Author Topic: What are you guys doing this summer?  (Read 5549 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you guys doing this summer?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2003, 10:05 AM »
...moving into our first real house finally...   8)

Ditto, and congrats, Matt! It's about time!  ;)

I'm spending my summer "vacation" boxing up my mostly loose collection and transporting it four blocks to our new abode. Short trip, but a LOT of tedious work. Man, I have a lot of stuph. Time to hit the classifieds here and trim the phat.  ;D
Post sober.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2003, 11:41 AM »
Add me to the list of people who don't have summer vacations.  In fact, I hadn't had a true summer vacation since before high school.  Every other summer I was working and that trend continues this year and will for a long time to come(unless I hit the lottery for huge money, which most likely won't happen).

The wife and I have no real vacation planned, just a few days up in Maine, maybe visit my parents in NJ, etc.  We're planning on moving out of state, saving up for a house, etc.  We are, however, planning on visiting Vegas for our one year anniversary in October.  I have to stop procastinating and actually plan it.

Other than that, I'll play softball, golf and just enjoy the weather.  Good enough for me.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2003, 07:56 PM »
I'm going to Kentucky, to see my cousins and then flying to Santa Bell, Florida. 8)
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2003, 05:17 PM »
Mostly just doing the same as always - working!  But I'm also going to be spending some time finally buying "the ring" (no, not the movie), and figuring out how best to propose to my girlfriend!   :)

Hopefully we can sneak away for a little vacation time this summer as well, but nothing's been planned as of yet.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #19 on: July 1, 2003, 01:32 AM »
I'll be working, squirreling away cash for my big move to LA to attend the New York Film Academy's satellite at Universal Studios. Until that time, I'm thinning the collection so I can keep it at my parent's house, writing more and hopefully better stuff, and finally starting my band that I've decided to name Chew Electric Death, Snarling Cur! I've finally gotten rid of the nagging pain in my fret hand and learned some songs in the process. Now, to find like-minded goofballs and conquer the world! Of course, provided there isn't another band out the named like mine.
...you will know us as CEDSC! in case the name was too long.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: July 1, 2003, 02:27 AM »
I'll be working, squirreling away cash for my big move to LA to attend the New York Film Academy's satellite at Universal Studios.

You'll have to drop me a line when you get out here HMI.  I work just 10 minutes away from there, and am actually over at Universal from time to time auditing them!   ;)  So when are you actually moving?  Hope it goes well!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: July 1, 2003, 04:52 AM »
HMI is going to LA?  For film and writing?  We have more in common than I thought!   ;D

Offline Karma

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 1, 2003, 09:32 AM »
PLanning on going to GenCon at the end of the month, maybe DragonCon if I can get the time off from work, and then going to Seattle for a week in August to visit my sister-in-law and new baby.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #23 on: July 1, 2003, 12:13 PM »
I want to get there after the new year, but it may be even longer. God knows I need to get out of here, but I don't want it to be a mistake.
I'll let you know when I get ready to go, Matt. I may need some help finding my way around. :)
Thanks for the encouragement, Darby. We do seem to have a bit in common, now that you mention it. 8)
« Last Edit: July 1, 2003, 02:26 PM by HMI »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
« Reply #24 on: July 2, 2003, 12:33 PM »
I'm going to be a new home buyer too!  My wife and I are in the middle of all the hoops you have to jump through to actually sign the papers.  It'll be great, we're finally getting out of the Seattle area and moving back where the sun shinesin summer and the snow falls in winter, Eastern Washington!

I can wear my WSU Cougar hat, and not recieve nasty looks and comments!
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #25 on: July 2, 2003, 12:39 PM »
I'm going to be a new home buyer too!  My wife and I are in the middle of all the hoops you have to jump through to actually sign the papers.  It'll be great, we're finally getting out of the Seattle area and moving back where the sun shinesin summer and the snow falls in winter, Eastern Washington!

Congratulations on the new home Lemon-Viper!  That's awesome about moving to where the sun actually shines.  You'll have to take some pics of the new house and share with all of us.    8)
dustrho

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 3, 2003, 01:31 PM »
I just got back yesterday from a 10 day vacation to Hawaii. Now, I'm going to catch up on video games. My "Must Buy" list now includes X-Box Live, Ghost Recon - Island Thunder, KOTOR, and Galaxies. ;D

Oh yeah, I'm gonna see some movies too.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline RJP

• Youngling
  • Hi! I'm Tammy from CA
    • View Profile
    • RJP'S PAGE
« Reply #27 on: July 7, 2003, 07:58 PM »
I now hate you slave 531 ;)
I just got back from camping at the beach and then at a lake. Other than that I'll be entertaining my 4 kids for the summer :o

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #28 on: July 7, 2003, 09:43 PM »
Mikey D- Vegas is a good time man... Lot's to do... Make sure to take in a few shows and just go wild otherwise...
We went for our honeymoon in Feb (newlyweds... but together 8 years 2 kids and a house later...).

It was a good time and we had... uhh... fun... uhh... yeah fun  :o

As for the summer...
Not much I actually hate summer... I'll be doing the house daddy thing... we plan on bringing the kids to a few amusement parks... and that fun schtuff.

Also we'll be seeing Aerosmith and Kiss in a little over a month now. Oh yes!!! You wanted the best... You got the best!!!
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Jango Fettish

« Reply #29 on: July 7, 2003, 11:59 PM »
My "work-from-home" business is going to take a hit due to the summer season, especially living in NC. Guess I'll be joining the ranks of the working class, given I can find a decent job.

Otherwise, it's shaping up to be an awesome time for movies, so I'll be taking in my share of flicks. (Pirates this Wednesday!)
« Last Edit: July 8, 2003, 12:12 AM by Jango Fettish »