Author Topic: The Legacy Basic Figure Plan for 2009  (Read 7375 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
The Legacy Basic Figure Plan for 2009
« on: December 5, 2008, 10:41 PM »
Thanks to the Q&A Session @ Han's Hideout, we've got a clear idea of what goes where in 2009:

Spring 2009:
- Legacy Wave 5 EpIV (8 figures)
- Legacy Wave 6 EpV (6 figures)
- Legacy Wave 7 EpVI (8 figures)

Fall 2009:
- Legacy Wave 8 EpIV (8 figures)
- Legacy Wave 9 EpI (6 figures)
- Legacy Wave 10 EpIII (6 figures)
- Legacy Wave 11 EpV (6 figures)

Winter 2009 / Spring 2010:
- Legacy Wave 12 EU (6 figures)

Appox. Total for 2009 = 48 Legacy figures (54 if they get that EU wave back on track)

Looking over the list, I have to wonder what happened to the rumored EpII wave with the semi-confirmed Owen and Beru?  Is that second EpIV wave supposed to be the EpII wave?  Did it get bumped/dropped?  Hmmm...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: The Legacy Basic Figure Plan for 2009
« Reply #1 on: December 5, 2008, 10:46 PM »
Hmmm.  What happened to the Episode II wave?  I was looking forward to the AOTC Obi-Wan.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2008, 10:46 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 5, 2008, 11:09 PM »
Someone just PMed me a link to this site, which confirms a second ANH wave...  "there will be an EpIV wave slotted into the lineup for next Fall".

That would lead me to believe the list above is not a typo and maybe there isn't an AotC wave in 2009 after all...   :-\

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: December 5, 2008, 11:20 PM »
That sucks, i was looking forward to owen and beru. I hope this means they are holding them off to give us cliegg too.  :-\
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 5, 2008, 11:51 PM »
I'm SO thrilled that out of 7 waves next year, 5 are OT!  This year has been so prequel and EU heavy that I was hoping we'd get a year like the planned 2009 one.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 6, 2008, 09:58 AM »
I'm SO thrilled that out of 7 waves next year, 5 are OT! 

Me too. No love lost with limited PT offerings.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 6, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Looking forward to more OT goodness!  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 8, 2008, 10:13 AM »
I'm a little disappointed at the apparent loss of some nice AOTC figures (Owen, Beru, "ultimate" Kenobi) - but the trade off of having all the OT-goodness should make it well worth it.  Plus, I think the current figure count for next year (48) is about perfect.  Of course, there is the Clone Wars line alongside it, which makes it much larger - but if there was just 48 basic figures for the Star Wars line in any given year, I think it would be much easier to keep up (and then throw in battle packs, evolutions, vehicles, etc.)

Anyways, the figure plan looks pretty good to me.  Its just nice seeing a plan of a wave from Star Wars, a wave from Empire, and a wave from Jedi right in a row like that.  I think from Q and A confirmations and hints, we might be able to start piecing some of these waves together a little bit.  Speaking of which, isn't it about time to start seeing some pics leaked of something beyond the first ANH wave?  Hopefully before too long we'll get a bit of a look.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: December 8, 2008, 10:34 AM »
I think from Q and A confirmations and hints, we might be able to start piecing some of these waves together a little bit. 

You mean like this?;)

I updated my release list with the waves and then tried to fill in the slots as best I could from the Q&A confirmations.  If anyone remembers any other figures that were confirmed for these waves that aren't on the list, let me know and I can add them.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 8, 2008, 10:39 AM »
I think from Q and A confirmations and hints, we might be able to start piecing some of these waves together a little bit. 

You mean like this?;)

I updated my release list with the waves and then tried to fill in the slots as best I could from the Q&A confirmations.  If anyone remembers any other figures that were confirmed for these waves that aren't on the list, let me know and I can add them.

Thanks Jeff, I didn't see that you had updated it already.  That is handy, thanks.  Looking like a good lineup of what we have confirmed so far.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 8, 2008, 03:12 PM »
You can add in a wave of FORCE UNLEASHED figures for spring 2010.  According to Hasbro's Q&A with RTM there's a wave of TFU figures in the works.  I hope they make the most of it and have a 6 figure wave with Proxy as the Build-A-Droid.

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #11 on: December 8, 2008, 04:54 PM »
I'm SO thrilled that out of 7 waves next year, 5 are OT! 

Me too. No love lost with limited PT offerings.

WORD!
I am clearing out a good amount of prequel stuff, I am bored and sick of it. I am looking forward to the new beastie that is either a new Taun-Taun or Dewback.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 8, 2008, 07:29 PM »
I don't know if a tauntaun would be a great choice right now.  Hasbro just offered up a tauntaun in 30AC packaging via TRU that's still on shelves now.  I think that current presence might slide a retooled tauntaun back on the schedule.

I could see a new Dewback with Sandtrooper via a battle pack though.  And I think that the rumors of a new or retooled Stormtrooper might be related to that.  The current Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper molds don't really allow the figure to sit properly on the POTF2 dewback.  But retooling that figure with ball jointed hips would make it work.  The thing is, would this excite collectors a lot?  I don't honestly know.  I see a lot of older collectors getting a little tired with retreading ground despite some great breakthroughs in sculpting and articulation.

But I think that a companion beast oriented battle pack from the Prequels would be a cool choice.  Anyone else recall the rumor of the Mustafar lava flea and rider?  I think that might be a really interesting offering for a modern beast pack that's totally new.  Will it happen?  Time will tell.

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 8, 2008, 07:56 PM »
But I think that a companion beast oriented battle pack from the Prequels would be a cool choice. 

I'd love to see the Fambaa or the Eopie re-released. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 8, 2008, 08:09 PM »
I have 4 Fambaas.  I should probably sell a couple off.  Although the pack-in Gungan is one of the best Gungans to date.

But Hasbro mentioned something about the Eopie in the Q&A sessions recently.  It might be in the works for the CLONE WARS line based on what I read.  Although it would be too cool to get an Eopie with Obi-Wan, infant Luke along with Beru & Owen Lars.

Feedback