Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 210780 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #420 on: February 23, 2010, 12:32 PM »
I'm with others, I think Dan is hitting on something that a lot of us have given some thought to lately.  I know it has been discussed before in the forums in various ways, but I think a lot of us are either running out of room, moving on to other things, or just content with what we have.  I know that I personally am enjoying the quality of stuff we're getting probably more than ever, and I'm pretty psyched about the upcoming Vintage Collection as well and all its nostalgic goodness - but at the same time I'm constantly assessing what I want/need in my collection, as it has just become so much to keep track of and display/store these days.

I'm someone who doesn't necessarily want to collect stuff to just put in storage, I'd rather display as much as I can (when possible).  I'm restricted to one room (our office) in our house, and between Star Wars and some "other" lines (primarily Marvel/DC), it is getting to be pretty full.  I still enjoy it all, and don't really "regret" anything I purchase these days - but I don't necessarily need our office/collection room to look like a Toys R Us or a kids playroom.  I've thought about cutting out anything prequels/CW outside of the figures, but then things like the AT-TE (for $50) and neat ships like the V-19, CW starfighters, etc. come along.  I try to swear off "other" lines, then things like Indy, 25th Joes, Marvel Legends/Universe, and DCU and MOTU Classics come along.  That, along with trying to display not only Hasbro 3 3/4" stuff, along with things ranging from glasses to 7" Unleashed to Galactic Heroes makes it a bit crowded.  I have to say, along with budgetary concerns, the main reason I'm constantly trying to figure out what to collect is the simple fact that I don't have that much room anymore.  I really like a lot of the stuff coming out these days (not just SW, but toy lines in general have improved so much over the past few years I think)...but it is just hard to buy when there is nowhere for it to go.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 27, 2010, 10:13 PM »
I read from one of the QnA's that the older non BMF Falcon is being re-released this year.

I read that statement as a re-release (or additional shipments) of the BMF in the old blue & white packaging for e-tailers. I'm hoping that's the case, as putting out the old mold again would be ridiculous.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 28, 2010, 11:02 AM »
I read that statement as a re-release (or additional shipments) of the BMF in the old blue & white packaging for e-tailers. I'm hoping that's the case, as putting out the old mold again would be ridiculous.

JI: In one of the Q&A's last month you said the AT-ST would be re-released with a Hoth deco this year for the Empire Strikes Back anniversary. Are there any plans to re-release the BMF Falcon with some Empire Strikes Back love?

Hasbro: The Millennium Falcon (new, bigger version) will not be re-released to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of EpV. However, the original version (in original blue/white packaging) will be released in limited quantities for web-retailers later this Fall.

Ridiculous it is   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 28, 2010, 11:04 AM »
I would not buy a clone wars version of a new Salve One. I'll wait for the OT version.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 28, 2010, 11:05 AM »
Although that answer is worded really strange, I think that Hasbro is actually talking about the BMF being re-released for online retailers.  I know it says "original", but I think they were trying to say "we're not releasing the BMF in new packaging, but the original Legacy (blue/white) one will be available online again this Fall".  That's how I read it anyways.  It would be silly to release the old vintage/POTF2 mold again, but they've done stranger things I guess.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 28, 2010, 11:16 AM »
Ya I kinda read it the other way, but I suppose it can be read the other way as well.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #426 on: April 28, 2010, 11:39 AM »
I agree with Greg and Brian - they must be talking about re-issuing the 2008 blue/white box Falcon.

Not only would putting out the old mold Falcon be "ridiculous" or "silly" like they said, it would also be impossible.

Hasbro's BMF press release included the news that the classic Falcon mold cracked, which is what caused them to go BMF in the first place...  let's see if I can find the quote - ah, here we go:

"Last year, the toy’s steel production mold – which was used to create hundreds of thousands of MILLENNIUM FALCON toys – suffered a crack that rendered the tool damaged beyond repair."

So, if they are telling the truth and they don't have that old mold anymore, re-releasing the vintage/PotF2 Falcon is pretty much not going to happen...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 11:44 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 28, 2010, 12:06 PM »
That's three large vehicles in one year then - if everything pans out with the Slave I.  I sure hope this isn't overkill and will lead to the death of these larger beasts.   :-\

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #428 on: May 4, 2010, 05:55 PM »
We all now Hasbro is famous for semantics with their wording. If you read carefully it states: NO LARGER SCALE UPDATES OF MOVIE VEHICLES. That means no larger resculpts of ships already made. So the Sail Barge is still in play as well. As you pointed out since the Slave 1 can be considered CW it's pretty much a done deal.

The speculation on a Sail Barge or other large Movie vehicle never produced can live.......for now.

Thoughts?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 4, 2010, 08:56 PM »
Kind of a silly question asking about a new Imperial Shuttle - come to think about it.  I consider that thing to be a done deal and they nailed it with the 80's mold IMO.  Sure they can tweak it, but I'm perfectly fine with the several I already own.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #430 on: May 4, 2010, 10:02 PM »
I've had peole ask me about a new Shuttle, but I've never really thought it was likely considering the ship's not really that recognizeable, it's sort of boring...  Part of me marvels it has a toy to begin with.  It's one of those things that updating it really is only a fan wank if they ever even considered it.  WOuld kids ever care? 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #431 on: May 4, 2010, 10:28 PM »
I too would be happy if they passed on revisiting the Imp. Shuttle as I'm content with the Vintage/Saga/TSC version. I much rather have them focus on something that actually did something other that taxi around old codgers and/or pitiful little bands.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #432 on: May 4, 2010, 11:12 PM »
I personally, if they did OT stuff, would really rather see fighters redone...  I can't say I would even want a Sail Barge at this point.  I've got enough really huge stuff in my collection that I'm pretty content.  Big fighters though, that look good with the big wing TIE?  Those are few and far between in this line to me, and the Imperial fleet, which should be smaller, actually looks quite beefy next to all the Reb stuff.  Kind of sad really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #433 on: May 4, 2010, 11:37 PM »
I can't say I would even want a Sail Barge at this point. 

Says the guy who only ever really considers buying a ship if it's true to scale.   ::)   :P

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #434 on: May 4, 2010, 11:50 PM »
True, but that was one at one point that I was kind of interested in... Just for the display purposes and things though.   And to be fair, my love of these actually looking less comical next to the figures they go with is partly why I'm really more interested in larger fighters, and less interested in HUGE vehicles like we've gotten the last few years I guess too, so they go hand-in-hand a bit. 

Now...  Eh.  I've got the Falcon, and that's center-piece enough for me I guess.  I kind of wanted a Sail Barge because there's so much action on it, you've got a good home for every goon of Jabba's...  I lost my luster for that since the AT-TE and Falcon though I think.  I cannot see how I can display too many more big things like that, when fighters I tend to do a bit of hanging with and there's still display room there for me.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2010, 11:59 PM by Jesse James »