Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104206 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2009, 10:34 PM »
I will cruise back today and see.  I'll pick up whatever is left and let you guys know what I get.

The world awaits the results of that trip............

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2009, 10:52 PM »
Nada at the store, but I'm working an angle on a guy in a local Star Wars collecting group for at least two Dusty packs...

I'll keep you posted.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2009, 12:57 AM »
If any of you guys have pieces to that Mass device thing from the DVD sets, and you don't want them (especially things like the hand carts or computer console pieces), I'd be interested in them!  PM me here if you want.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2009, 03:08 AM »
The Dusty pack appears to be on HTS right now.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 02:19 PM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2009, 04:37 AM »
Yeah, but not for $7 ;)
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2009, 07:42 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone here is even interested in the "Hall of Heroes" line, but I got an order from HTS earlier this week that had a couple in there.  I'm not really a carded collector even with Star Wars, but I thought it might be nice to have a couple - so I ordered Snake Eyes v2 (my favorite as a kid) and Storm Shadow.  I have to say that they do look pretty spiffy, but there doesn't seem to be any way to hang them on the wall - which you would think many collectors would want to do with carded figures.  Anyways, maybe I'm missing something (I haven't looked at them super closely), but I just thought I'd give the heads up for anyone that might be interested.  I don't know if these sell at retail or not, I've seen a sign advertising them at TRU saying they're available at TRU.com, but that's about it.

Also, for anyone interested, it looks like the first couple chapters of the G.I. Joe: Resolute cartoon (which is supposed to be shown on adult swim next week) are up at adultswim.com, with two more on the way Monday I guess.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 09:48 PM by Brian »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2009, 01:04 AM »
If you don't have a GI Joe boner after watching that cartoon, you're not human.  That's perhaps the coolest cartoon in history.  And there's death!  Finally!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2009, 07:00 AM »
Let's hope the October Guard was out of town at the time...

It is a decent show for what it is.  I am going to practice "Ninja Run" all day today to see I can do it without breaking my nose.

Ninja Run - Verb .. full speed sprint while bent forward with arms flailing behind you.  See also "Jar Jar Run"

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2009, 07:46 AM »
Go take your Geritol you old curmudgeon.  Resolute is the AWESOME!!!

On a side note, I can't wait to hear what you think about this years 25th Crimson Strike Team Con set.   Call my cell if you don't catch me at home.  Going to be in Richardson most of the day.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2009, 03:48 PM »
Just watched the Resolute episodes and nearly wet myself.  ******' awesome.  I think this may be the better than the movie turns out but we'll see.  I'd definitely watch this as a weekly series though.

I though the choice of a 25th anniversary Crimson Strike Team for the con exclusive was an interesting idea.  I think all the Red Shadows fans that were thinking that was going to be the set are probably let down today.  It's interesting that they chose to do a 25th style set when the club has been a champion of the 80's style classic figures.

I do like the sound of the 12" Eight Legs of Danger set, though.  I'll have to see it before I decide if I want to pick it up or not.  I won't be buying the 4" set this year but am interested in what the souvenirs are.  I didn't buy the 4" set last year either but did get the SWAT 3-pack and would have liked the RTV w/ Bullhorn.

Unfortunately, I won't be going to the con again this year.  Still hoping they make it closer to NY some year when I'm not also paying for a Celebration or something.  I was really hoping they'd go to Rhode Island this year for the Joe movie like they did for the Transformers release.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2009, 10:01 AM »
It looks like the next couple chapters of Resolute are now up at adultswim.com.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2009, 10:17 AM »
Chick Dial Tone?  WTF?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2009, 10:49 PM »
Eh, he wasn't ever a fav of mine so I'm ok with that, but thier whole "support staff" thing is weird.  Green Shirts are being given work it seems, and all of them wear Khaki now?  Weird.

Anyway, I'm loving that series...  Bazooka was a douche, so no loss there to me.  Maj. Blood?  I'm still not sure why that was...  Regardless though, this is a rockin' series to me.  I'd watch this religiously if they were to take this to a full cartoon level.

I dug seeing Airborne and Ripcord up there.  Two favs of mine. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Just got done watching the latest couple of "episodes" of Resolute.  I'm really enjoying this so far, and hope that they decide to continue it on as a regular series.  Good stuff.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2009, 01:45 PM »
I didn't prefer the original 5 minute CW format back in the day so I'm just waiting for the finale on Cartoon Network.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN