Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281564 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1560 on: August 8, 2013, 04:38 PM »
Correct.   I think Avengers Assemble is similar to the current SW Legends line.  The new Marvel Avengers line should be similar to SW Black Series or the existing Marvel Universe line.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: August 9, 2013, 09:11 AM »
Yes, but there's also a current Avengers Assemble line that has more articulation and will be more expensive.  You can get the six figures from wave 1 currently on Amazon, and HTS has them up for preorder.  They're $9.99 and articulated similar to the MU figures.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 9, 2013, 09:29 AM »
I have seen the Herculeus Wave at multiple Targets this week, and even spotted a couple of Rhinos today in EP.  Anyone need help with these?  They seem to be rolling out some new stuff at long last.

Yes! I need a Rhino, Professor X and Mysterio... really anything Spider-Man and X-Men related from the last few months
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: August 9, 2013, 09:34 AM »
Yes, but there's also a current Avengers Assemble line that has more articulation and will be more expensive.  You can get the six figures from wave 1 currently on Amazon, and HTS has them up for preorder.  They're $9.99 and articulated similar to the MU figures.

Oh!  I wasn't aware there was a third Avengers line.  Nice that they also called this one Avengers Assemble to avoid any confusion.   ::)  I'll get Widow from that line - feel like I already have solid versions of the rest.

Yes! I need a Rhino, Professor X and Mysterio... really anything Spider-Man and X-Men related from the last few months

I've only seen Rhino this one time.  Want me to grab him for you?  I'll keep an eye out for the others...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: August 9, 2013, 10:00 AM »
Yes please, if you don't mind. All of my local stores have abandoned the MU line, and haven't even restocked other Marvel lines in ages.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 9, 2013, 11:05 AM »
Yes please, if you don't mind. All of my local stores have abandoned the MU line, and haven't even restocked other Marvel lines in ages.

Okay, will try to snag him this weekend if I can get back to Target.  Will let you know...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 22, 2013, 10:31 AM »
I received the newest wave of MU from BBTS this week (Rhino, Mysterio, Cap, Elektra) - very nice wave overall.  I couldn't remember seeing this mentioned anywhere, but the Mysterio figure has a fully sculpted Chameleon head under his fishbowl.  Its unpainted, but definitely looks like Chameleon - perhaps one is on the way?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: August 22, 2013, 09:32 PM »
I'm just waiting on my BBTS shipment.  Stupid foreign country. 

Managed to pick up Puck off EBay for just a hair over $10 with shipping, so cheaper than I could get it for here after taxes.  Happy about that.  Just trying to pick up an Angel now.  Then I'll be up to date.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1568 on: August 22, 2013, 09:48 PM »
Mysterio is a great figure, much better than the Toybiz 6 inch version.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: August 23, 2013, 06:44 PM »
Got my shipment today and very pleased with Rhino and Mysterio, though I haven't opened them yet.  Elektra is ok, though not the best female figure they've released even though they're probably all the same body for all the female characters.

Most pleasant surprise was the Cap figure.  Wasn't looking for another but was willing to get this one for the peace of mind of having these delivered (I just don't think about the pricing).  It's a really, really nice version of Cap and mine is very well painted. 

I received the newest wave of MU from BBTS this week (Rhino, Mysterio, Cap, Elektra) - very nice wave overall.  I couldn't remember seeing this mentioned anywhere, but the Mysterio figure has a fully sculpted Chameleon head under his fishbowl.  Its unpainted, but definitely looks like Chameleon - perhaps one is on the way?

Since I'm now full bore into this line, I'd love to see a Chameleon figure.  Also thinking of rehashing my suggestion from the six inch line for a friends and family box set  ;)  Would also like to see a Black Cat figure to fill out the Spidey line. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: August 26, 2013, 07:56 PM »
Scored an Angel figure off ebay last night for $10.50, so $16.00 after shipping.  Not great, but out of the way and I can now forget that wave pretty much entirely.  I might grab a Nova if it showed up locally, but not great loss if I don't own that figure.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 5, 2013, 03:52 AM »
I stumbled on the new Rhino yesterday at Target and snagged it along with the new Cap. I was considering ordering a case of that wave but now I just need Mysterio so I might just try to track him and Xavier down online.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1573 on: September 11, 2013, 08:12 PM »
Got Abomination, Grey Hulk, and Cloak. Pretty cool figures, hopefully will be able to get Dagger ad A-Bomb.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 18, 2013, 08:31 AM »
I got my case of the Abomination wave from BBTS.  Now I need to eventually track down a Dagger and A-Bomb.