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 23, 2010, 04:23 PM »
I think I just missed this Wave today. Saw Shirtless Maul on the pegs, and 1 or 2 other repacks from that wave I suspect. I only got there 1 hour after opening and someone had already beaten me to it. The TRU across town had nothing.  :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 23, 2010, 06:36 PM »
When I came across the FU packs, I asked about the EU figures. The manager said they had 5 cases for the first and was expecting more. I don't think anyone needs to panic about these.

The optimist side of me hopes you're right.

However, the pessimist side of me wants to point out that five cases really doesn't amount to much. I personally want three complete sets of this wave (all seven figures) plus two additional openers of the Spacetrooper and the Dark Trooper Phase I. If I never get that much, it's not that big of a deal, but if you think about it, in order to accomplish what I want to get, I need to essentially go "through" five cases of that wave. I need five of the Spacetrooper, five of the Dark Trooper and three each of the others. So if I beat you to the TRU that only puts out five cases worth on 5/1 then you will be able to get 2x each of Jaina, Jacen, Shaak Ti, Utris M'toc and K'hruk - you will completely miss the two trooper figures.

So for my pessimist side to not slightly panic at this point, stores need to be getting in A LOT more than just five cases each.

Peter

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 24, 2010, 02:19 PM »
At this point, I'm hoping that my TRU actually gets these figures period.  Their exclusives have recently become inexplicably spotty in terms of distribution (TF Animated Arcee is going to be the death of me), and when I took the information from the previously posted photo of the box (thanks Jayson!) to TRU and gave it to the manager, she told me that the numbers were the same as the Legacy assortment they already had on the pegs (namely the sea of Edians and Scanning Troopers from the HK-50 revision case that are occupying the small space not occupied by the ocean of Legends figures). 

The good (?) news, though, is that my TRU is pretty strict about following street dates marked on cases, so I'm hoping they'll have some out next Saturday.  If not, I'm going to be doing some very loud begging and pleading for the second (alien) Bespin Guard around here. :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 24, 2010, 03:37 PM »
Well, so much for the street date. I asked and TRU brought me out a case. Very cool set. Will open them later this week. Now I only need to come across 8 more cases for my Spacetrooper squad and Legacy is a wrap for me.   :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 24, 2010, 05:25 PM »
(TF Animated Arcee is going to be the death of me)

Same here.  My buddies have me covered on all TRU stores in the Twin Cities, and there's been no sign of her.  Oh well....At least I have 05/01 to look forward to picking up some SW swag.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 25, 2010, 03:52 PM »
Well, so much for the street date. I asked and TRU brought me out a case.

Street dates almost never work... if I remember correctly, the street date for Wave 1 of TLC and TCW prodcut wasn't enforced in all areas - some people got the figures before the Midnight Madness event.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"