Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281580 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1545 on: July 18, 2013, 09:36 AM »
WAIT! WAIT!!!

IS THAT DEVIL DINOSAUR AND MOONBOY?!?!

Had those been announced previously? I don't pay much attention to this line but those are must-haves for me as the comic was one of my favorite things growing up.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:37 AM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: July 18, 2013, 02:05 PM »
Marvelous News is reporting that the line is changing to "Avengers" now instead of Marvel U.  If I squint just right at that photo, I can make a Black Knight with ebony blade 4" figure.  AWESOME.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1547 on: July 18, 2013, 02:17 PM »
IS THAT DEVIL DINOSAUR AND MOONBOY?!?!

Had those been announced previously? I don't pay much attention to this line but those are must-haves for me as the comic was one of my favorite things growing up.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds like they are just customs that Hasbro made to fill out the display. 

I’ve been decrying the fact the of all the Marvel toys we’ve gotten over the years we have never gotten a Devil Dinosaur. Or Moon Boy (less concerned). So this got me excited. Until I inquired and was told that the DD and Moon Boy in the case are just customs. Bummed.

Another site (can't find the link) said that the dino was a repainted/tweaked Hasbro Jurassic Park dino I guess...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: July 18, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Oof, what a kick in the nards. Thanks for the info though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: July 19, 2013, 01:04 AM »
Marvelous News is reporting that the line is changing to "Avengers" now instead of Marvel U.  If I squint just right at that photo, I can make a Black Knight with ebony blade 4" figure.  AWESOME.

Hasbro's excuse to give us 5 POA figures? I mean, if the line even showed up in stores more than once a year.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: July 19, 2013, 01:48 AM »
The report said the new line would be consistent with Marvel U figures, so more articulation than the IM or SW Legends lines.  They hinted that retailers don't really know "Marvel" as well as they know "Avengers," so changing the name gives them some added bargaining power with the big box boys.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1551 on: July 20, 2013, 10:37 AM »
I think that is the Marvel Legends version that came out with the Hulk wave a few years ago. And i think the planned Orange version was scrapped.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: July 23, 2013, 03:44 PM »
So, not a whole lot of new stuff shown for MU at SDCC.  There was news that the line would be transitioning to a new name "Avengers" in 2014.  They claim that the figure quality/selection will remain the same, but it will be interesting to see.  I think this may be the Avengers Assemble line, which sort of follows the toon but doesn't necessarily have "toony" figures.  As for what was shown, it sounds like the following are on the way (at least that we didn't already know about):

Wave 5
Omega Red
Northstar
Aurora
Black Knight
X-Force Nightcrawler

Also, the 3 packs will be ending with the Asgardian and Astonishing X-Men packs that were previously announced.  I didn't see any news about the comic packs, but I'd be guessing they are going as well.  Not sure though.

They are saying that the line name is changing because retailers recognize Avengers better than Marvel Universe, and this will allow the figures to get to the stores more frequently.  I have to wonder if the MU line as we know it is all but done now though.  It seems to have sort of been fizzling for awhile now, and I can't say the lineups have been super exciting (although I do want Cloak and Dagger from the next wave).  We'll have to wait and see what the Avengers line brings I guess.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: July 23, 2013, 06:00 PM »
um...sounds familiar.   ;)

and

The report said the new line would be consistent with Marvel U figures, so more articulation than the IM or SW Legends lines.  They hinted that retailers don't really know "Marvel" as well as they know "Avengers," so changing the name gives them some added bargaining power with the big box boys.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: July 29, 2013, 11:55 PM »
Is anyone seeing the Puck/Angel wave anywhere?  Spent a week going through the U.S. and nobody had anything other than one lonely Guardians of the Universe set on clearance (still too much for that set).  I keep hoping for HTS to restock, but it's just not happening. 

Opted to go with BBTS for the next two pre-orders rather than playing this silly waiting game. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: July 30, 2013, 12:40 AM »
I heard reports of them showing up, but haven't seen them anywhere outside of the expensive comic shops.   :P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: July 30, 2013, 01:13 AM »
I saw the Puck/Hercules/Etc wave back in May, once at Target and another at a local grocery store. Haven't seen them since.

Mainly because all MU mysteriously vanished from the stores here.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: July 30, 2013, 11:09 PM »
Thanks for the responses guys.  Been a weird line of late.  Not surprised it gets lost in all the movie lines from Hasbro but they are much nicer figures.  Pity.  Ah well, as I said I've moved on to BBTS for the next waves rather than risking it and hopefully I can stumble across a few from this wave, either at HTS or elsewhere for moderate prices.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: August 8, 2013, 02:27 PM »
I have seen the Herculeus Wave at multiple Targets this week, and even spotted a couple of Rhinos today in EP.  Anyone need help with these?  They seem to be rolling out some new stuff at long last.

I also saw the new Avenges Assemble line.  These are on par with the craptastic Iron Man 3 figures - ridiculously bad stuff.  They remind me of the cheap crap figures you find at Dollar Store shops.  Depressing stuff.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: August 8, 2013, 04:16 PM »

I also saw the new Avenges Assemble line.  These are on par with the craptastic Iron Man 3 figures - ridiculously bad stuff.  They remind me of the cheap crap figures you find at Dollar Store shops.  Depressing stuff.

You saw the cheap, 5 POA figures.  Luckily there's a better line with better sculpts, paint, and articulation.  And, of course, they cost more.  There isn't any peg space for them in Target's current reset.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2013, 04:16 PM by Neal »