Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 210756 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #480 on: January 26, 2012, 05:12 PM »
Right on - that was slipping my mind.  I think that would probably be their approach for a big one next year.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #481 on: January 26, 2012, 05:47 PM »
I want to know when Retail is going to say "No" to more Big Ones...the last few really haven't been doorbusters

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 26, 2012, 06:00 PM »
Maybe not in our eyes, but apparently they have to be selling well enough for them to keep making these things.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #483 on: January 26, 2012, 06:20 PM »
Like Jesse said...almost every single one of them has been clearanced and the amount and severity of clearance keeps growing.

I'd imagine the CW repaint Slave I would be the ESB one.  I really don't see an underscaled Tantive ever being made...Sandcrawler seems like a good choice and I suppose the Sailbarge but that thing would be gigantic so that seems unlikely IMO

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #484 on: January 26, 2012, 07:01 PM »
I think you'll see the re-release of the AT-TE for AOTC...possibly a retooled gunship as well.

For ROTS, I'd like to see Palpatine's shuttle.

ANH would most likely be a re-release of the Falcon.  Frankly, I'm surprised we haven't seen it in vintage packaging already.

Slave 1 would be a good one for the release of ESB, with a re-release of the AT-AT perhaps.  I'd like to see what they would do with a Star Destroyer, but anything they did would be horribly underscaled.

For ROTJ?  You guys who have been screaming for the Sail Barge might actually get your wish with the MTT being released this year.  I'd prefer a nicer Imp Shuttle, with a properly scaled cockpit.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #485 on: January 26, 2012, 07:55 PM »
Yeah, the Gunship is where they would go with AOTC.  An upscaled one that would also some interaction with CW, which carries all sorts of auxillary stuff in it.

ROTS - ?

SW: Sandcrawler!!!

ESB: Slave 1

ROTJ: Sail Barge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 26, 2012, 08:50 PM »
Totally forgot about the Gunship....good choice there.  I could see them re-doing and upscaling the Gunship, and...as mentioned...with the crossover with CW it would be a really nice choice.  You can fill it full of clones, pack in some lights and sounds and lots of launchin' stuff.  That would be a nice vehicle.  I hope we do see that one.  All the other choices sound pretty good to me too.  I'd really like to see some sort of Death Star, even if it is underscaled and all that (because we know it will be).  Just having a nice, fun playset like that would be cool though - I always wanted the vinty one.

It does show that we've had a decent run of large vehicles though, because it is tougher to think of good choices here and there.  Honestly, a lot of it has been covered pretty well, which is nice.  I wouldn't mind seeing upscaling of some other previously made ships too (or instead, if there isn't a good "big" candidate), like the already mentioned Gunship, or an all-new X-Wing or Y-Wing for the OT.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 26, 2012, 11:53 PM »
Maybe not in our eyes, but apparently they have to be selling well enough for them to keep making these things.

Exactly... and who knows, as long as they're not losing their pants on these bigger items, they might see it as a bonus to fill out the line - they can probably absorb it pretty easily and it seems right now that retailers are on board with one big item each year now in this line.   

I applaud Hasbro for taking risks like this, and it makes me respect them a lot more.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 27, 2012, 03:00 AM »
Looking at the possibilities for the future of big items to accompany the 3D releases, there are obviously a bunch of possibilities.  Here's what I'm thinking:

ATTACK OF THE CLONES
I think what people would think of as obvious here is a new Republic Gunship.  It's right in the midst of the action and the main characters are directly involved.  Plus the Gunship remains a very strong seller on the secondary market.  I think there's the potential here for Hasbro to cash in with an existing tool.  The same goes for the AT-TE.  It's an awesome Episode II vehicle.  Again, it's another existing tool.

But the new MTT makes me think that perhaps Hasbro is planning to go out with some memorable new items.  So what would be a new item that would wow collectors?  My out of the box prediction would be for the LAAT/c

I could also see a possible reissue of Slave I in the AOTC deco.  I'd also be interested to see if Hasbro can retool the AOTC Jedi Starfighter with a functional droid socket.

As for anything beyond Episode II?  I think we have to wait and see how this TPM-3D line performs first.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 27, 2012, 09:39 AM »
Technically, the AOTC Jedi fighter didn't have a full astromech droid in it.

One thing they could do is make it so you could swap a Build A Droid astromech head for the one included with the fighter. That would allow for some customization.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 27, 2012, 10:58 AM »
Here's an extremely unlikely possibility, but I'd go bonkers for a Trade Federation Core Ship...

Or a Techno Union Warship...

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 27, 2012, 11:04 AM »
AOTC - Ultimate Gunship (converts from standard ship to AT-TE carrier [removable troop carrier part])

ROTS - ?

ANH -  Jawa Sandcrawler

ESB - Slave 1 or Rebel Transport

ROTJ - Jabba's Sail Barge

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 27, 2012, 01:06 PM »
ROTS could be the troop transport walker on Felucia or whatever that Republic thing was on Mygeeto.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 27, 2012, 01:28 PM »
I just kinda wish that Hasbro horse thing (buttercup?) that came out a few years back came out back in 00-01 instead.  Wasn't it that thing that changed Hasbro's mind on larger items at retail?  Imagine all the cool big ass stuff we'd have by now. 

Better late then never though.  :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 27, 2012, 01:49 PM »
ESB - Rebel Transport

Ooooh.  Gimme Gimme Gimme.  That was one of my favorite ships as a kid.  Imagine a bigger version with various interior rooms/stations.  Maybe a gunner chair and an escape pod?  Awesome.  And it seats 30 figures?  Then I would have to buy more figures.  Hasbro, are you listening???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today