Author Topic: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack  (Read 55597 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack
« Reply #120 on: April 2, 2009, 12:34 PM »
Maybe a better deal in terms of quantity vs. price, but that was 5 years ago.

And I'd much rather have new figures and that cart.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 2, 2009, 12:35 PM »
That was one bad-ass swoop though!

It was a good deal for those who didn't have the figures either.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 2, 2009, 12:55 PM »
Okay so I need to post this list of people interested in what extras I will have.

For those on the list, please let me know if you are still interested in any/all of the parts you requested of me earlier. No worries if not, I'm just trying to organize this.
If there are any other extras still available after this list, anyone please feel free to shoot me a PM or post here and I'll update the list accordingly.

Forum member/Extras interested in:
kenobi / 1 droid, 1 pilot (or more?)
Rob / carts (how many Rob, I have 3 available)
Mickey D / 1 droid
ctrona / (I'm not sure what you wanted specifically, so please let me know based on what has already been listed above)
Happy Noodleboy / 1 pilot
Hobbie / 1 droid

So based on what I've got listed here I will still have the following available:
1 droid
2 pilots
2 carts (unless Rob wants them all)

Repeating the costs for these:
Prices will be determined by what I pay for the sets.
If $25 sets then each figure will cost $6.50 +shipping and the cart would be $7.50 plus shipping. Combined shipping of course applies (to save you money).
If $20 sets then each figure will cost $5 +shipping and the cart would be $6 plus shipping. Combined shipping of course applies (to save you money).

(Prices reflect tax I'd have to pay on these as well-so you are still getting them at cost.)

Thanks again to all who are interested.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 2, 2009, 01:42 PM »
Still interested in one droid, Sal.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 2, 2009, 01:58 PM »
Sal you can take me off that list, thanks for keeping my spot until now, I'm sure someone else would love to have it.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #125 on: April 2, 2009, 02:17 PM »
Yeah I have to agree with Jayson/Rob.  I liked that swoop, but at the end of the day that was the ONLY reason to buy that set.  Every figure from that set currently resides in my fodder box unfortunately.  :-\  And they've been there since I bought it even, since all those figures I already had. 

The Yavin set is far superior...  new sled, new figure, and a kitbashed figure with a much-demanded repainted droid...  If Red Leader is short like Luke, I'm a little disappointed in that, but beyond that this is a pretty decent set.  The best Hasbro's done in ages.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #126 on: April 2, 2009, 05:16 PM »
Sal, could you up me to 2 droids?  My research has found that besides being in Red Leader's X-Wing, this R5 unit was also onboard a Y-Wing in the hangar on Yavin, and is actually spotted on the first Death Star as well.  R5-K6 could have just really got around, but I'm going with there were more than just one R5 unit painted with this scheme.

Also, I am looking for cheap shipping - bubble wrap and padded envelop or something regular mail.  I'm in Phoenix so maybe you could give me a rough estimate on that end?

Thanks!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 2, 2009, 05:28 PM »
I think I have to back out Sal if it's not too much trouble, offer those carts up to everyone else first.  I'd like to end up with more than one, but I want the crew member more, so I'll probably end up with more than one anyway.

Thanks though.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 2, 2009, 05:33 PM »
Okay, list adjusted from changes above:

If there are any other extras still available after this list, anyone please feel free to shoot me a PM or post here and I'll update the list accordingly.

Forum member/Extras interested in:
Mickey D / 1 droid
ctrona / (I'm not sure what you wanted specifically, so please let me know based on what has already been listed above)
Happy Noodleboy / 1 pilot
Hobbie / 2 droids
Resurrection Bob / 1 pilot, 1 droid

So based on what I've got listed here I will still have the following available:
2 pilots
3 carts

Repeating the costs for these:
Prices will be determined by what I pay for the sets.
If $25 sets then each figure will cost $6.50 +shipping and the cart would be $7.50 plus shipping. Combined shipping of course applies (to save you money).
If $20 sets then each figure will cost $5 +shipping and the cart would be $6 plus shipping. Combined shipping of course applies (to save you money).

(Prices reflect tax I'd have to pay on these as well-so you are still getting them at cost.)

Thanks again to all who are interested.

-Sal
« Last Edit: April 4, 2009, 06:41 PM by jedi_master_sal »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 3, 2009, 10:23 AM »
If Red Leader is with the newer torso, I'll be using my extras of that body to make other pilots, but I will have extra droids and people movers at some point to trade or sell away.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2009, 10:33 AM »
This has been reportedly found in Seattle.

Horrible news is, it's the freakin' Luke body.  >:(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2009, 11:21 AM »
Did they say what store it was found at?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2009, 11:41 AM »
Did they say what store it was found at?

Target
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2009, 01:44 PM »
This has been reportedly found in Seattle.

Horrible news is, it's the freakin' Luke body.  >:(

But did it have the lightsaber hilt?  That's one thing about the photos of this set that really drove me crazy.

***  Edit

Checked out the pics, and yes, it's the Luke body.  But there's a bit of an issue there.  That being that the larger bodied X-Wing pilots have a very difficult time getting into the modern X-Wing cockpit.  Now I've never tried getting the new Biggs into the newer X-Wing, but I know that it's a fairly snug fit for the VTSC pilot Luke.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 02:14 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2009, 02:02 PM »
Man that droid looks great.